Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

Updated Jan 26, 2017

3.1

ERP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thane (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Thane (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview - technical, managerial and HR with elimination at each round after an aptitude test which consisted of an email writing and questions on quant.
    Fair and a day long process.
    Be calm and composed during your interview. They do check your patience and nervousness by asking the same questions again and again.
    Content, confidence and communication skills is the key.

PS: You get really good food there :P

Interview Questions

• What is TCS? What is the customer and market segment of TCS? Have you ever used any statistical tools? What are your strengths? What are your short term and long term goals? Questions regarding my Summer Internship and my previous job.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

TCS have a day long process wherein they conduct 3 round of interview but before that you have to clear their aptitude test which comprises of 2 section a) Quant b) Email Writing . You have to pass separately in both the test . there is no particular cutoff but you need to clear a passing threshold .

As I mentioned there are 3 interviews
    a) Technical
    b) managerial + Technical
    c) HR

All are elimination interview .
    You reach HR you have fair chances of getting placed with TCS . ( But I Failed the last one )

Interview Questions

• Q. About yourself
      Q. Pricing Strategy
      Q. How IT industry do marketing
      Q. If in India TCS has to grow what it should do .
      Q. About my experience
      Q. How you will optimise ERP
      Q. What is JIO doing in market
      and some other
      1 Answer
    • They will always ask you to ask some question in the End .
      My response always ask about future of the position in TCS
      But I asked about Location and thus got rejected .
      Learning : Ask a valid question and do ask .
      1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Single interview comprising of Technical managerial and hr questions conducted by two panelists. They ask about you n then scan through your resumes. Questions about internship should be expected. they might ask trick questions etc.

Interview Questions

• BCG MATRIX, Positioning what are your weaknesses, mistakes in the past.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Initially there was an aptitude test. Whoever cleared that round got an email after 3 weeks asking to attend the further rounds. We had Technical, managerial and hr rounds on the same day and finally we got the result after 3 weeks.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The aptitude this year was a difficult score.
    It usually comes as a mass recruitment company within the campus. But however to the institutes surprise . TCS conducted a joint campus at some other third party place for their aptitude round required for their placement this year and this place was in powai. Normally in a college as a whole they take minimum 50 candidates. But since it was a joint campus there was an increase in the competition and to increase the bar to reduce the intake. The aptitude was a tough one to clear. Many colleges have received bad numbers.
    Aptitude had questions of geometry, age , relationships, profit and loss , percentages combined with work and time . I sincerely request all the candidates to prepare well. Campus gate is the best resource to pass through the aptitude test.Also after getting through the aptitude, the interviews were conducted at the office.

Interview Questions

• For my friends who cleared the difficult aptitude there were questions on C , Java and basic php   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was aptitude of 2 rounds 1. General aptitude and 2. Email Writing.
    Those who had cleared TCS Codevita had no apti and direct interviews. People with GPA above 7 had only email writing.
    The interview was tough for me as when asked about preferred language I mentioned Java but questions on Data structures were asked. The interview was scheduled in evening so they were not that interested to take the interview. Study well about who is founder of tcs, total ofcs and employees all history of tcs. They made people wait for no reason even though knew that they are rejecting those. People whose interviews got over in morning had to wait till late night and it was a sunday!

Interview Questions

• To find cycles and intersection among linkedlist, Multithreading   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very good
    TCS Eligibility:

For TCS, your academics record should be cool. For Engineering & MCA or any other U.G degrees candidate must have a 6.5 CGPA or 65% in overall. Students should not have standing arrears. Sometimes they will call the “NO HISTORY OF ARREARS” candidates. And candidate’s 10th and 12th marks should be in minimum of 60%.

Recommended Reading: Learn English Quickly
    Degrees Allowed:

All U.G & P.G degrees that are related to Computer is allowed for TCS placement interview. Especially in engineering stream,

B.E Computer Science,
    B.E Information Technology / B.Tech IT
    BE ECE – Electronics and Communication Engineering.
    In Arts & Science stream,

Consulting,
    BPO services
    [Read: Software Company List] & [Aptitude online portal]

Written Test procedure:

In this section, eligible students are asked to write an exam which is conducted by TCS representatives. Each student gets the different questions, but as of the same pattern and type. The time duration will be 1:30 hours. Few sections are including,

VERBAL – Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence completion & passage writing [Duration: 20mins – 30 questions – Refer Barron’s GRE]
    Aptitude – Quantitative and Logical reasoning [Duration: 40 minutes- 45 questions – Refer: Old TCS questions]
    Analytical – Critical Reasoning [Duration: 30 minutes – 12 questions- Refer Barron’s GRE]
    Related: IT Related Studies Abroad

Technical interview procedure:

This section is totally based on face-to-face interview. Most of the students were rejected from this interview.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process had total 4 rounds
    First round was Aptitude test
    Second round was Technical Round where general questions + questions based on project were asked
    Third round was MR round where they check how much you fit into the Company
    Fourth round was HR round to get to know you as a person

Interview Questions

• Explain Your project in detail   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with 2 technical people. The Senior was reading some premade questions and they both generated questions based on what was on my resume. The technical interview lasted 35 minutes. There was supposed to be an HR interview beforehand, but the HR interview was cancelled and rescheduled to be the 2nd round.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The recruitment process consisted of 4 rounds: aptitude,technical interview, Mr,HR . The aptitude test consisted of email writing also besides the basic aptitude questions.Use of calculators was allowed. The aptitude questions were not that difficult. Technical round was mostly focussed on your stream .if you are not from cs,it then questions on your final project are asked and about your basic subjects

Interview Questions

• They will definitely ask you are you ready to relocate...   1 Answer