Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Calcutta, India | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Calcutta, India

Updated May 21, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

I interviewed for TCS in my college campus placements. There was a preliminary aptitude
     and email writing round. The aptitude part was mostly from the previous year’s questions. Email writing was pretty easy. For the people who qualified that, it was followed by a three-fold interview process involving 2 technical rounds and one HR round which was more of a formality as the main selection happened during the technical rounds.

Assistant Systems Engineer, TCS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

The interview process was divided into three parts. First was the email writing and apti test, second was the technical interview and the third was HR. The questions were pretty much standard and the nature of interviewers was very friendly and encouraging. In the technical round, even though i had stated that i have a mechanical background and hadn't had any exposure to programming in a long time the interviewers didn't bother and were only interested in knowing whether i am capable of learning by following their hints

Interview Questions

• Draw a diagram and explain the working of a four stroke and a two stroke ic engine?   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

For a student from Computer Science & Engineering, the recruiter mainly asked which are the strengths - like programming, OS etc.

He mainly focused on how much the basics are clear - condition statements, loops etc. Also, he asked about Black Box testing.

At times he tried to question my answers to check I was confident.

Overall, it was not very difficult.

Application

Interview

Easy and simple.
    Basic knowledge of your subject and little bit of coding knowledge
    Measures good ethics and attitude.
    Answer the HR questions smartly
    Be smart and you get the job.
    Don't finch and be courteous and you'll get through easy

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic subject and coding questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing is negotiable
    As an entry level engineer you get what everyone else gets irrespective of how good or bad you are or how capable you are

Senior Process Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

1. HR ROUND
    2. COMMUNICATION SKILL TEST
    3. MANAGER ROUND
    4. NEGOTIATION ROUND

More over the interview process is not that tough. But very much cautious in Negotiation Round. English grammatical and communication should be understandable. Not much to say, overall good interview rounds easier rather. Any one can crack the rounds easily. Best of luck.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Not quite a technical interview.Easy questions were asked on the basics of iOS App development.Like Core Location,Parsing, databases Etc. Didn't face too much tough questions from the interviewer.Maybe because the interviewer wasn't experienced that much. Managerial interview was a basic one just few formal questions. In the HR interview they bargained with the salary package as if they tried to make it as least as possible

Systems Engineer At Digital Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Truly speaking, it was an amazing experience. It tested aptitude, tech knowledge, and well the entire thing. My F2F interview consisted mostly the discussion on my projects.
    The entire process:
    -> Aptitude : TCS aptitude test consist of email writing and LR questions. Difficulty: Average (I personally enjoyed it).
    -> Technical Aptitude : As I chose 'Mobility' as my field of interest I was asked questions from iOS development, android development, web development, data structure, mathematics. 2 questions from each.
    -> F2F Interview : A panel of 5 interviews asked questions to single candidate for about 50 minutes. Single panel came to my college so it required to be extremely patient. Started with the solution on problem statement they already gave us before start of the interview. Consider it to be an ice-breaker that too a good one. Later they asked me questions from my projects on Android, Java, MVC.

Interview Questions

• Before facing the F2F interview we were given a problem statement whose solution we had to devise. Question: Efficient Ambulance System   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

1.aptitude round
    2.Technical interview
    3.HR interview

The whole process took in 2 days.
    Day 1. only Aptitude round
    Day 2. Technical interview and HR interview
    In aptitude round You have to give online exam which consist 30 question moderate to difficult numerical question

Interview Questions

• In technical some question on b tech projects,and some basic programming like prime number ,number swapping,etc. and In HR interview was as usual like why tcs,are you flexible with timing or location ,,what do you expect from us etc...   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

In College Campus Drive the selection process in divided into 3 rounds.
    1. Aptitude & Email Round. (Quantitative, Logical & Verbal ability test)
    2. Technical Round.
    3. HR Round.

All these 3 rounds are knockout round. Means failing in one round, you can not proceed further.

Interview Questions

• Technical Question:
      (If you're from non IT & CS background)

1. What is an Array. Can we store a string and integer together in an Array? If I can't, and I want to, what should I do?
      2.Different kind of sorting in Data Structure. (They may give some number and tell you to show how this numbers are getting sorted with a sorting method they will say)
      3. What is Dead Lock. What are the method to prevent Dead Lock.
      4. What is NULL pointer and VOID pointer.
      5. Write a program on Palindrome Number/Palindrome String/Fibonacci with recursive function/Factorial using recursion.
      6. what is linked list. Advantages and Disadvantages of LL of an Array.
      7. Difference between DBMS & RDBMS
      8. How SQL query works? Step by step process to fetch the data from Database.
      9. What is Binary Tree. They may give some number and tell you to form a tree.
      10. Difference between RAM and ROM.
      11. Return Type in function in C.
      12. Why we include header file in C? what is in a header file? How compiler handle it?
      Answer Question
    • HR Question:
      1. Introduce yourself.
      2. Why you want to join TCS?
      3. Do you know what are the projects TCS currently working in?
      4. How can you contribute to TCS?
      5. Do you have any plan for higher study?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First I cleared my aptitude test which was of 90 minutes. I was selected for the interview. I had my TR round. I am a stammerer. I think because of this reason I was rejected.