Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an interview for one team, and then being recommended for another team. The interview is both behavioral and technical. There were 3 engineer that you interview with and they take turn to ask you questions. Overall the experience was fun, I felt connected to the people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services (North America)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hartford, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (New Hartford, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I meet them at school and the next day they interviewed me
    The process took like a month
    HR phone interview, technical phone, IT manager phone interview. Know your resume because whatever programming language u put they will ask you!

Interview Questions

• What is oops?
      Know the 4 process

I said ik sql And web design on my resume so I got asked:
      What is primary key and mvc web? ....
      just know what u have on ur resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

Basic interview, nothing related to job or my experience. Did not even interview with the hiring manager and did not even know who i would be working for and what i woll be doing (scary right?)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Milford, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. One HR getting to know you and how you would fit with the company. Another technical asking basics about your experience and knowledge. You may be subject to more interviews if you choose to interview with another location.

Interview Questions

• HTML, CSS, Javascript, Object-oriented design. Project experiences. Not going to disclose specifics.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in February 2016.

Interview

They asked me a set of behavioral and some rudimentary programming questions in a group panel at the career fair held at my university. Very basic questions for new college grads.

Interview Questions

• What is a major difference between Java and C++   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Met them at a job fair. First they have a simple skill based test right there (which I kinda bypassed because I just told him what I knew and what I worked on before we got to the questions and he said I was good enough). After that they schedule an on campus interview. After that I got a call a few weeks later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you use a switch statement for: I did not know the answer so he asked me another one.

Say you had user input and you knew that they might enter text instead of a number. How would you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Application submitted through a friend. Was contacted by recruiter 1 week later, initial interview was HR related and behavioral. Setup a tech interview 1 week later.
    Technical interview over Skype had easy java questions. Basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• Using java print a string every third iteration.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry level fixed salary. Initially under average offer but was adjusted for California standards.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Met them at the career fair, gave me an interview offer on the spot for the next day. At the interview, it was about half the time were your typical behavioral questions (Weaknesses, team experiences, etc). The other half of the time, a technical interview was conducted by an engineer. They went through your resume asking you about everything on it. Then they asked me to define some OOP terms.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had on campus interview and a Skype interview. I am waiting for my final interview. I felt like they are very laid back but the lady wasn't prepare to interview me.

Interview Questions

• You haven't taken any object oriented languages so idk what to ask ...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Unorganized

Interview Questions

• How will I compete with other employees who have more experience than me   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiaton