Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.6

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

You will go through the three interview process. One technology round then one project management round then HR round. So total 3 round....
2 technical
1 HR
Then you will have to wait for a week to get call from hr.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Interview

Campus interview. One face-face interview. Some OOP questions. Also there were questions related to electrical engineering. Interview lasted for about 20 minutes. The interviewer was not that enthusiastic. Some questions were from other department courses I took in my first year. Finally, there was a question about difference between arrays and structures.

Interview Questions

• Asked about some of my first-year courses - Civil, mechanical etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (India, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

good process and structured process done properly in a well planned manner.
    technical interview was followed by a managerial and then HR round. HR round was very easy and was just a formality done. need to prepare for technical round nicely.

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2013.

Interview

It was smooth and the interviewer was very friendly. Not many difficult questions. Questions were straight forward and din't have to stress my mind much. Actually, 4 people interviewed me together and they shot questions from different aspects. But, they are there to help me in the interview

Interview Questions

• Not much actually. explain SDLS, alpha beta testing and few sql questions   Answer Question

I had to do Masters

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2012.

Interview

Overall it was a good process. Only a limited folks were hired. It was an pool campus interview where only students from a selected colleges were invited. After an aptitude check online written round, a technical round was conducted asking students questions from the domain they want to be interviewed. Later a managerial round followed checking general smartness of the candidate and finally a HR round. Only good candidates were hired. Out of some 1800 aspirants only 20 were hired.

Interview Questions

• Programs in C language and basic coding aptitude   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations can be made.

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

3 rounds are there in interview mostly but it depends on your panel and performance also
    Technical(depends on panel)
    HR(friendly)
    HR(If you are here, it 90% confirmed)
    It takes 3 days. first day- Presentation of the company
    second day- aptitude test
    third-interviews if you qualify the aptiitude test.

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhilai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bhilai (India)).

Interview

I was being interviewed on college itself, so it was a fresher interview, and they asked me about the microprocessor diagrams, since I was from electronics and telecommunication branch, and they asked few questions to me from C also.

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Interview

There was a preliminary test for selecting candidates, which was based on basic math, reasoning and logical questions. Interview included Technical interview, HR interview. Overall, the interview was fairly easy.

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Panel interview. Usually 2 people.
    Multiple rounds of interview. Test, Tech interview, HR interview, Senior person interview.
    Polite and friendly.
    More a requirement of culture-fit.
    Ability to learn things and problem-solving.
    Focus on academic achievements and institution.
    Professional certifications definitely help a lot.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented programming concepts - Abstraction, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Encapsulation.
      Design patterns.
      Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Coimbatore (India)).

Interview

Very easy. Aptitude test was first. Very basic questions. Many people prepared. I did not. It was basically common sense questions. After that was the technical interview. Mine was very easy. Was asked to write a very simple program. Then general questions were asked.