Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Campus hiring
    1. Online math and English test, questions on critical reasoning, vocabulary
    2.Technical interview based on the skills mentioned in the resume
    3.HR interview
    Since it was college placement, we didn't have to wait for weeks for the result. The entire process was a day long.

Interview Questions

• fairly straight forward questions
      why tcs, will you work over time,
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2016.

Interview

Received an email, asking for a skype interview. Interview was organized in three parts:

Part 1)
    TCS HR Representative asks basic programming questions (

Part 2)
    Representatives from other institutions will ask you questions. TCS partners with many companies, and each one has distinct needs. Questions will vary. They tested my database knowledge (SQL, Tables, etc.)

Part 3)
    Logic question. HR Representative will ask you a logic question (not a programming question). You can use paper and pen if necessary. Once you're done, she'll tell you if you're right and ask for salary expectations, willingness to relocate, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Overall, an easy going experience. Questions were typical of any programming job.

Interview Questions

• Is there multiple inheritance in Java?
      Can you declare a global variable in Java?
      What is the difference between DROP TABLE and TRUNCATE TABLE in SQL?
      What is a transaction in SQL?
      What is the difference between right join and left join in SQL?
      What is black box testing?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Panel interview. Usually 2 people.
    Multiple rounds of interview. Test, Tech interview, HR interview, Senior person interview.
    Polite and friendly.
    More a requirement of culture-fit.
    Ability to learn things and problem-solving.
    Focus on academic achievements and institution.
    Professional certifications definitely help a lot.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented programming concepts - Abstraction, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Encapsulation.
      Design patterns.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied by emailing a campus recruitment inbox. The email went out in July, and I received a reply in early September for a phone interview 2 weeks later.

Phone interview was straight forward - basic behavioural questions, description of the ILP Program (their new graduate position). If there were technical questions, they were simple in nature as I certainly remember nothing of note. I remember the phone call was short - ~20 minutes in length. Campus recruitment runs from Sept-Oct; I was invited at the end of October for an onsite in Toronto in mid November.

The onsite was one panel interview, 1 hour long. Basic technical questions were asked, mainly regarding OOP and Java. My background is in C, so I was asked to compare and contrast key concepts (e.g. memory allocation, data structures) between how they operate in C and Java. There were a couple questions regarding projects on my resume, as well as 2 formal problems. I received a verbal offer 3 days later, and a written offer the following week.

If selected you do have to complete a fairly (in my opinion) stupid information form about yourself - education, hobbies, etc., stuff you would find in Taleo/Brassring applications online. Note that the training for the ILP program is made more difficult this year (4 weeks in length still), with more emphasis on advanced Java concepts as well as the inclusion of front-end web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS).

Overall, drawn out process but extremely simple.

Interview Questions

• 1. Say I wanted to print an equilateral triangle of asterisks at the center of a monitor (row 1: *; row 2: * *; row 3: * * *; etc.), with the asterisks evenly spaced out. Describe the process/write pseudocode/code that would implement this logic.
      2. A variant of weighing objects on a scale, where one object is heavier than the rest. What is the minimum number of weightings that must be performed in order to find the heavier object?
      1 Answer

Declined as I had already accepted another offer. The offer is standard/slightly below for junior level roles in Toronto, with (arguably) subpar benefits/vacation.

ILP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, after a couple of weeks I was asked to come to an in person interview.

I was asked about the projects that I did at school and briefly about my programming experience.

Interview Questions

• My weaknesses and strength.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage was a 20 minute phone interview that mostly involved questions on past experiences , preferred technologies and explaining the training program that they have. Next was a 1 hour onsite interview. First 20 minutes involved typical behavior questions and then some previous experiences. Technical portion was mostly about Java (OOP concepts) and a little bit of SQL.

Interview Questions

• Abstract class vs interface. What is a singleton? Creating a SQL query.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at university career fair in Fall. Got called by the same woman in the following week, going over some behavioural questions and updating my resume as well as scheduling an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 3 other employees and the woman at career fair in a panel asking questions. The recruiter lady is VERY unprofessional as she ignored all my follow-up emails, leading me to conclude I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• basic OOP concepts, some details in C++ keywords, and general algorithms.   Answer Question

ILP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

the interview was divided into 2 parts.

There was a personality based questions interview handled over the phone, and a technical interview a month later where you would go on site.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Half an hour of strictly behavioral/experience questions. Interviewers were hard to understand due to accent. Most of the questions were about my past experience. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about some random sql function, which was odd   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through university job board.
    Fairly easy to get hired by TCS without much technical work experience.
    Applied for Software Developer position. At beginning of interview was asked if I'd be ok for QA position. I said yes.
    In person interview, 45 min max. Asked some general HR questions. Then asked some technical questions on Java and SQL. I answered about 50-60% of the technical questions correctly.
    Got the offer for QA Analyst after 2 or 3 weeks. They required background check and official Transcript.

Interview Questions

• Java: what will be printed at the end of this for loop.
      Write an SQL query to get some information with these specification.