Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Mumbai | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Mumbai

Updated May 20, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an walk in email from Naukri.com, Since it was week day around 40 people came for interview process.

Interview was for experienced professional in manual software testing for Banking domain.

3 Rounds of Interview

1. HR
    2. Aptitude
    3. Technical & Manager round.

Interview Questions

• HR Round
      1. About your self
      1. Grammar
      2. Logical
      3. Calculations
      1 Answer
    • Technical & Manager round.

Technical Q
      1. Explain your work in Banking domain.
      1. What is Loan process.
      2. What is the process after loan get sanctioned.

Technical That's it.

Manger Q
      1. What is RTM?
      2. What are the artifacts for Testing
      3. What are the QC tabs you have worked in?
      4. What is burn down chat?
      5. What is Performance testing

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Good. HR were very friendly and they were creating good atmosphere as lower the candidates pressure.Rest is all good.
    There was one managerial round where they were checking your out of box thinking. They told to perform some activity.
    Professional behavior and professional attitude should be must
    And above all you must willing to learn.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Non-tech background :

Relatively easy interview if you are from non-tech background .
    Would just ask some basic logical questions of array sorting , pattern .
    Majorly your attitude and approach towards a task is important for them .
    Your field related basics should be clear , your final year project would definitely leave a mark .

Tech background:

Little high expectations from you . Domain related knowledge should be clear .
    Don't bluff if you don't know as mostly you might feel that the interviewer looks dumb , but they fortunately are trained to take interviews and have answers to the technical questions they ask ,it's not a random question .
    Your values would be checked more as TCS believed in having clean values .

Cracking the interview is not a headache . So just be confident, intent of approaching to solutions , important to the good values in the industry . This should surely get you an offer letter

Interview Questions

• Array sorting .
      Linked list.
      C++
      Shell script .
      COBOL advantages .
      What is a framework.

Patterns display like (for non-tech )
      *****
      ****
      ***

Do ,dowhile ,for
      If else
      JavaScript vs jQuery

Don't worry . You will not be asked everything from this , one or two questions on technical stuff if you are from non-tech background .

If you are from tech background , make sure your basics are clear . Basics would be the stuff they would ask more to you . Explain the application of your final year project with detail to show your intent and approach.
      Answer Question

Junior Process Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Face to face interview by Operations manager in 2006. They were recruiting fresher so no tough questions asked. Just checking the willingness to wok in rotational shifts. Checking communication skills. Was asked to explain how I reached office that particular day from start (i.e my home).

Interview Questions

• Written test which includes arithmetic, English and analytical thinking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

TCS have a day long process wherein they conduct 3 round of interview but before that you have to clear their aptitude test which comprises of 2 section a) Quant b) Email Writing . You have to pass separately in both the test . there is no particular cutoff but you need to clear a passing threshold .

As I mentioned there are 3 interviews
    a) Technical
    b) managerial + Technical
    c) HR

All are elimination interview .
    You reach HR you have fair chances of getting placed with TCS . ( But I Failed the last one )

Interview Questions

• Q. About yourself
      Q. Pricing Strategy
      Q. How IT industry do marketing
      Q. If in India TCS has to grow what it should do .
      Q. About my experience
      Q. How you will optimise ERP
      Q. What is JIO doing in market
      and some other
      1 Answer
    • They will always ask you to ask some question in the End .
      My response always ask about future of the position in TCS
      But I asked about Location and thus got rejected .
      Learning : Ask a valid question and do ask .

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Process lasted for two days -
    Aptitude test - difficult
    Letter writing - normal
    Operational round - Stress Interview
    Technical Round - difficult
    Human resources round - Normal

Make sure you are fresh whole day and ready to give stress interview. Your documents should be with you. Be thorough with your resume and linkedin Profile.

Application

Interview

Single interview comprising of Technical managerial and hr questions conducted by two panelists. They ask about you n then scan through your resumes. Questions about internship should be expected. they might ask trick questions etc.

Interview Questions

• BCG MATRIX, Positioning what are your weaknesses, mistakes in the past.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Initially there was an aptitude test. Whoever cleared that round got an email after 3 weeks asking to attend the further rounds. We had Technical, managerial and hr rounds on the same day and finally we got the result after 3 weeks.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It was hectic day.it was walkin process i reached at 10.30 for interview but my technical interview was taken at 3. Then managerial round n then hr round.so finally it was good that i got selected my technical round was for half hour .

Interview Questions

• Asking about what you have written in your cv.update fm module,smartforms,reports,alv,alv using oops n etc   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The aptitude this year was a difficult score.
    It usually comes as a mass recruitment company within the campus. But however to the institutes surprise . TCS conducted a joint campus at some other third party place for their aptitude round required for their placement this year and this place was in powai. Normally in a college as a whole they take minimum 50 candidates. But since it was a joint campus there was an increase in the competition and to increase the bar to reduce the intake. The aptitude was a tough one to clear. Many colleges have received bad numbers.
    Aptitude had questions of geometry, age , relationships, profit and loss , percentages combined with work and time . I sincerely request all the candidates to prepare well. Campus gate is the best resource to pass through the aptitude test.Also after getting through the aptitude, the interviews were conducted at the office.

Interview Questions

• For my friends who cleared the difficult aptitude there were questions on C , Java and basic php   Answer Question