Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.9

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2017.

Interview

I received an inmail on linkedin from an official TCS recruiter. I replied to all his questions in a timely fashion, however, received his delayed responses at 2-3 days gaps. I believe that he was not interested in the recruitment to begin with.
    Its been a week since his last response. Apparently, I've noticed that he had stopped replying once he learned, after a phone interview with me, that I am an F1 student and will be available to work on OPT.
    So, in conclusion, they are looking for GC and US citizens only.
    International students, don't bother wasting your time and patience on Indian companies in US as they have abused their power to H1B intake and can no longer sponsor you.
    Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for the walk-in interview?
      What is you work auth. status?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (West Lafayette, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about a position and upon finding out my major did not fit that position, forwarded my resume to another recruiter. The interview was a screening process to see how I would behave within the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a team project you worked on in one of your classes. What challenges did you encounter while working with your teammate(s) on the project? How did you overcome them? What would you have done differently if you were to complete the same project today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

A person called your phone and asked for an interview. I was not prepare at all. The phone interview was about 30 mins long. The interview included database and network

Interview Questions

• What is the different between left join and right join?   2 Answers

Assistant Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

There were 3 Rounds
    Written Exam
     Depending on college reputation top 5 students of every branch can skip Written test and will be sent directly to personal interview.
    Tech Round:
      Based on technical subjects,resume ad courses
    3.HR Round:
     Checks your Confidence Levels and Skills u possess.
    Mostly hr questions and Your attitude will be checke

TA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Stillwater, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Technical interview , lots of questions on resume and a particular point of interest.
    For eg. My resume said ANSYS, so the interview was going on for 30 minutes related to ANSYS and projects related to it. Also the confidence and communication skills were tested as it was a TA job

Systems Administrative Vmware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

They call me for a positions opened in Italy for managing a Vmware infrastructure. The first they inform me about the salary range and suddently we start for a first step screening. After a day the manager in charge of Vmware consultant group call me back over the phone for about a 1 hour technical interview that I pass within problems. I wait for one week since they call me back for announcing they found someone cheaper.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some question from Vmware VSP Exam   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Met with 2 technical people. The Senior was reading some premade questions and they both generated questions based on what was on my resume. The technical interview lasted 35 minutes. There was supposed to be an HR interview beforehand, but the HR interview was cancelled and rescheduled to be the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• What is the software development cycle?
      Difference between Push vs Pull in mobile development?
      How would you make something scalable?

Applications Support Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter who forwarded my application to TCS. TCS was hiring on behalf of PNC bank. It was a webex interview. The questions were fast paced. Sometimes I could not hear the question clearly.

Interview Questions

• What is a Web Service?
      Do you know Unix?
      SQL select query
      What is your experience with SoapUI?

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Storrs, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

They contacted me after the career fair in school. Scheduled a skype interview, but due to recruiter's technical problems, did an over the Phone Interview instead. One general one, and one technical.

Interview Questions

• One of the technical question was about reynolds number.   Answer Question

Recruiting Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The organization identified my resume from a resume database. I was contacted by a recruiter that works for Tata off site. I had an hour long telephone interview with the off site (internal) recruiter. She explained the role as a newly created position in a heavily matrixed environment working on very manual systems; however, in describing the opportunity it sounded like an exciting prospect to be able to build something and join the organization in a newly created role. The recruiter was very professional and really piqued my interest in the opportunity and the organization. I then proceeded to the "In office" interview stage with the Manager - Reporting and Data Analytics, Practice Coordinator and Managing Partner of the Consulting Practice. I spent about an hour with the Manager and Practice Coordinator and about 45 minutes to an hour with the Managing Partner. There was a lot of discussion about the company itself but not about the expectations or deliverables.

Interview Questions

• The initial phone conversation with the internal off site recruiter was very positive. She clearly enjoys her role and the organization and that added to the excitement of speaking to the team for the in person interview. We talked for over an hour and I was left with a positive impression about the opportunity going forward to the next step.

Unfortunately, the on site experience was not as positive. Lots of questions about working on Excel and (presumably) outdated or not properly configured systems that don't necessarily talk to each other. How involved were you in any kind of ATS or HRIS implementation/requirement gathering for a new system? They have decided on a new system but have not implemented yet. Could you handle this with minimal support.

A lot of questions and discussion about working on manual systems and providing fast accurate results despite not having the tools. What is your approach given that situation etc. Questions about gaining consensus with groups or individuals that don't necessarily want to partner and working in a matrix reporting structure. Questions about relationship development (again with those that might not be especially keen on partnering) and working with individuals from other/varied cultures.

Very small office with 6 or so people. My impression was the team was very intimidated by the local leadership with whom I met. The impression I had was the small team was walking on eggshells abd there was a nervous energy when discussing working with local leadership.

What exactly they wanted done was very vague. I did not get straightforward answers to my questions about performance measurement, specific expectations, what success looks like at 30, 60, 90 days. I would also note that one interviewer in particular was a bit rude. I said I was looking forward to hearing more about the role and he answered "That's obvious." Interviewer also consistently checked his watch especially when I asked questions about specifics regarding the role.