Tata Consultancy Services Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.6

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

So I was interviewed at Fr.agnel college. There were 2 rounds of interview. First was the aptitude test and second was the HR round. The apptitude was easy. Quants was a bit tough though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Vellore (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

1st round from email writing, aptitude, computer language mcq and code for given problem. 2nd round is about technical HR and personal HR where questions were asked from basic c programming and personal details and regarding projects that are mentioned.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2017.

Interview

2 days interview 1 day:online test which contained 4 section 1:section on email writing 2:quantitative aptitude 3 section: c mcqs 4 section: writing code in c for given problem statement .

2 day there were 3 rounds
    technical round
    managerial round
    Hr round

Technical round: They asked some programs, and question on java,dbms,,html,css

Interview Questions

• which algorithm is best in operating systems?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

They had 2 round of interviews - Aptitude test and Personal Interview
    The new programming test was glitch-prone and the server used to crash. Would also require better time management by the hr team

Interview Questions

• Talk to us on your technical strengths   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds for overall process:
    Round I:
    The very first is Aptitude test. You might like to prepare a few question papers from campusgate.com , else the Aptitude is very easy.
    There were 20 quantitative aptitude question, 10 technical C and C++,10 logical reasoning and an eMail writing.

Round II: This was the face to face interview process having 3 panelists. 2 technical person and an HR.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferable Language?   1 Answer
    • What is fatal error in Java and how to handle it?   1 Answer
    • What is abstraction?   1 Answer
    • What if Google offers you job tomorrow, will you still join TCS?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tumakuru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tumakuru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

3 Rounds of Interview Process.
    1.Technical
    2. Managerial
    3. HR
    Technical interview will be according to the branch and they usually ask basics.
    Managerial interview will be on some situation and puzzle solving.
    HR is test your communication and personality.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Ahmedabad (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

On the first day we appeared for online test. Online test was having four sections described as below.
    1. Email Writing: In this section, candidate had to write an email based on points given. (Tip : Include all the points in the given order and avoid unnecessary sentences.)
    2. Aptitude test: 20 Questions were given of average difficulty with negative marking scheme.(Tip: Time is money here. Skip the question if you don't get direction of solving in one minute.)
    3. Programming language Proficiency test: Questions based on pointers, array, function scope were asked. If you are good at programming then this section should not bother you.
    4. Coding Test: I was asked to check if the input string is palindrome or not. (NOTE: we were asked to use command line arguments for input. use of standard input functions(scanf, gets etc.) was not allowed. other problem was to convert decimal to binary.
    cumulative score was used for sort listing candidates for interview.

In the beginning of interview, I told them that I was from mechanical branch but I have studied Data structures and Algorithms. So most of technical questions were from these subjects. They asked me about DBMS but I didn't have much knowledge so I told them that I did not know. Then they asked about the projects I have done. HR questions were mostly based on what I had written in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain linked list and heap.
      Difference between stack and binary tree.
      Basics of microprocessor.
      Basic concepts of OOPs.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked about the projects undertaken during the course as detailed illustration and few about areas of interest mentioned in the resume. They asked about ours dreams and hobbies and what can you do in the free time like some basic questions. Basic computer and networking protocol knowledge is tested. Finally they expect us to ask a feedback from them and any other further questions about them can also be tested during the process.

Interview Questions

• What is the mechanism of toll gate and what sensors are used in it?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

good practical and simple.. I was asked about my resume a lot.. my leadership encounters were discussed good.. and the technology knowledge was mostly testing in C++ and the class details that were college level... and since i did not have a previous experience only college level discussion were there

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2016.

Interview

there were a aptitude test , TR and HR round . once you clear aptitude test u will eligible for next rounds . level of aptitude is very good ,for preparation of aptitude visit campusgate web site and solve previous year papers. i cleared Apti round and TR round . when i was facing HR all were going good he asked me that r u ready for bond , nightshift amd all , at last he asked me geography questions and a situation qutn , the worst thing is that situation based question that decided that i am eligible or not and I am not selected in HR round bcoz of this sense less question.