Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017
5,821 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2017.

Interview

In my case, the process contains 2 phone interviews, one from HR and one technical interview from an engineer. I was asked various questions in a broad field of engineer in the technical interview. They are not hard but definitely vast.

Interview Questions

• General knowledge of PIN manipulation on embedded board.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Emailed my resume to the recruiter and she arranged the interview the first time which she missed. She sent a reschedule email 3 days later which she also missed. She called after I emailed to apologize and said she would consider that call as my behavioral interview. technical interview was two days later and I was offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• I don't even think I was asked any serious questions during both interviews. Both behavioral and technical asked me to talk about myself.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was fair. TCS asked valid behavioral questions for the first phone interview and technical questions on the second one. Also very helpful with letting you know the upcoming steps for your process.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

it was campus interview and very friendly casual process . it was campus interview and very friendly casual process. it was campus interview and very friendly casual process. it was campus interview and very friendly casual process.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for a contract position through a contractor. A phone interview and a skype interview was done. Got the decision the next day. It was a smooth and hassle free process but there was no scheduled interview. The time for phone interview was not fixed. Skype interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• What is a package in PL/SQL?   Answer Question
    • Write a query to find second highest salary.   Answer Question
    • Null Handling Functions in SQL and in Datastage   1 Answer
    • What is Decode Function?   Answer Question
    • Difference between grep and egrep.   Answer Question
    • I have duplicates in my source. How will i get unique entries in one file and duplicates in other file? Design a datastage job.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tacoma, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

This was part of a campus recruiting drive. I met with a recruiter on the career fair floor, scheduled an interview for the next day on the site, and waited 10 days for a response after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe SQL
      What are the main benefits of an object oriented language?
      Many questions about my role in past projects.   1 Answer

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Edison, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Face2Face interview, and was asked about mostly the questions were pretty much on most of the topics on my resume, got call back 2weeks later about the location change and set up a more technical round . HR got to me in days about the hiring process

Interview Questions

• mostly core java, spring, hibernate and databases   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through a campus jobs website. I was contacted for two phone interviews. The first one was with someone from HR and they asked generic questions about my schooling and areas of interest. The second interview was more of a technical interview.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Edison, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

got call fome recruiter, and they set up the time for it, and after about 3 week, recruiter tell me that i am select it, now i am a new member for the ILP in OH,

Interview Questions

• angular 1 question
      how to share data between different scope?

sql question
      return the second smallest data in the table   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The interview process was pretty streamlined. all interviews completed over the phone. 4 Phone interviews each with a different manager. Pretty professional and straightforward. The whole process spanned about 3 weeks in total before an offer was submitted.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage project? How do you handle unhappy customers?   Answer Question