Tata Consultancy Services IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Got call form recruiter, then had call for technical round, then had call for HR round, One final face to face round with GL and received the offer in hand.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Got call from recruiter and interview was scheduled after couple of days. After the first interview, second was scheduled after 1 week and finally the HR round for salary negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

TATA was one of the companies to appear at our campus career day. I spoke with a representative of the company and handed him my resume. We spoke briefly about my experience and interests. He seemed to perk up when I mentioned my .NET experience. He told me a little about the company and described the job in basic terms as "traveling to client sites and developing custom .NET software according to their specifications" This seemed generally agreeable to me. I was looking for some experience in the software development area, this seemed like a reasonable opportunity. He invited me to interview with the company when they returned to campus in about 3 weeks. I gave my resume and contact information to another Hr representative of the company. She mentioned that there would be two interviews, one with her and another technical interview.

When they returned, I was surprised to hear that there was only going to be the "Hr" interview and if they were happy with me, there would be a technical interview at a later date. The Hr interview was pretty standard, more about you, your habits, and just kind of feeling you out. It lasted about half an hour and she told me that someone will be in contact in a few weeks, the usual.

About a week and a half passed, and on a Wednesday, I received an email that I was invited to an information session in another city about, 175 miles away which was going to be held that friday. As in 48 hours later. I was very surprised and disappointed that the event was created on such short notice. I had a prior engagement that I could not break, so I could not attend the information session, which included a technical interview. I can only assume that my recruitment for this job is now over since I, not surprisingly, haven't heard anything from them after not attending the information session.

Interview Questions

• None really. It was a Hr type interview asking about working in teams, job experience, etc. "Tell me about yourself", "Give me an example of a situation when you did more than what was required of you".   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

One fine morning, I have received a call from HR Tata Consultancy Services, UK, I had few minutes telephonic interview first and then I was given a date for face to face interview. During the interview, they asked me technical questions as well as some competency questions. Anyway, interview gone well.

Interview Questions

In fact, they trying to get cheaper employees from India

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

many rounds were there including written tests and then interviews face to face. people were getting selected based on their performance and dedication towards their fields. people from different fields were applying and getting through.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Hired through campus placement drive.
    The whole process took 3 days to complete.
    Day 1 - Company presentation
    Day 2 - Online Aptitude Assessment and Verbal Assessment
    Day 3 - Technical and HR interview
    Questions focussed mainly on projects, achievements, family background and discussing personal traits and hobbies. Special interest shown by recruiter on pan-India availability.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions as such. Grilled me on my training project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Campus hiring. No negotiation possible

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

i'm from electrical..was expecting questions from computer science.expecting easy but was difficult was unprepared.. but the interview was from electrical and asked electrical question.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Lengthy- It took me 5 months to get the offer letter. However it may be my experience

Negotiation

It was ok. They offered me and I accepted

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tokyo (Japan)) in January 2008.

Interview

My first contact with the company was at job fair in Tokyo, Japan.
    I was not considering it a viable working scenario, because I am neither Indian, nor Japanese, and all these stories, how Indian companies treat their employes, you know... But my friend (also, neither of the above) had a prior positive working experience in India, he said it really depend on how you look, including ethnicity, so he convinced me to give them a shot.
    I spoke to their recruiter first (a cute Japanese lady as always), a friendly chat more looking like small talk. Then I filled their application forms, and she asked me to wait for the next round, right there on the job fair, and soon I was invited to the booth for a technical interview. Started in Jananese again, then switched to English when discussing technical matters. It was all about examples from my my past experience, no grilling of any kind.
    Then the company disappeared for a couple of weeks, after that II received an Email about whether I am available for an interview with a team. This one was on the phone, all team members were Indians, technical questions were more like do I know anything about this or that, and they were OK with just "yes, no problem, I can handle that", no following up.
    After that the company went silent again for some weeks, and once I followed up by email, I received a response that sounded like "we do not plan to contact you at any future time", it sounded pretty harsh to me. And, after a couple of weeks after that, they just emailed me a photocopy of a job offer signed from their side, and a question, would I accept that. The pay was twice higher than my contract that time, and my current contract was actually ending next day, with no extension, together with my working visa in Japan, so I replied that offer email with my yes within less than a minute. These guys really saved me that time!

Interview Questions

• They ended up asking, if I am OK working with Indian team, and I think it was the main question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, and I've never heard of salary negotiation in Japanese working environment. Actually, I think it is very good - people give full information about themselves, like photo in resume, family size, age, ethnicity, and they get paid accordig to their percepted needs and worth agaist metrics established in the society.