Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.8

ILP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, after a couple of weeks I was asked to come to an in person interview.

I was asked about the projects that I did at school and briefly about my programming experience.

Interview Questions

• My weaknesses and strength.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage was a 20 minute phone interview that mostly involved questions on past experiences , preferred technologies and explaining the training program that they have. Next was a 1 hour onsite interview. First 20 minutes involved typical behavior questions and then some previous experiences. Technical portion was mostly about Java (OOP concepts) and a little bit of SQL.

Interview Questions

• Abstract class vs interface. What is a singleton? Creating a SQL query.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at university career fair in Fall. Got called by the same woman in the following week, going over some behavioural questions and updating my resume as well as scheduling an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 3 other employees and the woman at career fair in a panel asking questions. The recruiter lady is VERY unprofessional as she ignored all my follow-up emails, leading me to conclude I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• basic OOP concepts, some details in C++ keywords, and general algorithms.   Answer Question

ILP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

the interview was divided into 2 parts.

There was a personality based questions interview handled over the phone, and a technical interview a month later where you would go on site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

phone technical interview. They called me and ask me some questions: how do you handle exceptions? What is a checked exception or un-checked exception? How do you make a thread? why do you use runnable not thread? what is singleton? what is serialization? Spring bean scope?
    How do you deploy a war or jar file on web server? How do you config a web server?

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Extemely polite and an pleasent experience. Gave a good outlook about the requirement.
    Whole Interview was based on a senerio and discussed lots of personal aspect about the approch to a solution.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with HR and technical personal. Excellent work culture and ethics. Office location is hard to reach by public transportation especially when coming from downtown or other GTA areas. Interview questions were relatively easy and basic. Focus was mostly on Object-Oriented Programming. The questions were geared towards depth in the skills mentioned in the resume rather than breadth of shallow skills.

QA Lead With CIBC Client Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

HR called me and had a discussion about salary. Then Techincal interview called me for In-Person. Interview went for 1 hour. They were literally trying to show that person dont know anything. After 2 days I got a call saying I cleared technical interview and next round will be Client interview and then during interview I came to know that client requirement was completely different then what requirement they passed me. Its only TCS stratergy to bring resources from offshore showing to client they didn't find any one in Canada. I am very disappointed with the way they treated. It was just waste of my time and money going for the interview. Please dont go for TCS interview. They interviews are just to show no resource is available in Canada.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job through LI. Got call from HR and subsequently the technical team called after a week. The HR was very friendly and was accomodative of my schedule for the interview and even the technical team was nice. The technical interview lasted for nearly an hour. They started with experience and exposure to work environment, project experience, technical skills and tools knowledge. Then they went into the key skills required for the project and asked specific technical questions in Java/J2EE/JDBC/Spring/Hibernate. The questions started from basic and went into advance levels like multithreading, exception handling , Garbage collection etc. They asked about unix shell scripts and JDBC connectivity, testing methodology and configuration management.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied for Java Senior Software Developer position.

First HR manager checked my desired salary, notice period and other details like work status in Canada. Then book the interview time in the same time. There were three interviewers who asked me questions. First of all, they really struggled to talk in English and sometimes they don't know how to communicate their questions. I answered all the questions properly as I know how TCS interview questions would be. The questions are average and any 3 year Java candidate could answer those questions, especially candidates like me who worked in India.

The interview went around 40-60 mins and one interviewer tipped me that I don't have web based experience (I worked only on web applications for 6yrs). Still, they mentioned that they would call me back, but never did.

I would say TCS-Canada interviews for IT positions are nothing but a fake to fool the Canadian LMO policies. In order to bring Indian workers to Canada, they have to show that TCS couldn't find local resources in Canada.

Let's assume if TCS hired you for a position and the payment is 60k, then they have to keep you forever by paying 60k and benefits. But on the other hand, TCS can bring Indian candidates by paying them same 60k. The real twist is, after 2 years they will send Indian candidates back to India. For TCS, paying 60k for 2 years is easy comparing life long payment to local (Canadian) candidates.

Don't waste your time with TCS. It's my personal option and it may vary for others.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions in Java, J2EE, Javascript, Jquery, Agile concepts. Nothing was difficult I would say.   Answer Question