Tata Consultancy Services Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

3.1

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through a campus jobs website. I was contacted for two phone interviews. The first one was with someone from HR and they asked generic questions about my schooling and areas of interest. The second interview was more of a technical interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was easy with only HR related questions. I got it through college career fair and they recruited many students that year. The person who interviewed me was from software department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Storrs, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

They contacted me after the career fair in school. Scheduled a skype interview, but due to recruiter's technical problems, did an over the Phone Interview instead. One general one, and one technical.

Interview Questions

• One of the technical question was about reynolds number.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview + a 45 minute interview with HR and managers. Followed by one last phone call and finally enabling an offer letter to be sent to us. Good and smooth not too much red tape to go through

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I was a phone interview to explain the position and the location but they did not have a position open at this moment close to where I leave and i was not planning to relocate. The recruter said that will keep my information and in about two month will get back to me with to discuss new openings in my area

Engineer Interview

Interview

was campus recruitment process and was thru test and interview. It is the standard process probably followed in many colleges. TCS is one of the highest takers of students from colleges and provides training to them to make them ready for the software industry.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview

i dont know
    Please fix the following errors:
    Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.
    Please let us know the outcome of this interview
    Please let us know the overall experience of this interview

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Total 7 rounds:
    1. Quantitative Aptitude Test 20 questions 40 mins. 1/3rd Negative Marking. Moderately Difficult. Because of my percentage i was qualified to next round directly
    2. Email writing Technical Aptitude Programming round. From this year TCS has added Technical and Programming round. It was pretty easy.

3. Technical Interview. 2 panelist were there. Questions are depend on candidate's branch. I'm from E&Tc so most of the questions were from core electronics. Basic must be clear. They can ask any thing. Most importantly one must know everything about the project.

4.Managerial Interview. Depends on comments given in technical interview.

5. HR. Formality round. They will tell you about joining process, locations shift etc.

Each interview round has eliminations

Interview Questions

• Difference between Industrial Electronics(My diploma stream) & E&TC, GSM CDMA difference, FDMA TDMA, Satellite communication, Almost all types of sensors, How to avoid voltage fluctuations, Properties of JAVA etc. Computer and IT guys must know DBMS. They will ask you about types of Data Bases   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

1 st step was online test, where the questions were not as simple as people say about TCS, questions were bit tricky, most probably 30 questions for 60 mins, from their own server.
    2nd step was interview where I was asked questions from core subjects ,this was not a difficult round . Only thing is have to be confident and subject knowledge is also bit required.
    3 rd round was again technical round , questions were asked by senior interviewer.
    Final round was HR round where I was asked about my personal interests and my migrate abilities and few simple stuffs and my marks cards were verified .

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

all went fine but not selected
    all went fine but not selected
    all went fine but not selectedall went fine but not selectedall went fine but not selectedall went fine but not selectedall went fine but not selectedall went fine but not selected