Tata Consultancy Services Systems Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017
2,297 Interview Reviews

2.6

2,297 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

A written test was followed by a technical interview which then led to a HR round. The written test was basically an IQ test. The technical round was concerned with basic familiarity with engineering concepts. The HR round discussed personal priorities and explained the terms of employment. I accepted the offer but I did not join because I got an offer to pursue Masters in automotive engineering in USA

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Tata Consultancy Services   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Quant and Reasoning for written,PI for final selection,Describe yourself,Favourite subjects.It gets started early with the PPT about Tata group and then Online aptitude test is conducted,followed by the interview of those who got shortlisted.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me something about yourself.GRE Barron for Reasoning   1 Answer

Application

Interview

It was on campus hence pretty straight forward. I was one of the herd of students and they asked text book questions. Lasted for hardly 15 mins. Just stay calm and answer confidently - you should be able to clear it. Provided you are taking an on campus interview

Interview Questions

Interview

One round of technical and HR interview. Had questions on Servlets, JSP, Inheritance, polymorphism. And interviewer asked me to write a simple code on inheritance and checked what is overloading and overriding. And about extends keyword

Interview Questions

• Simple questions on Java, OOPS concepts   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process consisted of a technical screening followed by three rounds of interviews.
    The technical screening round basically consisted of coding and logic questions. The interviews were technical,HR and managerial.Overall ,pretty hassle free.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The Interview process took place in 3 rounds (or 2 rounds for some people). 2 rounds were Technical Interviews and one round was an HR interview. It was only 1 round of Technical Interview for some people.

Interview Questions

• They asked most people about the projects they have done.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

First round was a pure aptitude test and most of the students were able to clear it as we were given intensive training on aptitude.
    Second round was just an Interview and it was completely technical and they asked questions from my resume and also from my areas of interest in detail.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 3 round
    1.Technical
    2. Managerial
    3.HR

It was not easy to get through the tech and managerial rounds as they ask you about anything and everything from the bachelors degree.
    I cleared everything pretty easily as i was a code geek they asked me to write 5 programs in 5 mins.The programs are pretty much easy and i took only 3 mins.
    The managerial round was the only thing that i felt a bit tough just because we never experienced anything like that before.
    I will share one of HR question..I told my Hobby as Painting and Sketching ..the question goes as follows...

Interview Questions

• Draw / Sketch a picture that depicts you in just 2 mins??   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Three level of interview process.
    Technical - was very difficult and very detailed, they asked me about C programming and some mehcanical questions.
    HR - Very clear and gave suggestions for improvement on the things that I lacked.
    Management - generic question like why TCS? Why not Infosys etc

Application

Interview

it is basically a single round interview with all the rounds. and asked about database design. They also asked about team management questions. There are three people in the panel asking about different types of questions.

Interview Questions

• how to avoid redundancy in database without any schema constraints, use any sql command   Answer Question