Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

2.8

507 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Have never been interviewed in such a Horrible way throughout my life.
    The reporting time for the interview was 9:30 in the morning and the interview schedule was 10-12.
    The contact person herself came at around 11! Later they made us wait in line for registration in that ample amount of area for like 2 hours till our energy got completely drained out.
    The Contract to hire offer for this company had mentioned in the description for 6 months experience in hadoop, after all that mess the kind of questions they fired was even more horrible.
    In short, for a contract job of 6 months, they were expected a person with 6 months experienced and having a knowledge of more 2 years in hadoop!
    A suggestion: If you people have got the required numbers then please instead of embarrassing like this please ask us to leave then and there itself.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Technical Interview (Java, JEE, Frameworks., Design Patterns, Current Project)
    Delivery Manager Interview
    HR Interview

Campaign Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

1 Round- Overall discussion about the project and there requirement, location of the project
    2 Round- Telephonic technical round
    3 Round- Managerial round discussion about your overall past project experience

Interview Questions

• SQL basic question
      Equi Joins
      Difference between joins
      Sub query and co-related query
      Unix command
      mget
      ps -ef
      grep
      cut
      difference between soft link and hard link and example

truncate delete   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Went there through a recruiter and was very disappointed to see that one of the biggest MNC does not have a proper place to carry on the interview session. We were asked to sit in a room after submitting our resume. After an hour I was called by one of the Hr for the first round who asked about me and about my profile. She was in a hurry and when she was handed more resume, she started screaming that she won't take any more interviews. I don't think that she paid attention to whatever I said. She sent me to the next round which was communication round over a phone. The Hr will give a topic and you need to say for more than 10 minutes on that particular topic. Next will be a manager round where he/she will ask you about your profile and few networking questions. Declined because of the salary that was offered.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Good and not much Time consuming.Interview was arranged properly.Hr was ver co-operative.Interview started on time and there was the person to assist on this.It was a good experience.It was a scheduled interview.They were very professional.

ASE-T Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

A written test was held for shortlisting the candidates. The entire process was lengthy and had taken place in two days. The tech round was all based on what you want to tell to the interviewer. Its best that you have a summer internship done before hand during college. HR round was based on what one's ambitions in life were.

ITA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

4 rounds
    1- Telephonic Technical by TCS
    2- Conference Call- Technical by Client
    3- Face to Face -Managerial Round by TCS
    4- Face to Face - HR + Compensation negotiation
    Overall it was a very smooth, professional and transparent process from TCS end.

Interview Questions

• Mainly basic OOPs problems ( Interface vs Abstract Class, Sealed Class, Runtime Polymorphism etc)
      Design Patterns ( Singleton, Decorator, Factory)
      Garbage collection ( How Garbage collector works, GC.Collect)
      Programming problems ( Try/ Catch, Outputs)   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was smooth. Interviewer was very professional. One round of technical and HR round after that. He was a senior manager. He mostly focused on my understanding of the projects at previous employers.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interview Written (kind of MAT), HR (checking your communication), Technical (quiz and basic statistics like mean, median mode) Overall not difficult process. 1st round was Written test in Bangalore. 2nd round was telephonic from Vadodara. Then HR round on the same day with Bangalore HR

Interview Questions

• Basic questions for a fresher like why you want to get into analytics. Little statistics questions and excel questions. They dont expect you to know SAS being a fresher and all are trained once joined   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for a fresher. I started here on 2.0 LPA

TCS BPS for C#.Net Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall 5 Rounds
    1) Written Aptitude Test (Logical Reasoning, Work and Time, Excel basics Shortcuts, and etc.)
    2) HR F-F
    3) Technical Telephonic within TCS Campus
    4)Client Telephonic Technical (C# and SQL)
    5)Waiting for last round

Interview Questions

• 1.What is Abstraction?
      2.What is Interface?
      3.Can we create instance of interface?
      4.sealed class in c#?
      5.Method Overloading?
      6.What is Polymorphism?
      7.What is Serialization?
      8.What is Primary key?
      9.Difference between Primary Key and Unique key
      10.Which is faster in Array and ArryList?
      After answer they ask why
      and etc....   Answer Question