Tata Consultancy Services IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Got call form recruiter, then had call for technical round, then had call for HR round, One final face to face round with GL and received the offer in hand.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Got call from recruiter and interview was scheduled after couple of days. After the first interview, second was scheduled after 1 week and finally the HR round for salary negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

TATA was one of the companies to appear at our campus career day. I spoke with a representative of the company and handed him my resume. We spoke briefly about my experience and interests. He seemed to perk up when I mentioned my .NET experience. He told me a little about the company and described the job in basic terms as "traveling to client sites and developing custom .NET software according to their specifications" This seemed generally agreeable to me. I was looking for some experience in the software development area, this seemed like a reasonable opportunity. He invited me to interview with the company when they returned to campus in about 3 weeks. I gave my resume and contact information to another Hr representative of the company. She mentioned that there would be two interviews, one with her and another technical interview.

When they returned, I was surprised to hear that there was only going to be the "Hr" interview and if they were happy with me, there would be a technical interview at a later date. The Hr interview was pretty standard, more about you, your habits, and just kind of feeling you out. It lasted about half an hour and she told me that someone will be in contact in a few weeks, the usual.

About a week and a half passed, and on a Wednesday, I received an email that I was invited to an information session in another city about, 175 miles away which was going to be held that friday. As in 48 hours later. I was very surprised and disappointed that the event was created on such short notice. I had a prior engagement that I could not break, so I could not attend the information session, which included a technical interview. I can only assume that my recruitment for this job is now over since I, not surprisingly, haven't heard anything from them after not attending the information session.

Interview Questions

• None really. It was a Hr type interview asking about working in teams, job experience, etc. "Tell me about yourself", "Give me an example of a situation when you did more than what was required of you".   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Written Test procedure:

In this section, eligible students are asked to write an exam which is conducted by TCS representatives. Each student gets the different questions, but as of the same pattern and type. The time duration will be 1:30 hours.

Technical interview:
    Questions will be asked form various programming languages like C, C++ & java.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

After Qualifying first round which was aptitude and coding round,
    during the interview, they mostly asked about what I have written in my cv and some questions based on your branch (mine was ECE) interview went nearly 40 min.

Interview Questions

• Draw diagram of a master-slave flipflop   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Vellore (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was an online test round comprising of quantitative aptitude ,logical and an email writing section. There was a simple coding question also.Check whether a number is palindrome or not. The next was technical and HR interview. I had a panel with 4 people. Interview was pretty relaxed and easy

Interview Questions

• Interview was totally based on my resume. Few questions from microcontroller were asked. I was also asked about my plans for further studies . As i was chosen for IT consulting, I was asked to code a simple program- swapping two numbers and check for palindrome string using function.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Vellore (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

first round was about aptitude test. Previous years questions were repeated. Email writing round was newly introduced not so much difficult. Some technical questions on c language were also asked. Shortlisted candidates were askedto appear for interview round

Interview Questions

• Basically there were 3 hrs infront of u. It was a easy process. They asked questions about hobbies, whytcs and similar to that and swappingprogramme.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

One fine morning, I have received a call from HR Tata Consultancy Services, UK, I had few minutes telephonic interview first and then I was given a date for face to face interview. During the interview, they asked me technical questions as well as some competency questions. Anyway, interview gone well.

Interview Questions

In fact, they trying to get cheaper employees from India

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

many rounds were there including written tests and then interviews face to face. people were getting selected based on their performance and dedication towards their fields. people from different fields were applying and getting through.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Hired through campus placement drive.
    The whole process took 3 days to complete.
    Day 1 - Company presentation
    Day 2 - Online Aptitude Assessment and Verbal Assessment
    Day 3 - Technical and HR interview
    Questions focussed mainly on projects, achievements, family background and discussing personal traits and hobbies. Special interest shown by recruiter on pan-India availability.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions as such. Grilled me on my training project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Campus hiring. No negotiation possible