Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.5

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I talked to a HR representative over Skype. I applied on a college job board and I was contacted via email for a Skype interview. I was also given some prospective employment paperwork. The interview lasted only 30 minutes. The HR lady was very nice and it was a good interview overall.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (State College, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

One on campus interview lasting about a half of an hour with a campus recruiter and a manager. Only one round of interviewing. It was almost entirely behavioral questions as I had little technical experience. they called me about 2 weeks later saying they were waiting for confirmation that the client needed more work to be done and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you came up with a solution to a problem   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in February 2016.

Interview

They asked me a set of behavioral and some rudimentary programming questions in a group panel at the career fair held at my university. Very basic questions for new college grads.

Interview Questions

• What is a major difference between Java and C++   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

the overall experience was good.
    the interview process was smooth-interviewed with the senior executives 1:1, then the Account Managers and client interviews.the whole process- interview, background check took 2-3 months. the recruiter answered all my questions on the job role, benefits, company info very patiently.

Interview Questions

• Project Management Questions-
      scope management
      managing stakeholders
      project plans
      time and communication management
      Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted over phone by a recruiting agency. Got an extempore interview call from India at 6:00 am (without prior notification). I was not prepared for an interview at that very early morning. There was a long silence. Then I inquired. I finally heard from them and asked to join within 3 days!

Interview Questions

• All Technical questions were related to how the application works.
      No other skills were interviewed
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was confirmed with the recruiter and before the interview. But in the offer letter they offered 10k less. They also agreed to provide the relocation assistance. But, after joining, it was found the amount received was about half of the amount offered because, it was issued as advanced salary and income tax was deducted.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

Process goes to multiple levels from company resource management to individual accounts managers. Technical person from that account called and did the pre-screnning. Then forwarded to client interview. Since its the urgent requirement, once client interview is cleared then immediately joined the project

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Normal multiple round of interview. Nothing very challenging provided you know your stuff.
    Got an opportunity to talk to senior management folks but unfortunately left soon after I joined.
    Recruiter helped a lot in negotiating the offer and position.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

Met them at a job fair. First they have a simple skill based test right there (which I kinda bypassed because I just told him what I knew and what I worked on before we got to the questions and he said I was good enough). After that they schedule an on campus interview. After that I got a call a few weeks later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you use a switch statement for: I did not know the answer so he asked me another one.

Say you had user input and you knew that they might enter text instead of a number. How would you handle it.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Application submitted through a friend. Was contacted by recruiter 1 week later, initial interview was HR related and behavioral. Setup a tech interview 1 week later.
    Technical interview over Skype had easy java questions. Basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• Using java print a string every third iteration.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry level fixed salary. Initially under average offer but was adjusted for California standards.

Mobile App Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty uncomfortable experience. Lot of technical questions related to Android and Java. Did well. But panel members were literally laughing which was very discouraging. [People were literally laughing which is very distracting and not at all comfortable]

Interview Questions

• Android Questions, Background questions, Java questions   Answer Question

See What Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Project Manager in Frisco, TX

Pros: “Creative resources and learning opportunity”“Creative resources and learning opportunity” – Full Review