Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services (North America)

2.6

Sort:

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Pittsburg, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

it was call by recruiter. Submitted the resume by recruiter to TCS. HR called after 2two days , asked to fill up the online form. telephonic interview by Senior developer, telephonic interview by project manager. waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• basic java , oop fundamental, spring security, web services, SOAP and REST   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

Two interviews. One technical and one general. Asked to write a few java functions and a sql query. Was pretty easy overall. The general interview was very short and nothing special.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had on campus interview and a Skype interview. I am waiting for my final interview. I felt like they are very laid back but the lady wasn't prepare to interview me.

Interview Questions

• You haven't taken any object oriented languages so idk what to ask ...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Unorganized

Interview Questions

• How will I compete with other employees who have more experience than me   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiaton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

Technical Phone
    Manager interview
    HR interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions related to programming past projects and specif experience. JAVA or .NET and DATABASES   Answer Question

Low pay
    poor benefits

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Milford, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

Sat in a room with a manager, HR woman, and a software engineer. They asked very general questions about what I would like to do with my career and a few basic techical questions to test for familiarity with technologies...like what is an absolute class in java, and stuff about jdbc. The interview was about 25 minutes, with no further interviews...Probably the most minimal interview for a tech job I've had. The HR woman inititially contacted me during the last month of my college education while I was job searching.

Interview Questions

Low pay, and I've read a lot of bad reviews about working for the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

Met them at a job fair. First they have a simple skill based test right there (which I kinda bypassed because I just told him what I knew and what I worked on before we got to the questions and he said I was good enough). After that they schedule an on campus interview. After that I got a call a few weeks later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you use a switch statement for: I did not know the answer so he asked me another one.

Say you had user input and you knew that they might enter text instead of a number. How would you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Application submitted through a friend. Was contacted by recruiter 1 week later, initial interview was HR related and behavioral. Setup a tech interview 1 week later.
    Technical interview over Skype had easy java questions. Basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• Using java print a string every third iteration.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry level fixed salary. Initially under average offer but was adjusted for California standards.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview took place on campus during an on-campus hiring event. The whole interview can be summed up to a few questions: Do you have basic programming knowledge, like the difference between list and array? Are you willing to re-allocate when company need you to? Do you have US citizenship or residency?
    My interview was not technical at all. Most of the time was spent on the HR person explaining me what I will expect after joining the company, with some misleading information as well. For example, when I asked about their developer positions, was told that there a many opportunities, but was only after started working I found out almost all of the work my co-workers and me get are technical support instead of any developing that includes programming.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to re-allocate?   1 Answer
    • Do you have US citizenship?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in April 2014.

Interview

I was not asked much during the interview. There were no software related questions. I was only asked about my background in terms of what I worked on in school.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my background from school.   1 Answer