Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Chennai, India | Glassdoor

2.7

595 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Interview

First round is aptitude and second round f2f, I was asked questions from dbms like index,join query and in c pointers and structures. After that I expected to get a call. But I didn't. Good experience.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Analyzed Candidate Knowledge,Skills,Direct Interaction Analyzed Throughs,Respect,Speech,boy language,Dressing sense . Explain about that company make exam like education orient or general knowledge questions or work basics then group discussion talk about salary details inform basic rolls

Interview Questions

• First they told just say your about .
      Second educational details then farther Procedure   1 Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)).

Interview

It was a 2 day process. First round was online test which included aptitude, email writing, coding, and programming questions. There was negative marking of 0.33 per question in aptitude and programming concepts sections. The second round was technical and hr interview which was held on 2 nd day. There were three members in a panel. They asked me to write two basic c programs and execute the same in their laptop and few hr questions.

Interview Questions

• Quickly go through your resume.
      Coding questions.
      Why tcs.
      Why IT (I'm ECE student).   Answer Question

Software Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

The campus selection process comprised of two rounds - Online test & HR Interview. Our group of colleges had the highest count of 1579 eligible candidates appearing for the online test. Out of this 747 candidates including me proceeded to HR interview. I was the last batch around 5 pm and my HR interview went for 15 mins. The questions were like 70:30 of HR & Technical respectively. But it depends on your communication skill to alter this ratio to your favour. Remember the HR questions is nothing but your Resume content,so try to make a honest one 🙂

Information Technology Interview

Application

Interview

We had 2 rounds of Selection process for TCS on-Campus Drive at Rajalakshmi Engineering College on 8th and 9th of Oct, 2017.

Round 1: (All the below comes under one section at a stretch)

Verbal (Email Writing) for 10 mins consisting of 1 question including phrases to be used appropriately in sequentially order.
    Quant and Logical Aptitude for 40 mins consisting of 20 questions including 2 star questions.
    Technical MCQ's for 20 mins consisting of 10 questions including 2 star questions fully of C Aptitude basics.
    Coding Question for 20 mins consisting of 1 question using C language and with Command-Line Arguments to get Input.

Round 2:
    Involves both Technical and HR Questions with 3 Interviewer in a panel.

Very basic knowledge and skills required to crack in Round 1 and you can look for TCS frequently asked question in google so that it helps you clear Round 1 easily as the questions are repeated most of time.

Be careful, they have negative marking for each wrong answers you attend of MCQ Type Questions and no negative marking for fill in the blanks type Questions.

It also has 2 star Questions in each of section which consist of higher marks also.

Prepare well for Aptitude as its the most difficult part of selection process and basis of C programming enough to crack Technical MCQ's as well as Coding question.

Coding questions are like area of circle, prime number or not, sum of prime numbers, factorial, hypotenuse, etc.

For Email Writing check examples on internet.

For Interview Process its all in your hands and on TCS Application Form as well as resume.

I hope this much is enough to crack the TCS Drive.

-All the best and come out with flying colors!

Interview Questions

• Like explain about WannaCry attack and one more recent attack?
      Use Bubble Sort Algorithm and find maximum element efficiently?
      explain Bubble Sort Algorithm?
      then based on project,java basics,etc   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The TCS test for 2017-2018 campus season will have four sections:
    1) Section-1 Quantitative Test
    2) Section-2 Verbal Test (Test on Written English skills)
    3) Section-3 Test on Programming Language Proficiency (based on ‘C’)
    4) Section-4 Coding test (C Language)

Interview Questions

• Intro urself
      Questions from area of interest.
      Abt tcs
      Y should I hire u
      Y u want to joint tcs
      For core dept it,cs
      Definetly tey will check our technical knowledge
      Tey will ask basic program from c 1ly either we need to explain or don’t know means say logic how it works   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was a friendly approach from the HR.Just few questions from my area of interest and about my background.Questions about presentation and mini-projects.If u belong to the IT department be strong in programming languages such as java,c,c++,python.It depends on which panel u get .The first round was easy with mcq from c,email ,quantsand programming questions to be solved using command line argument within 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• questions about OSI model and TCP/IP architecture ,programming questions to be solved on spot.(fibonacci,sum,count etc)   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Online test - aptitude, analytical and coding test

Technical round where they asked questions solely from the resume and tested basic coding and programming knowledge.
    HR asked about the areas of interest, and few common behavioral questions

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)).

Interview

The process started with a phone call from the technical team who got my profile online. They had one screening round and I was called for one more round in person the next day. The process went for 1 hour and later I was called in the evening and told that I was shortlisted for the client round of interview. It happened after two days and following day I got the selection confirmation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Well i was selected for the EIS domain so in addition to basic hr questions they also asked core related questions. The interview went for around 15 min. They asked about are you ready for relocation.