Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very good
TCS Eligibility:

For TCS, your academics record should be cool. For Engineering & MCA or any other U.G degrees candidate must have a 6.5 CGPA or 65% in overall. Students should not have standing arrears. Sometimes they will call the “NO HISTORY OF ARREARS” candidates. And candidate’s 10th and 12th marks should be in minimum of 60%.

Recommended Reading: Learn English Quickly
Degrees Allowed:

All U.G & P.G degrees that are related to Computer is allowed for TCS placement interview. Especially in engineering stream,

B.E Computer Science,
B.E Information Technology / B.Tech IT
BE ECE – Electronics and Communication Engineering.
In Arts & Science stream,

Consulting,
BPO services
[Read: Software Company List] & [Aptitude online portal]

Written Test procedure:

In this section, eligible students are asked to write an exam which is conducted by TCS representatives. Each student gets the different questions, but as of the same pattern and type. The time duration will be 1:30 hours. Few sections are including,

VERBAL – Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence completion & passage writing [Duration: 20mins – 30 questions – Refer Barron’s GRE]
Aptitude – Quantitative and Logical reasoning [Duration: 40 minutes- 45 questions – Refer: Old TCS questions]
Analytical – Critical Reasoning [Duration: 30 minutes – 12 questions- Refer Barron’s GRE]
Related: IT Related Studies Abroad

Technical interview procedure:

This section is totally based on face-to-face interview. Most of the students were rejected from this interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I Interviewed through college in the month of September. Aptitude was very similar to questions available on the internet.In the Interview I was asked basic oops concept ant puzzle. As I was already into developing apps they didn't ask me much into detail.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online on the website and have been invited for interview rounds.It was 3 Round process:-
    1.Technical Interview :technical questions asked mostly from technologies mentioned in Resume.
    2. Managerial Round (Non Technical) : Discussion on process followed in projects etc.
    3. HR Round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with 2 technical people. The Senior was reading some premade questions and they both generated questions based on what was on my resume. The technical interview lasted 35 minutes. There was supposed to be an HR interview beforehand, but the HR interview was cancelled and rescheduled to be the 2nd round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

On Campus interview for freshers. TCS came to hire new BE students. That was a mass recruitment.
    The interview was short. Mainly behavioral questions and some common technical questions as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process is of three rounds
    1 Aptitude test
    2 Technical Round
    3 Hr round
    first they ask you to describe yourself
    then there is a aptitude test which has simple questions
    then there is a technical round where you have to write programs
    finally you have Hr round

Interview Questions

• Basic programming questions in Technical round
      Basic questions in aptitude test
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through their off campus drive .I cleared the aptitude test which consisted of general quants and logic related questions and an essay writing round.The test was of 1 hour .After some weeks i was called for the interview.there were two rounds technical + managerial and hr.i could not clear the technical round.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the programming in my final year project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

it is a useful, memory-saving technique for multiprogrammed timesharing systems. A Reentrant Procedure is one in which multiple users can share a single copy of a program during the same period. Reentrancy has 2 key aspects: The program code cannot modify itself, and the local data for each user process must be stored separately. Thus, the permanent part is the code, and the temporary part is the pointer back to the calling program and local variables used by that program. Each execution instance is called activation. It executes the code in the permanent part, but has its own copy of local variables/parameters. The temporary part associated with each activation is the activation record. Generally, the activation record is kept on the stack.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

First Round was Aptitude
    Quants, Logical, Verbal
    Second Round was Technical
    Os, Programming language, Database
    Third Round was Hr
    Tell me about yourself.
    The Whole process was for a day
    I think the just needed computer science students.
    As i was a diploma in software engg. was i not selected at the end.
    But at the end of the day i got to learn a lot from my first ever interview.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude is based on Indiabix.
      Technical is based on your projects, OS, C#, Database, real life scenarios etc
      Hr is just about your personal info.
      The Hr was to kind.
      She let me settle properly.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was shortlisted after giving the first aptitude test in my undergraduate college. Interview was very easy. Asked me 2 questions and about my final year project. They liked my projects and were very keen on asking questions about it.