Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017
6,213 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Interview process was easy and entire depends on the person who takes the interview. But easy to crack. Need some preparation and confidence to crack the interview. Once you get a call, almost 50% interview is done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult question for one who prepares.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Applied through university. First round was an online assessment to assess writing skills. Next round was a face to face interview with three interviewers.Basic questions were asked about DBMS and Java

Interview Questions

• Is Java really platform independent? I   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2017.

Interview

Got a employee referral, got a call from TCS to set up a technical interview. It was a 30 minute phone interview. Its been about a week and I haven't heard back yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Application: I met with them at a career fair which was being held at my school. After handing them my resume and talking to them for a bit, I was scheduled for a on campus interview the next day.

Interview Process: The interviewer mainly asked about Object Oriented Design and also about the projects I listed on my resume.

Currently waiting to hear back from them.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tacoma, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on the career fair at the University. On next day I got the invitation to the interview. The interview was pretty simple. Questions were basically about my resume, school's project, and basic Java concepts.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a campus placement where there was a first round aptitude test followed by technical round and HR round. For students with above GPA as they expect there wont be any aptitude test but the other rounds are compulsary

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I had a face to face interview on campus with a member of their HR and Development. Then had a phone interview that was a little more technical.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about object oriented programming(explain inheritance), basic questions about SQL (like what is a foreign key).   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Piscataway, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was clear and after few week they confirm me with confirmation with offer and friday HR called me by monday they will give offer letter. Then suddenly they told my vendor to wait for week then they set up another technical discussion. The guy who was taking my technical discussion he was forced to taek the discussion because his manager told him i was ready at 9 but i have to call that person who called me it was 9:20 pm and the guy came with bad mood and no hi how are you , like putting his hand on his head and having bad attitude .There were no respect shown from him and HR . The few days later I spoke with Hr was telling her the truth she did not hear me and hang up on me.HR was only trying to keep his team happy becasue at Jr level you need 0 to 2 years of expeirnce . And trying to make me dissappointed . There some people who dont want that some US citizen dont get this job remeber one thing god is watching everything . ALL APPLICANTS JUST WATCH OUT AND BE CAREFULL

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Edison, NJ).

Interview

Interview was with 2 developers. First they asked about any projects, then which programming languages I knew. I said java, so they asked lots of object oriented programming languages. Last interview was with HR, didn't really ask many questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 main principles of OOP?   1 Answer
    • Explain inheritance   2 Answers
    • Explain encapsulation   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between method overriding vs overloading   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I was asked to write the logic for 2 programs. They gave me ample time to write the code. After that they asked me some questions about my future plans.