Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
5,624 Interview Reviews

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

On-campus interviews were conducted. First round had aptitude and technical questions with specific questions on Machine Learning and Big Data technologies. In the second round, HR and technical team members asked questions about relevant experience and projects that I had worked on. Results were announced later that day.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging project you have worked on.   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Interview

The total rounds were three , first phonic, second -third face to face. Panel of three hiring managers who were pretty good. Technical questions started from the basics, covered the projects and concepts I have worked on, where am I comfortable, how good am I at learning new things and so on.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The interview process was easy and good. Once i got selected they took almost 7 months to issue joining date, which was really bad. They need to streamline and shortened the process which will save others from being waiting for longtime.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. The interview was really dry and negative, interviewers had really unpleasant attitude. They asked about my background and courses I've taken and some technical questions. After that, I was directed to another room with 2 other managers for almost half an hour. Those people were just staring at their computers and not saying anything. It was the strangest interview I have ever done.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2016.

Interview

initially interviewed by TCS employees and then interviewed by client employees. there would be 1 or 2 rounds of interviews. The interview is fairly easy, most theoretical kind of questions. If you are a java developer, study the core java concepts. This is the most important place where you will be weighted.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to microservices and previous difficulties faced   1 Answer
    • Core Java questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

na

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (College, AK) in September 2016.

Interview

I had appeared for the company through the campus interview process. All the communications were managed by the college placement cell. Even TCS kept in contact through regular mails.
    Went through Aptitude test, Technical Interview and HR interview.
    Aptitude test comprised of technical and general aptitude questions.
    Technical interviewer asked about the projects that I had undertaken throughout the engineering course.
    HR explained the company policies and asked if I was ready to accept those terms along with the question " Why should I hire you?".

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Complete resume walk through. Interview questions are concentrated on your earlier projects and work. There will be a initial screening test. Then a panel of 3-4 member will interview face to face. Interview will be both technical and behavioral.

Recruiting Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The organization identified my resume from a resume database. I was contacted by a recruiter that works for Tata off site. I had an hour long telephone interview with the off site (internal) recruiter. She explained the role as a newly created position in a heavily matrixed environment working on very manual systems; however, in describing the opportunity it sounded like an exciting prospect to be able to build something and join the organization in a newly created role. The recruiter was very professional and really piqued my interest in the opportunity and the organization. I then proceeded to the "In office" interview stage with the Manager - Reporting and Data Analytics, Practice Coordinator and Managing Partner of the Consulting Practice. I spent about an hour with the Manager and Practice Coordinator and about 45 minutes to an hour with the Managing Partner. There was a lot of discussion about the company itself but not about the expectations or deliverables.

Interview Questions

• The initial phone conversation with the internal off site recruiter was very positive. She clearly enjoys her role and the organization and that added to the excitement of speaking to the team for the in person interview. We talked for over an hour and I was left with a positive impression about the opportunity going forward to the next step.

Unfortunately, the on site experience was not as positive. Lots of questions about working on Excel and (presumably) outdated or not properly configured systems that don't necessarily talk to each other. How involved were you in any kind of ATS or HRIS implementation/requirement gathering for a new system? They have decided on a new system but have not implemented yet. Could you handle this with minimal support.

A lot of questions and discussion about working on manual systems and providing fast accurate results despite not having the tools. What is your approach given that situation etc. Questions about gaining consensus with groups or individuals that don't necessarily want to partner and working in a matrix reporting structure. Questions about relationship development (again with those that might not be especially keen on partnering) and working with individuals from other/varied cultures.

Very small office with 6 or so people. My impression was the team was very intimidated by the local leadership with whom I met. The impression I had was the small team was walking on eggshells abd there was a nervous energy when discussing working with local leadership.

What exactly they wanted done was very vague. I did not get straightforward answers to my questions about performance measurement, specific expectations, what success looks like at 30, 60, 90 days. I would also note that one interviewer in particular was a bit rude. I said I was looking forward to hearing more about the role and he answered "That's obvious." Interviewer also consistently checked his watch especially when I asked questions about specifics regarding the role.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Redmond, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was one person and very casual. No deep questions just coaching for the second interview. Second time involved more PM questions than management. Odd as there is no project management in the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Pre-screening. Had a 15-20 minute talk with my future project manager to assess my skills
    Step 2: Interviews. Two coding interviews with two different engineers from the team. Phone/Skype + Collabedit. My questions were focused on multi-threading.
    Step 3: Post-interview. 15-20 minute talk with my future project manager with a diggest from the interviews and a proposal, then a few other talks with the HR with the proposal and documents.

Total time for the process was about one week.