Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017
5,260 Interview Reviews

2.7

Human Resources Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)).

Interview

I have attend the interview process for HR. Over all I am having a 2.8 years of experience in HR. I am having a well statutory and recruitment field experience.

Have attended the interview process in TCS for HR position for recruitment and Generalist role. 5 people are selected to the final level interview including me.

From the beginning I fulfilled the interviewer satisfaction by questions, recruitment strategy, scenerio and tricky technical questions.

At the last moment only interviewer has told me that TCS not take MBA correspondence students.

Actually I done MBA with full time pure corporate HR relevance.

TCS is the kind of dream organisation of everyone in India.

Even I told HR that, am ready to working as a domestic IT recruiter atleast. But they told only about my MBA.

2nd thing is:

I update my profile in TCS career portal in 2014 June. But till now (Mar 2017), I didn't get any relevant job mail or call from TCS HR people.

I think TCS took MBA full time people and they eat mixture I believe. Because they have multiple recruiters, but what is the use?

I Understood recruiters are continuously recruiting people from job boards and vendors.

If they're using career portal, definitely management cost will be reduced one.

Worst interview ever. Even they mail me from Naukri not TCS portal.

What is the use of TCS fresher and experience portal? Whenever we contacted TCS HR people through LinkedIn, showing the kind of attitude because they're from reputed organisation.

TCS has spent lot of costs to vendor for recruitment (India), but TCS never believe people like who done the HR PG graduates in correspondence.

Generally vendors are short term period, but they have good contact with them more than 3 years. Instead of using vendors for recruitment of they are hired HR people, cost would be not more than 5 lakhs per year.

Here I am not advice or blame TCS, don't hurt HR people who have done MBA in correspondence, if u people not Take Na pls don't intimate.

Maybe we have a great knowledge more than your current HR people. We are all coming from the very down line. Don't hurt people like using words "correspondence"

Use TCS career portal, frm 2014 to till now (mar 2017) I didn't receive any call. But I so active.

Excuses if my words was wrong.

Interview Questions

• What's the recruitment strategy, how many job portals your using and why?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panvel (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Panvel (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

The Rounds were as below:
    > 2 Technical Rounds > Technical questions and general industry methodologies
    > 2 Managerial Rounds > General managerial questions to gauge the employees self and team management skills
    > 1 HR Round for discussing salary package and benefits

1 Managerial retaken as the project I was shortlisted for didn't have requirement.

Interview Questions

• Technical Knowledge and General view on today's political scenario.   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Went for walkin interview Vydehi Bangalore. It was 2 round technical interview about Windows VMware, Backup and one HR round. I was having 5 years of exp at the time of giving interview and was working in Capgemini as VMware Consultant. Almost 700 -800 came for the interview for different technology. Got the offer in 1 week for IT-A, C2 band.

Interview Questions

• vMotion - pre request and background process, HA, DRS, DPM, Thin and Thick Provisioning,
      Difference b/w vmotion and svmotion, HA and VMotion. ESXi, 5.5,6.0.
      what is netbios, vmtools,netlogin in AD, lingering, BSOD, PSOD and troubleshooting.
      many scenario questions in VCenter, backup, snapshot, template.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I was having Capgemini Brand and VCP6-DCV Certification. With that I negotiate my salary. They gave me salary as per company standard.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopa (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bhopa (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus.
    First was the written test- quantitative and email writing
    Interview process had 3 rounds- Technical, Managerial and HR
    The interview was pretty easy and basic technical questions related to java and college projects were asked, rest in managerial and HR it was more of a conversation than interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gur Gram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Gur Gram (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

the process took several weeks.i applied through college/university.i went to the recruitment place on time.i maintained properly and well prepared.process such a little bit good i found.either we can apply online on tcs site or through college.

Interview Questions

• some basic questions from programming languages c c++ databes like.i answered passionatel. respect him properly.   1 Answer

ITA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pune (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• It was medium complex interview with few technical questions on core java, advance java, hibernate, strut and spring. It was asked to write hibernate mapping on paper. Management round was looking for long term employee.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Firstly you should write the online test conducted by TCS which consists of quantitative and logical questions. it's quite difficult if you are not prepared from last year papers. If you are shortlisted then you are almost 70% completed. Then it comes for the TR, MR, and HR which are all easy if you are confident and having good basic knowledge of your core subjects.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

They only wanted to know my inclination and general competence in Java. It was only an intern position and they called me once or twice to better get to know my education and current employment status. I once talked with the program head and once with the project leader. Both of them seemed to be concerned with how good I was at Java.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

it is easy to interviews in tcs so don't fear guys i am very happy in this profile
    most probably you must to know the java and core java basics also your communication skillls

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Nellore (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

First written test it was like 1:45 off pass percentage
    No written test for top 5 in the college
    First round was a technical interview on our engineering degree
    Second round is also a technical pannel
    Third round is a HR where they gauge our enthusiasm towards work

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to IT though i am a non-IT ;)
      But gauged the skill accurately
      Looks at the approach rather the solution
      1 Answer