Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was fair. TCS asked valid behavioral questions for the first phone interview and technical questions on the second one. Also very helpful with letting you know the upcoming steps for your process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tacoma, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

This was part of a campus recruiting drive. I met with a recruiter on the career fair floor, scheduled an interview for the next day on the site, and waited 10 days for a response after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe SQL
      What are the main benefits of an object oriented language?
      Many questions about my role in past projects.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I had two interviews over the phone. The first was behavioral with a recruiter, and the other one was technical. It was a fairly simple process. It took a while to hear back after the first interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Very long interview process. Analogies , technical, Face to face. each stage was tough . 3 rounds of face to face interview
    Written test and technical is highly impossible to clear

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with TCS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I'm entering my final semester of college and met with TCS recruiters at our job convention. The interview consisted of 2 phone calls. The first was with HR and was behavioral. The lady was extremely nice and told me all about the company. The second was with an Indian man in New York and was technical. The technical interview consisted of basic questions covering your 4 years of college. It was tough, but if you attended classes and studied, you should remember and do fine. About a week after the technical interview the HR lady called me and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a static variable?
      Explain objects to me like I'm 5 years old.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Met with 2 technical people. The Senior was reading some premade questions and they both generated questions based on what was on my resume. The technical interview lasted 35 minutes. There was supposed to be an HR interview beforehand, but the HR interview was cancelled and rescheduled to be the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• What is the software development cycle?
      Difference between Push vs Pull in mobile development?
      How would you make something scalable?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, basic behavioral questions and basic programming question. Each interview lasts about 30 to 45 minutes. First was behavioral interview with HR, second phone interview was technical. Neither was very hard

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

One interview only. All the questions are about basic object-oriented programming. Nothing about algorithm and data structure which was a little disappointing. It's supposed to be 45 mins however it only took me 20 mins. Then you have chance to ask questions. A engineer and a hr conducted the interview.

Interview Questions

• What's oop, what language do you use and why, went through resume and asked questions about every detail in the resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Tacoma, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview set up was pretty quick and it only took one day. It was an on-site interview. First section was behavioral questions. The second part was tech-questions. Overall, the difficulty of the interview was average.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience when you worked in a group project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First spoke to a recruiter by email for quite a while working out paperwork, etc. before even speaking on the phone for an interview. Skyped with a recruiter and then had a phone interview with a developer. There was no coding whatsoever, just general conceptual and experience based questions. They seemed to have a considerable emphasis on GPA over anything else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on recently and how you organized and programmed it   Answer Question