Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.8

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a brief process which happened on campus. We had 4 interview rounds. The first was the aptitude. Second was the technical interview , third was the management review interview and the fourth was the Hr interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

One of the best companies to work with. The project manager help the Associates and the Analyst in providing effective training, and guide them in order to perform well in their respective roles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Couple of rounds as a part of Interview process. First round is aptitude and second round is face to face Interview where you will be asked technical questions. It pretty straight forward and simple. Just a normal Interview process as usual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very good
    TCS Eligibility:

For TCS, your academics record should be cool. For Engineering & MCA or any other U.G degrees candidate must have a 6.5 CGPA or 65% in overall. Students should not have standing arrears. Sometimes they will call the “NO HISTORY OF ARREARS” candidates. And candidate’s 10th and 12th marks should be in minimum of 60%.

Recommended Reading: Learn English Quickly
    Degrees Allowed:

All U.G & P.G degrees that are related to Computer is allowed for TCS placement interview. Especially in engineering stream,

B.E Computer Science,
    B.E Information Technology / B.Tech IT
    BE ECE – Electronics and Communication Engineering.
    In Arts & Science stream,

Consulting,
    BPO services
    [Read: Software Company List] & [Aptitude online portal]

Written Test procedure:

In this section, eligible students are asked to write an exam which is conducted by TCS representatives. Each student gets the different questions, but as of the same pattern and type. The time duration will be 1:30 hours. Few sections are including,

VERBAL – Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence completion & passage writing [Duration: 20mins – 30 questions – Refer Barron’s GRE]
    Aptitude – Quantitative and Logical reasoning [Duration: 40 minutes- 45 questions – Refer: Old TCS questions]
    Analytical – Critical Reasoning [Duration: 30 minutes – 12 questions- Refer Barron’s GRE]
    Related: IT Related Studies Abroad

Technical interview procedure:

This section is totally based on face-to-face interview. Most of the students were rejected from this interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I Interviewed through college in the month of September. Aptitude was very similar to questions available on the internet.In the Interview I was asked basic oops concept ant puzzle. As I was already into developing apps they didn't ask me much into detail.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online on the website and have been invited for interview rounds.It was 3 Round process:-
    1.Technical Interview :technical questions asked mostly from technologies mentioned in Resume.
    2. Managerial Round (Non Technical) : Discussion on process followed in projects etc.
    3. HR Round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with 2 technical people. The Senior was reading some premade questions and they both generated questions based on what was on my resume. The technical interview lasted 35 minutes. There was supposed to be an HR interview beforehand, but the HR interview was cancelled and rescheduled to be the 2nd round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

On Campus interview for freshers. TCS came to hire new BE students. That was a mass recruitment.
    The interview was short. Mainly behavioral questions and some common technical questions as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The interview process was of three rounds
    1. Aptitude
    2. Technical(face 2 face)
    3. HR

1st round was aptitude. The questions are repeated so u can go through campusgate.com. U can easily crack the interview. 2nd round is technical. Must have a good knowledge of one programming language. 3rd round is HR. The interviewer just asks about our self.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process is of three rounds
    1 Aptitude test
    2 Technical Round
    3 Hr round
    first they ask you to describe yourself
    then there is a aptitude test which has simple questions
    then there is a technical round where you have to write programs
    finally you have Hr round

Interview Questions

• Basic programming questions in Technical round
      Basic questions in aptitude test   Answer Question