Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

575 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I had a face to face interview on campus with a member of their HR and Development. Then had a phone interview that was a little more technical.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about object oriented programming(explain inheritance), basic questions about SQL (like what is a foreign key).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Application

Interview

Short and easy. Met with recruiter at career fair on campus, then had an interview the next day, A week later received a panel interview on phone, 2 weeks later received offer.

Interview Questions

• what is a join? difference between join and truncate   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Someone contacted me and said they say my resume online and wanted to know if I would be interested in a software engineering position. They asked I submit an application then I had a phone interview. Basic HR questions. Then I had a technical interview. The interviewer asked a lot about previous projects, OOP, web development, and SQL. About two weeks later I got a call saying they wanted to extend me an offer. But the offer was in a different city than what they originally told me at the beginning of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 principles associated with object oriented design?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Milford, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

General Screening -> Technical Interview -> Final Thoughts

First part was just to get a sense of what kind of person you are.
    The second round which was the technical was a lot of questions on the technologies you put on your resume.
    Finally they just wanted a background check and to see what your requirements were.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Got a call from Recruiter for the phone interview. Phone interview is about 30 minutes long and asks technical questions. Most of the questions were in Java, JavaScript and HTML.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2017.

Interview

They asked some basic questions on some of the projects I had worked on in the past and asked to describe how they work. They then asked logic questions to test my critical thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum amount of pieces you can cut a pie into using only four straight cuts?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was fair. TCS asked valid behavioral questions for the first phone interview and technical questions on the second one. Also very helpful with letting you know the upcoming steps for your process.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tacoma, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

This was part of a campus recruiting drive. I met with a recruiter on the career fair floor, scheduled an interview for the next day on the site, and waited 10 days for a response after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe SQL
      What are the main benefits of an object oriented language?
      Many questions about my role in past projects.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I had two interviews over the phone. The first was behavioral with a recruiter, and the other one was technical. It was a fairly simple process. It took a while to hear back after the first interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Very long interview process. Analogies , technical, Face to face. each stage was tough . 3 rounds of face to face interview
    Written test and technical is highly impossible to clear

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with TCS?   1 Answer