Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Calcutta, India | Glassdoor

2.7

322 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

1. Online test:- aptitude test + coding(very easy but must be done using command line arguments
    2.TR:- Questions on projects,OS(as i told them as my favorite subject)
    3. HR:- Why TCS,about tcs,relocation issues,hobbies etc.

ASE Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

3 rounds namely Technical, HR and Managerial. All rounds were taken together with the same panel. Fairly easy questions were asked and overall approach was checked rather than individual skill sets.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

After Qualifying first round which was aptitude and coding round,
    during the interview, they mostly asked about what I have written in my cv and some questions based on your branch (mine was ECE) interview went nearly 40 min.

Interview Questions

• Draw diagram of a master-slave flipflop   1 Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

consists of 4 rounds in total.
    1. written
    2. Technical Interview
    3. Managerial Interview
    4. HR interview

the written round consists of aptitude, the concept-based question of C and a C program. And this written round is elimination round. The shortlisted candidates would get a chance to go through further 2 rounds(technical and managerial). And then the shortlisted candidates of these 2 rounds would get a chance to appear for the HR round. This HR round basically consists Extempore.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

First of all there was aptitude plus coding round - E-mail(10 min), Aptitude(20 problems, 40 min), C MCQ(10 problems, 20 min), Coding(1 problem, 20 min).
    Secondly, there was technical interview (here it may be that you are getting called more than one time-my technical interview was two times).
    Lastly, There was HR round(group/personal)

Interview Questions

• This was from ECE core. Two interviewers were there. They were very friendly.
      1. Draw a clipper circuit. 2. Difference in information and randomness, 3. What is SNR, How is it measured? 4. What is the difference in Signal and noise? 5. What is white noise? 6. What is race around condition? 7. dipole in antenna 8. draw the circuit and timing diagram of master slave J-K FF. 9. What is ripple factor? 10. Why do we use digital system even though all real world signals are analog? 11. what is relay?   Answer Question
    • This tr round was in a different panel. Here also two interviewers were there who were very friendly.
      Everything from core java. OOP and all. Abstraction, inheritance, encapsulation, data hiding and binding, compile and run-time polymorphism, method overloading and overriding, constructor, up and down casting, super, final, jdk, jre,jvm, features of java, inner classes, multithreading( using runnable interface), interface, wrapper classes, basic collection framework(arraylist and linkedlist), string and string buffer, autoboxing and unboxing, parseInt and valueOf, static, enum, real world examples of multiple inheritance and interface, Why it is not supported in java, java current version, main method specifiers(public static void), access specifiers, packages. I was asked different questions from all these topics and was told to write code in support of my answer every time. They asked me to write two codes: a. Reverse a string ( in java), b. WAP to implement multiple inheritance in java.   Answer Question
    • From DS, panel was same as java panel.
      1. explain merge sort, 2. difference in singly and doubly linked list(LL) and why do we use doubly LL? 3. algorithm of insertion and deletion in doubly LL, 4. stack and queue difference, 5. what is hash table, 6. What is tree, 7. Difference in tree and graph.
      My entire technical interview lasted more than an hour.   Answer Question
    • In HR:
      1. Do you have any problem in night shift? 2, Your hobbies, 3. Explain the terms 'maintainance', 'support', 'development'? 4. Any location preference? 5. I heard you answered java part very well, then why ECE not CSE/IT?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was very simple. They will ask you basic questions related to your subjects only. The interviewer will only test on your HR part. They will ask you some basic HR questions. It all depends on which panel you get otherwise the interview is fairly easy.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

1)Online test round which included e-mail writing, quantitative aptitude, multiple choice questions on fundamentals of C and a coding question (finding whether a no. is prime or not);
    2) followed by Technical Interview and H.R questions.

Interview Questions

• technical- data stucture, C programming
      HR - about the service agreement of TCS   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I had to go through a written online test which consisted of 4 rounds like quantitive aptitude ,coding, computer domain knowledge and email writing . The online test was of moderate difficulty level .
    Then after a couple of days there was a personal interview .

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

1 online test consisting of aptitude,Email and coding round.
    post clearance of round 1 there was a technical interview followed by hr round.
    Techinal was more of core subjects from It syllabus of B.tech

Interview Questions

• computer networking questions mostly and few problems related to stack and queue.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

THere was an Aptitude test with some questions related to logical reasoning followed by a technical interview with very basic questions related to programming languages. It was held in my college and usually you get a good interviewer. Otherwie, you are just unlucky which has happened to a few friends

Interview Questions

• Explain function overriding in java? Difference between compiler and interpreter?   Answer Question