Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017
6,210 Interview Reviews

2.7

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy interview time line. Four rounds of interview and it takes a month and so.
    I had 3 interviews and never heard from them about the fourth interview. When i emailed him he said he is looking for someone to interview me.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions were standard. and asked my favorite language   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Edison, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

at interview day you need to refill a paper application even if you already did online. then there was 2 round of interview technical and human resource which both was fairly easy

Interview Questions

• What is Collections ?
      Where is inheritance? How did you apply in your programs?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I had interview in their Campus Commune Walk in interview. There were 2 round of interviews. Technical Interview was pretty long compare to HR interview. Two interviewer asked about SQL, Java, OOP, Current technologies, Software development.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Only an Interview, nothing much. test for people with less than 7.5 GPA
    Simple questions, very straightforward.
    The decision was provided within a day. Was part of a mass recruitment. Training was help in the identified ILP centers.

Application

Interview

Couple of rounds as a part of Interview process. First round is aptitude and second round is face to face Interview where you will be asked technical questions. It pretty straight forward and simple. Just a normal Interview process as usual

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (West Lafayette, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about a position and upon finding out my major did not fit that position, forwarded my resume to another recruiter. The interview was a screening process to see how I would behave within the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a team project you worked on in one of your classes. What challenges did you encounter while working with your teammate(s) on the project? How did you overcome them? What would you have done differently if you were to complete the same project today?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2017.

Interview

They asked some basic questions on some of the projects I had worked on in the past and asked to describe how they work. They then asked logic questions to test my critical thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum amount of pieces you can cut a pie into using only four straight cuts?   1 Answer

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2017.

Interview

I received an inmail on linkedin from an official TCS recruiter. I replied to all his questions in a timely fashion, however, received his delayed responses at 2-3 days gaps. I believe that he was not interested in the recruitment to begin with.
    Its been a week since his last response. Apparently, I've noticed that he had stopped replying once he learned, after a phone interview with me, that I am an F1 student and will be available to work on OPT.
    So, in conclusion, they are looking for GC and US citizens only.
    International students, don't bother wasting your time and patience on Indian companies in US as they have abused their power to H1B intake and can no longer sponsor you.
    Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for the walk-in interview?
      What is you work auth. status?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

In my case, the process contains 2 phone interviews, one from HR and one technical interview from an engineer. I was asked various questions in a broad field of engineer in the technical interview. They are not hard but definitely vast.

Interview Questions

• General knowledge of PIN manipulation on embedded board.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Emailed my resume to the recruiter and she arranged the interview the first time which she missed. She sent a reschedule email 3 days later which she also missed. She called after I emailed to apologize and said she would consider that call as my behavioral interview. technical interview was two days later and I was offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• I don't even think I was asked any serious questions during both interviews. Both behavioral and technical asked me to talk about myself.   2 Answers