Tata Consultancy Services Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Emailed my resume to the recruiter and she arranged the interview the first time which she missed. She sent a reschedule email 3 days later which she also missed. She called after I emailed to apologize and said she would consider that call as my behavioral interview. technical interview was two days later and I was offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• I don't even think I was asked any serious questions during both interviews. Both behavioral and technical asked me to talk about myself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

In was good. They gave some technical questions to answer and white board solving. Total had 5 rounds. 3 Technical and one with the manager and one HR. They asked about projects that I did in college etc

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was long process with first technical round, followed by client interview.
    After that HR round.
    The whole process took 2 months period.
    Some times followup with the status is required.

Technical Interview was in depth. Client interview was about the current project, roles and resposiblities

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I had an on campus interview. Since my GPA was above their required minimum I went directly to the interview. There was a panel of 4 people. 3 developers and 1 from HR. They asked a few technical and a few general questions. The technical questions were very easy. They asked basic questions like for loop. The HR questions were mainly to see whether I could work in a team and whether or not I would be willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

I had got into a University for Masters.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview

Two rounds. First round was technical- very clear and according to the requirements of the company. Second round was management - interviewers were looking for people with good work ethics.

Interview Questions

• A question related to database query.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Very basic questions. They really needed someone at the project.

Basic Java questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. I wanted to start get a job as quickly as I could. So accepted it right away.

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Milford, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

It was an extremely generic developer interview. If you were to Google the top 20 programming interview questions you would see what they ask. It felt very scripted and it didn't come off to me that they actually cared about my technical abilities. There was no programming test or challenege, and as I later found out from accepting the job and working there, the bar for entry is extremely low. There were many, developers, who were an insult to the feild, they couldn't even write a basic for loop, even if you hand fed them instructions on how to do it. Don't get me wrong there are plenty good developers there, but the bad outnumber the good by a lot.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2012.

Interview

3 rounds. 2 tech and 1 MR.. Technical round was ok to crack. Then the usual MR round and salary negotiations. the entire process was completed in 1 month. Takes a bit long to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• usual technical stuffs and industry best practices. Some questions on java programming and integrations... past project experience and any lessons learnt. If you have good hold on your subject expect a good pay check.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

They called me up a few times, asked me some excessively simple questions and made me an offer. At one point one of the guys who was supposed to call me just plain didn't. I should have known something was up because of how excessively easy the interview was, and management not calling me back after asking for the call soon became the norm.

Interview Questions

• What are the three concepts behind Object Oriented programming?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. You are wholly replaceable to them.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Firstly one common test was conducted which was good on a scale .
    It comprises of many questions like aptitude ,logical questions ,analytical questions,reasoning questions ,geometrical questions
    After clearing the first test only we can proceed to next level of interview
    Overall Good interview