Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.7

556 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Short and easy. Met with recruiter at career fair on campus, then had an interview the next day, A week later received a panel interview on phone, 2 weeks later received offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Milford, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

General Screening -> Technical Interview -> Final Thoughts

First part was just to get a sense of what kind of person you are.
    The second round which was the technical was a lot of questions on the technologies you put on your resume.
    Finally they just wanted a background check and to see what your requirements were.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2017.

Interview

They asked some basic questions on some of the projects I had worked on in the past and asked to describe how they work. They then asked logic questions to test my critical thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum amount of pieces you can cut a pie into using only four straight cuts?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was fair. TCS asked valid behavioral questions for the first phone interview and technical questions on the second one. Also very helpful with letting you know the upcoming steps for your process.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tacoma, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

This was part of a campus recruiting drive. I met with a recruiter on the career fair floor, scheduled an interview for the next day on the site, and waited 10 days for a response after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe SQL
      What are the main benefits of an object oriented language?
      Many questions about my role in past projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I had two interviews over the phone. The first was behavioral with a recruiter, and the other one was technical. It was a fairly simple process. It took a while to hear back after the first interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Very long interview process. Analogies , technical, Face to face. each stage was tough . 3 rounds of face to face interview
    Written test and technical is highly impossible to clear

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with TCS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I'm entering my final semester of college and met with TCS recruiters at our job convention. The interview consisted of 2 phone calls. The first was with HR and was behavioral. The lady was extremely nice and told me all about the company. The second was with an Indian man in New York and was technical. The technical interview consisted of basic questions covering your 4 years of college. It was tough, but if you attended classes and studied, you should remember and do fine. About a week after the technical interview the HR lady called me and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a static variable?
      Explain objects to me like I'm 5 years old.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Met with 2 technical people. The Senior was reading some premade questions and they both generated questions based on what was on my resume. The technical interview lasted 35 minutes. There was supposed to be an HR interview beforehand, but the HR interview was cancelled and rescheduled to be the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• What is the software development cycle?
      Difference between Push vs Pull in mobile development?
      How would you make something scalable?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, basic behavioral questions and basic programming question. Each interview lasts about 30 to 45 minutes. First was behavioral interview with HR, second phone interview was technical. Neither was very hard