Tata Consultancy Services Computer Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Computer Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (State College, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was offered the interview opportunity a day before through a Engineering Career Fair. On the day of the interview I was first questioned about some of the extracurricular activities/positions I took, and also a few question on hypothetical scenarios directed towards personality. Next the second interviewer started asking me more technical questions regarding cloud and Iot devices. This incorporated experiences from my internship and also knowledge I gained from additive manufacturing, which Tata is also very interested in.

Interview Questions

Interview

Excellent interview! Very informative about the position and company. Answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a difficult question. Didn't try to catch you up with the standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ongoing

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

There were some basic questions, but difficult to understand due to their broken English. Difficult to answer questions at times due to nuances of English technical terminology.
    It may have been easy, because of my experience level, and the lack of 'industry-hands-on' experience of the 'foreign' interviewers.
    Sorry for the negative tone. It was not a good experience at all. I was not prepared for the 'culture shock' I experience here in my own country.
    The bureaucracy was palatable... and more than frustrating. Get out while you can.

Interview Questions

• The typical "tell me about a time, you had to do this or that, and it was very difficult. What did you do? What were the results.   1 Answer

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Noida (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was lil hectic ,took a complete day.Technical ,MR and HR Round at a stretch.
    Each interview lasted for about 20 minutes .

If u are going through code Vita then u must be ready to explain ur code .

Interview Questions

• Questions asked from the subjects that include data structure, OS,Dbms for fresher   Answer Question

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview took place on the second day. The first day comprised of aptitude. The shortlisted candidates called on the second day were to appear in front of panel consisting of seniors who asked questions mostly related to the subject you majored. It could last from 15 mins to an hour depending on the interviewers keenness to examine you. The results are declared the same day.

Interview Questions

• For a mechanical engineering graduate
      1. Laws of thermodynamics
      2. Elaboration of diesel cycle
      3. Basic c programming
      4. Some recursive functions
      Answer Question

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Coimbatore (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The whole process is having 3 rounds. Firstly, a written test which consists of aptitude and verbal questions. Elimination will be done based on company's cutoff mark and then qualified members are forwarded to technical interview and again based on elimination process remaining will be sent to HR round where they will ask about your personal details.

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The technical interview was quite an experience. Was asked basic networking questions and they checked my attitude and aptitude in the technical interview itself. HR interview was a mere formality and lasted only 5 minutes.

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New Delhi (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Firsty we go through an aptitude test. The test is quite easy. After that the technical interview. In technical interview Java questions about interfacing and constructors and other core java topics. Advanced java topics are not asked though

Interview Questions

• What are your qualities as an engg.?
      how do you see youself in coming 10 years.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Process took 2 days. Aptitude exam on first day. it was avg - above avg type. Refer open seasane for model qst.
    The next day 3 rounds of interview
    1) Technical : Self intro, Area of interest, C, C++, Mini project, 8085(EC students)
    2) Managerial : Self intro, why TCS, Higher studies, Maybe discuss about ur performance in technical, activities in college.
    3) HR : Self intro, activities, clubs etc in college, Why TCS, Tell something abt u from outside the resume.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was a compass placement. We have all the three level interviews in one go. Very easy to crack it. Need the basic knowledge for it. Be good at PL/SQL and Core Java concepts. You can go through basic interview Questions from any site.

Interview Questions

• Some of them are difficult depending on the interview.   Answer Question