Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services (North America)

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in May 2020.

Interview

It was not a pleasant experience. I was upset after the interview. I wish the team good luck to find great fits and pass n their legacy to whoever crosss the way. Thank you for the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

First round was HR phone screen which had absolute garbage questions which are mentioned below.

They scheduled a technical interview but never called.

My experience was quite unprofessional and irrelevant to the role.

Entry Level Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

We were each taken in for an interview from a common room. I was set up for an interview in a room with one person interviewing me. It started on a negative note when he was asking me coding questions based on C# considering that I did not have C# on my resume as well as the fact that I was interviewing for a data position and not a software development position. From there on I felt like the tone of the interview was completely negative with the person interviewing me having a one track mind and no proper way of taking the interview. Overall it was a scarring experience and I think it was extremely unprofessional because the person interviewing me went on to tell me that no data job is stable and I should venture into coding if I want to survive.

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Asked me about a scenario in which you would fetch data from email and send it through email after analysing it. Questions about R and python and how data analytics usually works.

Interview Questions

• How to fetch data from email and send it after analysing it?   Answer Question

Angular (.NET) Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

Contracted by Recruiter, Interview was setup for phone screening in few days, then about a week later I was short-listed for TCS's client interview on phone conference. After week third round of video conference interview was setup. All three round has technical and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

There were 2 rounds for interview. One telephonic and when you clear it one skype interview, Some times you have to follow up on your interview and get it done, as they don't have time to interview you.

Desktop Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2019.

Interview

A Recruiter emailed me directly and via LinkedIn on 12/5/2016.
    I replied same day with answers to her questions about my eligibility/requirements/background.
    I didn't hear back that same day that my responses were received, I emailed and messaged via LinkedIn and the agent responded the next day that they had received my responses.
    I then get a text on 12/9/2019 @ 3:10PM MST stating that their HR has attempted to reach me but I show no calls.
    I get another text on 12/10/2019 @ 1:50PM MST stating that I'll bet getting a call and to "Kindly attend." I text back asking how long until the call, she responds "around 15 minutes." Due to myself working graveyard I stayed up longer waiting for the call, I texted back @ 3:30PM MST that no call was received and that I'll be sleeping for my shift.
    I email the agent on 12/12/2019 @ 2:09AM MST advising that there was no call from her or her team and that I waited by the phone.
    She texts me on 12/12/2019 @ 8:28AM MST stating that they called but I haven't responded. I informed her that I waited an extended period of time for the call and that I texted advising that my window was closed.
    She replied "Yeah, I too have told them. Ok will update you with the end of day."
    I text back on 12/13/2019 @ 8:37AM MST that 24 hours have elapsed and the lack of communication does not build trust with her or her firm.
    She replies @ 8:40AM MST stating that the opening was on hold, once it opens she will inform me and thanks me for my time.
    I reply @ 8:44AM MST advising "On Hold? Again this does not build confidence with her or her firm. Please escalate to her manager. I'll await a callback."
    She replies "OK, Sure."
    To date no call, text or email from anyone at this firm. I have no idea if this is the norm or just a bad agent on their end.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

They had a very disorganized interview process. Got a call from a recruiter to schedule an interview in NJ the next day. Interviewer didn't seem to care much, didn't ask much.

HRBP Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Detroit, MI) in December 2019.

Interview

it was a good process easy and felt comfortable. it was over all a good process. It was a one on one interview and all my questions were answered

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

Wait in large room for everyone gets called for next step. Meet the engineer for interview question. I'm looking for data job but turns out they only want software engineering, finished the interview quick, seems they have second round for HR, but I didn't pass first round

Interview Questions

• How is your c++ skill? how to right code for revers list? how is your sql skill?   Answer Question