Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.8

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The aptitude this year was a difficult score.
    It usually comes as a mass recruitment company within the campus. But however to the institutes surprise . TCS conducted a joint campus at some other third party place for their aptitude round required for their placement this year and this place was in powai. Normally in a college as a whole they take minimum 50 candidates. But since it was a joint campus there was an increase in the competition and to increase the bar to reduce the intake. The aptitude was a tough one to clear. Many colleges have received bad numbers.
    Aptitude had questions of geometry, age , relationships, profit and loss , percentages combined with work and time . I sincerely request all the candidates to prepare well. Campus gate is the best resource to pass through the aptitude test.Also after getting through the aptitude, the interviews were conducted at the office.

Interview Questions

• For my friends who cleared the difficult aptitude there were questions on C , Java and basic php   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The questions asked were good. There was a written round followed by an interview by a panel of people. The questions asked by the panel were tough and there were some questions related to a presence of mind. Overall the interview is easy to crack if you have solved earlier years dumps.

Interview Questions

• Had multiple rounds for interview. First HR and Group Discussion round, Two levels of Technical round and One stress interview.
      Can not tell all the questions and answers of my interview
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

4 rounds:
    aptitude
    Technical,mangement and Human resources
    aptitude: basic stuff, can use standard books and 20-30 days to master the questions.
    Technical: well, it depends on the panel.To be honest,my experience was quite horrible, and therefore I wasn't able to advance.
    Even after my Technical round was over by 12:00pm, I wasn't informed whether I had cleared the round.Even till 8:00 pm at night, it wasn't clear whether I had cleared the round. Total Chaos,no transparency.

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

Interview

Selection procedure is just difficult, If you are a fresher. But don’t worry and don’t lose your confidence level. If you perform your best, you can achieve your goal of success in this interview. Let us see the pattern, your academics record should be cool. For Engineering & or any other U.G degrees candidate must have a 6.5 or 65% in overall. Students should not have standing arrears. Sometimes they will call the “NO HISTORY OF ARREARS” candidates. And candidate’s 10th and 12th marks should be in minimum of 60%.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It started with an aptitude test. LOD was moderate with negative marking.
    Around 50% were shortlisted from Aptitude round and had to go through technical and HR interview.
    Technical consisted of basic DBMS concepts and Projects mentioned in my resume.
    HR consisted of generic questions like your strengths and weaknesses etc.

Msds Author Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

there are 3 rounds Aptitutde, HR and Operations, there was urgent requirement so our rounds were finieshed in 1 day itself. it took around 6.5 hrs to complete all the 3 rounds. Post selection had to go in to submit documents.

Interview Questions

• HR round - basic stuff why you want this job/job change, 5 postive and negatives about yourself etc.   Answer Question

SAP Hana Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

General Technical Round, Got interviewed by a junior!!
    Second round with HR, with general HR question about what was my previous job about, and why did I want to make a switch. Then the final negotiation with regards to remuneration.
    It took around a month to get my offer.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Aptitude -> TI -> MR -> HR

Day 1 : Aptitude Round

Day 2:
    1. Technical (TI)
    2. Managerial Review (MR)
    3. HR

Aptitude Round has two parts
    1. Quants - 10th Level of Math + Probability, Lots of Time and Work
    2. Verbal - Email Writing

Interview Questions

• TI/HR

1. OOPS Concepts
      2. Project
      3. SQL Commands
      4. If not TCS, what else?
      5. What are the latest trends?

HR

1. Tell me something NOT on your resume
      2. General questions (About yourself)
      Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online.Complete Interview process took 5 hours from 9 to 2 everything ended. I had 2.4 years of experience and there were 3 rounds PI MR then HR. Most imp was first round. 2 people interviewed me in first round. MR round was only what is my role in current project. HR round then was so simple . Only salary discussion and all. Overall very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• They asked some good questions on Multithreading, synchronized keyword implementation, blocking queue , Collections and their hierarchy and up casting and down casting and significance of wrapper classes. Gave me to write a program to run three threads and print sequence 123123123. After that they asked about projects in current company that's it.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

It was aptitude of 2 rounds 1. General aptitude and 2. Email Writing.
    Those who had cleared TCS Codevita had no apti and direct interviews. People with GPA above 7 had only email writing.
    The interview was tough for me as when asked about preferred language I mentioned Java but questions on Data structures were asked. The interview was scheduled in evening so they were not that interested to take the interview. Study well about who is founder of tcs, total ofcs and employees all history of tcs. They made people wait for no reason even though knew that they are rejecting those. People whose interviews got over in morning had to wait till late night and it was a sunday!

Interview Questions

• To find cycles and intersection among linkedlist, Multithreading   Answer Question