Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was aptitude of 2 rounds 1. General aptitude and 2. Email Writing.
    Those who had cleared TCS Codevita had no apti and direct interviews. People with GPA above 7 had only email writing.
    The interview was tough for me as when asked about preferred language I mentioned Java but questions on Data structures were asked. The interview was scheduled in evening so they were not that interested to take the interview. Study well about who is founder of tcs, total ofcs and employees all history of tcs. They made people wait for no reason even though knew that they are rejecting those. People whose interviews got over in morning had to wait till late night and it was a sunday!

Interview Questions

• To find cycles and intersection among linkedlist, Multithreading   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Application

Interview

Company visited college for placements.Presentation was followed by aptitude test.I was exempted from the aptitude exam because of my high pointer.There were 2 rounds of interviews.First round was by panel consisting of 2 interviewers.Basic questions.Run through the CV.2nd round - Told me mistakes in my resume.Asked about my family background.

Interview Questions

• Why TCS if you are doing Mechanical Engineering? Most probable question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very good
    TCS Eligibility:

For TCS, your academics record should be cool. For Engineering & MCA or any other U.G degrees candidate must have a 6.5 CGPA or 65% in overall. Students should not have standing arrears. Sometimes they will call the “NO HISTORY OF ARREARS” candidates. And candidate’s 10th and 12th marks should be in minimum of 60%.

Recommended Reading: Learn English Quickly
    Degrees Allowed:

All U.G & P.G degrees that are related to Computer is allowed for TCS placement interview. Especially in engineering stream,

B.E Computer Science,
    B.E Information Technology / B.Tech IT
    BE ECE – Electronics and Communication Engineering.
    In Arts & Science stream,

Consulting,
    BPO services
    [Read: Software Company List] & [Aptitude online portal]

Written Test procedure:

In this section, eligible students are asked to write an exam which is conducted by TCS representatives. Each student gets the different questions, but as of the same pattern and type. The time duration will be 1:30 hours. Few sections are including,

VERBAL – Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence completion & passage writing [Duration: 20mins – 30 questions – Refer Barron’s GRE]
    Aptitude – Quantitative and Logical reasoning [Duration: 40 minutes- 45 questions – Refer: Old TCS questions]
    Analytical – Critical Reasoning [Duration: 30 minutes – 12 questions- Refer Barron’s GRE]
    Related: IT Related Studies Abroad

Technical interview procedure:

This section is totally based on face-to-face interview. Most of the students were rejected from this interview.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process had total 4 rounds
    First round was Aptitude test
    Second round was Technical Round where general questions + questions based on project were asked
    Third round was MR round where they check how much you fit into the Company
    Fourth round was HR round to get to know you as a person

Interview Questions

• Explain Your project in detail   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

As i was a codevita student, the technical interview was lengthy. Many conceptual questions were asked regarding to Database Management, Data Structures, Java, etc. The technnical interview was held with the MR interview where questions were asked to see how well we handle various real life situations and how good is our managing skill.

Interview Questions

• Explain Bubble sort?
      Explain BFS, DFS?
      Exlain .Net Concepts?
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

I Interviewed through college in the month of September. Aptitude was very similar to questions available on the internet.In the Interview I was asked basic oops concept ant puzzle. As I was already into developing apps they didn't ask me much into detail.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Mine was a campus placement drive.
    All the students who had CGPA over 6.5 were eligible.
    Green zone for students with 7.9 and above cgpa,email writing and PI.
    1. Aptitude round - Quantitative aptitude,reasoning , Email writing.
    2. Personal Interview.
    Focus on coding skills. If you are not from an IT background. Algorithms may be asked. They wanna test your problem solving abilities.

Interview Questions

• You are from a mechanical background,why have you applied for IT industry and profile ?   Answer Question

Fresher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The Aptitude Test was organized by the company. After the results were announced, The interview was scheduled at VIT. Students from around 11 colleges were present for the interview. There were total 11 panels and there were 3 rounds(Technical round, Managerial round and HR round). The results were announced after a week

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online on the website and have been invited for interview rounds.It was 3 Round process:-
    1.Technical Interview :technical questions asked mostly from technologies mentioned in Resume.
    2. Managerial Round (Non Technical) : Discussion on process followed in projects etc.
    3. HR Round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with 2 technical people. The Senior was reading some premade questions and they both generated questions based on what was on my resume. The technical interview lasted 35 minutes. There was supposed to be an HR interview beforehand, but the HR interview was cancelled and rescheduled to be the 2nd round.