Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.6

DevOps Lead Interview

Interview

Did not ask about myself. The person who did technical interview came 10 min late and was asking bunch of questions and wanted to know what the syntax(did not go over my resume) was. Did not even introduce themselves.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone Interview, initial screen. Was approached by a vendor for this opportunity.
    Its a full time position with TCS. Next steps in interview process are pending.
    It was a short interview process, since it being the first round.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between Struct and Class ?   Answer Question
    • Whats Protocol and how do you implement it? Give an example?   Answer Question
    • How do you pass code between Objective C and Swift?   Answer Question
    • How do you use Multithreading in iOS?   Answer Question
    • Whats the difference between Dispatch Queues and Operations Queues?   Answer Question
    • What is Type Casting?   Answer Question
    • What are Optionals? How do you benefit using optional variables in Swift over variables in Objective C?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

Two interviews. One technical and one general. Asked to write a few java functions and a sql query. Was pretty easy overall. The general interview was very short and nothing special.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an interview for one team, and then being recommended for another team. The interview is both behavioral and technical. There were 3 engineer that you interview with and they take turn to ask you questions. Overall the experience was fun, I felt connected to the people who interviewed me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hartford, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (New Hartford, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I meet them at school and the next day they interviewed me
    The process took like a month
    HR phone interview, technical phone, IT manager phone interview. Know your resume because whatever programming language u put they will ask you!

Interview Questions

• What is oops?
      Know the 4 process

I said ik sql And web design on my resume so I got asked:
      What is primary key and mvc web? ....
      just know what u have on ur resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

Basic interview, nothing related to job or my experience. Did not even interview with the hiring manager and did not even know who i would be working for and what i woll be doing (scary right?)

User Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I met the hiring manager who wanted to bring me in for an interview, but the recruiter never followed through to schedule it. She kept saying she would get back to me on x-day, and after she didn't get back to me a third time, I stopped following up and so did they.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Milford, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. One HR getting to know you and how you would fit with the company. Another technical asking basics about your experience and knowledge. You may be subject to more interviews if you choose to interview with another location.

Interview Questions

• HTML, CSS, Javascript, Object-oriented design. Project experiences. Not going to disclose specifics.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interview. They were very easy as long as you knew have some knowledge of technical issues. Once you passed the phone screen and was hired the on boarding process can take a little long. It took 3 months for me to go through all the clearances and onboarding processes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the salary was set and it was a take it or leave scenario.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

It was two week process and I had three telephonic interviews and then I was asked to come meet recruiters in person where I was given an offer. People were were nice and polite. One interview was technical and rest were general questions, I guess it was to see if I will fit in.