Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

2.8

486 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SAP Hana Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

General Technical Round, Got interviewed by a junior!!
    Second round with HR, with general HR question about what was my previous job about, and why did I want to make a switch. Then the final negotiation with regards to remuneration.
    It took around a month to get my offer.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Aptitude -> TI -> MR -> HR

Day 1 : Aptitude Round

Day 2:
    1. Technical (TI)
    2. Managerial Review (MR)
    3. HR

Aptitude Round has two parts
    1. Quants - 10th Level of Math + Probability, Lots of Time and Work
    2. Verbal - Email Writing

Interview Questions

• TI/HR

1. OOPS Concepts
      2. Project
      3. SQL Commands
      4. If not TCS, what else?
      5. What are the latest trends?

HR

1. Tell me something NOT on your resume
      2. General questions (About yourself)   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online.Complete Interview process took 5 hours from 9 to 2 everything ended. I had 2.4 years of experience and there were 3 rounds PI MR then HR. Most imp was first round. 2 people interviewed me in first round. MR round was only what is my role in current project. HR round then was so simple . Only salary discussion and all. Overall very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• They asked some good questions on Multithreading, synchronized keyword implementation, blocking queue , Collections and their hierarchy and up casting and down casting and significance of wrapper classes. Gave me to write a program to run three threads and print sequence 123123123. After that they asked about projects in current company that's it.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

It was aptitude of 2 rounds 1. General aptitude and 2. Email Writing.
    Those who had cleared TCS Codevita had no apti and direct interviews. People with GPA above 7 had only email writing.
    The interview was tough for me as when asked about preferred language I mentioned Java but questions on Data structures were asked. The interview was scheduled in evening so they were not that interested to take the interview. Study well about who is founder of tcs, total ofcs and employees all history of tcs. They made people wait for no reason even though knew that they are rejecting those. People whose interviews got over in morning had to wait till late night and it was a sunday!

Interview Questions

• To find cycles and intersection among linkedlist, Multithreading   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Application

Interview

Company visited college for placements.Presentation was followed by aptitude test.I was exempted from the aptitude exam because of my high pointer.There were 2 rounds of interviews.First round was by panel consisting of 2 interviewers.Basic questions.Run through the CV.2nd round - Told me mistakes in my resume.Asked about my family background.

Interview Questions

• Why TCS if you are doing Mechanical Engineering? Most probable question   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very good
    TCS Eligibility:

For TCS, your academics record should be cool. For Engineering & MCA or any other U.G degrees candidate must have a 6.5 CGPA or 65% in overall. Students should not have standing arrears. Sometimes they will call the “NO HISTORY OF ARREARS” candidates. And candidate’s 10th and 12th marks should be in minimum of 60%.

Recommended Reading: Learn English Quickly
    Degrees Allowed:

All U.G & P.G degrees that are related to Computer is allowed for TCS placement interview. Especially in engineering stream,

B.E Computer Science,
    B.E Information Technology / B.Tech IT
    BE ECE – Electronics and Communication Engineering.
    In Arts & Science stream,

Consulting,
    BPO services
    [Read: Software Company List] & [Aptitude online portal]

Written Test procedure:

In this section, eligible students are asked to write an exam which is conducted by TCS representatives. Each student gets the different questions, but as of the same pattern and type. The time duration will be 1:30 hours. Few sections are including,

VERBAL – Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence completion & passage writing [Duration: 20mins – 30 questions – Refer Barron’s GRE]
    Aptitude – Quantitative and Logical reasoning [Duration: 40 minutes- 45 questions – Refer: Old TCS questions]
    Analytical – Critical Reasoning [Duration: 30 minutes – 12 questions- Refer Barron’s GRE]
    Related: IT Related Studies Abroad

Technical interview procedure:

This section is totally based on face-to-face interview. Most of the students were rejected from this interview.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process had total 4 rounds
    First round was Aptitude test
    Second round was Technical Round where general questions + questions based on project were asked
    Third round was MR round where they check how much you fit into the Company
    Fourth round was HR round to get to know you as a person

Interview Questions

• Explain Your project in detail   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

As i was a codevita student, the technical interview was lengthy. Many conceptual questions were asked regarding to Database Management, Data Structures, Java, etc. The technnical interview was held with the MR interview where questions were asked to see how well we handle various real life situations and how good is our managing skill.

Interview Questions

• Explain Bubble sort?
      Explain BFS, DFS?
      Exlain .Net Concepts?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I Interviewed through college in the month of September. Aptitude was very similar to questions available on the internet.In the Interview I was asked basic oops concept ant puzzle. As I was already into developing apps they didn't ask me much into detail.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Mine was a campus placement drive.
    All the students who had CGPA over 6.5 were eligible.
    Green zone for students with 7.9 and above cgpa,email writing and PI.
    1. Aptitude round - Quantitative aptitude,reasoning , Email writing.
    2. Personal Interview.
    Focus on coding skills. If you are not from an IT background. Algorithms may be asked. They wanna test your problem solving abilities.

Interview Questions

• You are from a mechanical background,why have you applied for IT industry and profile ?   Answer Question