Tata Consultancy Services Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds of face to face interview.
2 technical and 1 hr round.
The technical rounds consists of basic logical thinking questions and the hr round consisted of questions checking the atttitude of the candidate

Interview Questions

• Write the algorithm for writing pascals triangle.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Interview

Interview Questions

• very dump questions asked. It was easy like hell. They said they are working with latest technologies but reality is just opposite. Communication skills of interviwer were pathetic. It seems they need to join some english speaking course.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Staffing agency forwared resume to TCS recruiter. They were too slow to confirm in-person interview schedule. Had the in-person interview on a Saturday in the Santa Clara office. The interviewers asked only basic questions in PL/SQL. Though I am well experienced and I did well in the interview, I was puzzled I didn't get an feedback/offer.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cupertino, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview took 45 mins. It was technical and based on fundamental concepts on Java and Object Oriented Concepts. In person interview panel consisted of 3 interviewers. Lot of questions were asked about the products that I had worked on in my previous job. In person interview took about one and a half hours. Overall it was a really good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interview

Interview Questions

I didn't like the way the process took place

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Dallas, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. It took a whole day. There were 2 technical rounds, one managerial round and one HR round. After the interview process they dont give the offer right away. The actual offer letter came in the mail after a month. They say it takes time because they take approval from Mumbai for every associate hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pune (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

In19th Nov schedule drive for .Net WCF and WPF skill process is for first round every candidate pass through one guy his name is Kunal. As per their question I think he don't have more than 5 year experience in .Net development.
    He asked me only 3 question and after that HR told me I rejected.
    That 3 questions are very easy
    So I have 7+ year of experience in C# and SQL, 5 year in Windows form, 2+ year in WCF, 2+ years in WPF.
    If I get chance to bit TCS, then I will invite to all of you seriously.
    And i saw in the last he selected only beautiful ladies. Every body knows that how beautiful ladies are work in IT.

Interview Questions

• 1. Can we declare private constructor and how to manage that class?
      2..can we declare a class using private constructor?
      3. What is Web service and WSDL?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pune (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a technical interview on java and then a techno managerial interview. After that I had an HR interview wherein the HR said that my salary was already on higher end for my experience and they could not pay that. He said he needed approval from management. After a couple of days received call from HR stating only 5% hike. I rejected the offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pune (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview is of one technical round one managerical round and then HR discussion. You should have interview invite for entrance. It takes one complete day for all the processes to complete.

Interview Questions

• Questions were v. Straight forward and work oriented.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Worst in induatry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pune (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

TCS on of the fack company in india. I have cleared the first round that is technical round in TCS.

Than HR told me send me your all documents. than HR told me you will have one more round that is MR round.

In MR round non technical person will asking technical questions. even your correct answers they told no it is not correct.

total waste of time to interview with TCS.

technical interview was good.
    But MR round all nonsense questions.

in MR round 2 persons are there

1- lady
    1- Man

Interview Questions

• 1) First question - That lady asked me are you maharashtrian.
      2) then they stared to ask anything.
      1 Answer