Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 29, 2017

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

They had 2 round of interviews - Aptitude test and Personal Interview
    The new programming test was glitch-prone and the server used to crash. Would also require better time management by the hr team

Interview Questions

• Talk to us on your technical strengths   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Couple of rounds as a part of Interview process. First round is aptitude and second round is face to face Interview where you will be asked technical questions. It pretty straight forward and simple. Just a normal Interview process as usual

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

all went fine but not selected
    all went fine but not selected
    all went fine but not selectedall went fine but not selectedall went fine but not selectedall went fine but not selectedall went fine but not selectedall went fine but not selected

ERP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thane (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Thane (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview - technical, managerial and HR with elimination at each round after an aptitude test which consisted of an email writing and questions on quant.
    Fair and a day long process.
    Be calm and composed during your interview. They do check your patience and nervousness by asking the same questions again and again.
    Content, confidence and communication skills is the key.

PS: You get really good food there :P

Interview Questions

• What is TCS? What is the customer and market segment of TCS? Have you ever used any statistical tools? What are your strengths? What are your short term and long term goals? Questions regarding my Summer Internship and my previous job.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

TCS have a day long process wherein they conduct 3 round of interview but before that you have to clear their aptitude test which comprises of 2 section a) Quant b) Email Writing . You have to pass separately in both the test . there is no particular cutoff but you need to clear a passing threshold .

As I mentioned there are 3 interviews
    a) Technical
    b) managerial + Technical
    c) HR

All are elimination interview .
    You reach HR you have fair chances of getting placed with TCS . ( But I Failed the last one )

Interview Questions

• Q. About yourself
      Q. Pricing Strategy
      Q. How IT industry do marketing
      Q. If in India TCS has to grow what it should do .
      Q. About my experience
      Q. How you will optimise ERP
      Q. What is JIO doing in market
      and some other   1 Answer
    • They will always ask you to ask some question in the End .
      My response always ask about future of the position in TCS
      But I asked about Location and thus got rejected .
      Learning : Ask a valid question and do ask .   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Single interview comprising of Technical managerial and hr questions conducted by two panelists. They ask about you n then scan through your resumes. Questions about internship should be expected. they might ask trick questions etc.

Interview Questions

• BCG MATRIX, Positioning what are your weaknesses, mistakes in the past.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Initially there was an aptitude test. Whoever cleared that round got an email after 3 weeks asking to attend the further rounds. We had Technical, managerial and hr rounds on the same day and finally we got the result after 3 weeks.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The aptitude this year was a difficult score.
    It usually comes as a mass recruitment company within the campus. But however to the institutes surprise . TCS conducted a joint campus at some other third party place for their aptitude round required for their placement this year and this place was in powai. Normally in a college as a whole they take minimum 50 candidates. But since it was a joint campus there was an increase in the competition and to increase the bar to reduce the intake. The aptitude was a tough one to clear. Many colleges have received bad numbers.
    Aptitude had questions of geometry, age , relationships, profit and loss , percentages combined with work and time . I sincerely request all the candidates to prepare well. Campus gate is the best resource to pass through the aptitude test.Also after getting through the aptitude, the interviews were conducted at the office.

Interview Questions

• For my friends who cleared the difficult aptitude there were questions on C , Java and basic php   Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

4 rounds:
    aptitude
    Technical,mangement and Human resources
    aptitude: basic stuff, can use standard books and 20-30 days to master the questions.
    Technical: well, it depends on the panel.To be honest,my experience was quite horrible, and therefore I wasn't able to advance.
    Even after my Technical round was over by 12:00pm, I wasn't informed whether I had cleared the round.Even till 8:00 pm at night, it wasn't clear whether I had cleared the round. Total Chaos,no transparency.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Selection procedure is just difficult, If you are a fresher. But don’t worry and don’t lose your confidence level. If you perform your best, you can achieve your goal of success in this interview. Let us see the pattern, your academics record should be cool. For Engineering & or any other U.G degrees candidate must have a 6.5 or 65% in overall. Students should not have standing arrears. Sometimes they will call the “NO HISTORY OF ARREARS” candidates. And candidate’s 10th and 12th marks should be in minimum of 60%.