Tata Consultancy Services Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017

2.7

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I was asked to write the logic for 2 programs. They gave me ample time to write the code. After that they asked me some questions about my future plans.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter that lasted around 20 minutes discussing my education / work experience and more info on the position I was applying for. We then scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter gave me directions to print out and then fill out multiple forms BY HAND and then SCAN them back to her. I did so. Come the day of the interview I received no call after spending hours researching the company and preparing for the interview's technical questions. I emailed the recruiter the following day about the error and have still received no response almost a week later.

Interview Questions

• Can you print out these forms and sign them by hand and then re-scan them back to us?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Fill a lot of papers, waiting in the room, and then be called by name. Resume checking and some question about your resume. No more tech questions and specific coding questions.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Emailed my resume to the recruiter and she arranged the interview the first time which she missed. She sent a reschedule email 3 days later which she also missed. She called after I emailed to apologize and said she would consider that call as my behavioral interview. technical interview was two days later and I was offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• I don't even think I was asked any serious questions during both interviews. Both behavioral and technical asked me to talk about myself.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

In was good. They gave some technical questions to answer and white board solving. Total had 5 rounds. 3 Technical and one with the manager and one HR. They asked about projects that I did in college etc

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was long process with first technical round, followed by client interview.
    After that HR round.
    The whole process took 2 months period.
    Some times followup with the status is required.

Technical Interview was in depth. Client interview was about the current project, roles and resposiblities

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I had an on campus interview. Since my GPA was above their required minimum I went directly to the interview. There was a panel of 4 people. 3 developers and 1 from HR. They asked a few technical and a few general questions. The technical questions were very easy. They asked basic questions like for loop. The HR questions were mainly to see whether I could work in a team and whether or not I would be willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

I had got into a University for Masters.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview

Two rounds. First round was technical- very clear and according to the requirements of the company. Second round was management - interviewers were looking for people with good work ethics.

Interview Questions

• A question related to database query.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Very basic questions. They really needed someone at the project.

Basic Java questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. I wanted to start get a job as quickly as I could. So accepted it right away.

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Milford, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

It was an extremely generic developer interview. If you were to Google the top 20 programming interview questions you would see what they ask. It felt very scripted and it didn't come off to me that they actually cared about my technical abilities. There was no programming test or challenege, and as I later found out from accepting the job and working there, the bar for entry is extremely low. There were many, developers, who were an insult to the feild, they couldn't even write a basic for loop, even if you hand fed them instructions on how to do it. Don't get me wrong there are plenty good developers there, but the bad outnumber the good by a lot.