Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

C/C++ Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

most of interview was very quickly on phone first from HR then two technical phone call query and just one formal face to face interview that was not important.

Interview Questions

• Technical quest about C and Unix about threads unix editor and inter-process communication types   1 Answer

Hadoop Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Long interview with all the critical questions on Cloudera and Hortonworks hadoop, they want to understand the truth not just the theoretical concepts on hadoop or security. Its not difficult to crack if you know the subject, say no if you have not work on it and they will ask you something else which will be easy to answer if you have worked on it.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job through LI. Got call from HR and subsequently the technical team called after a week. The HR was very friendly and was accomodative of my schedule for the interview and even the technical team was nice. The technical interview lasted for nearly an hour. They started with experience and exposure to work environment, project experience, technical skills and tools knowledge. Then they went into the key skills required for the project and asked specific technical questions in Java/J2EE/JDBC/Spring/Hibernate. The questions started from basic and went into advance levels like multithreading, exception handling , Garbage collection etc. They asked about unix shell scripts and JDBC connectivity, testing methodology and configuration management.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

After looking at monster.ca, I have applied by email to the position and got an interview call. I was interviewed twice for testing my technical abilities, once for the Manegerial abilities and once by the HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Manual Testing, Differences between Functional, Performance, Unit, Regression, Load, Stress, Volume testing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

TCS HR was considerate and reasonable enough to negotiate. Didnt outright accept / deny my offer.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was in 3 steps: Phone interview after 1:1 with hiring manager and then with the reporting director. Whole process took 4-5 weeks before Role was offered.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the Client. This was a telphonic Interview with TCS person setting up the call. The interview lasted fro about 40 mins. In which about 15-20 mins were about the projects I had done.And in the remaining time, some basic .NET questions were asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at university career fair in Fall. Got called by the same woman in the following week, going over some behavioural questions and updating my resume as well as scheduling an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 3 other employees and the woman at career fair in a panel asking questions. The recruiter lady is VERY unprofessional as she ignored all my follow-up emails, leading me to conclude I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• basic OOP concepts, some details in C++ keywords, and general algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage was a 20 minute phone interview that mostly involved questions on past experiences , preferred technologies and explaining the training program that they have. Next was a 1 hour onsite interview. First 20 minutes involved typical behavior questions and then some previous experiences. Technical portion was mostly about Java (OOP concepts) and a little bit of SQL.

Interview Questions

• Abstract class vs interface. What is a singleton? Creating a SQL query.   Answer Question

ILP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, after a couple of weeks I was asked to come to an in person interview.

I was asked about the projects that I did at school and briefly about my programming experience.

Interview Questions

• My weaknesses and strength.   1 Answer

ILP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

the interview was divided into 2 parts.

There was a personality based questions interview handled over the phone, and a technical interview a month later where you would go on site.