Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

Someone from TCS Canada called after reviewing my resume in Monster. They were no so polite and instead of asking for the time for interview, they mentioned they'd like to interview the same day in the noon. The interview went on fine. It was very unprofessional and looked like they were faking the interview process. In the end, they mentioned I have done well and they would decide on the offer, but never got back since then. Another friend of mine, had a very similar experience and he mentioned that it is common for them to do such things just to get LMO approved for their employees in India. A mockery of Canadian LMO system.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Questions about previous projects. Salary expectations?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Client interviewed - as none of the members within TCS Canada had the confidence to challenge technical knowledge.
    HR interview to agree on salary + benefits - local Canadian hire
    No orientation
    No company ID issued after joining
    Its a big big body shop, that's it ...

work and get paid as long as you can't find your next career options ... don't stick around ... not worth the time, no career progression

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied by emailing a campus recruitment inbox. The email went out in July, and I received a reply in early September for a phone interview 2 weeks later.

Phone interview was straight forward - basic behavioural questions, description of the ILP Program (their new graduate position). If there were technical questions, they were simple in nature as I certainly remember nothing of note. I remember the phone call was short - ~20 minutes in length. Campus recruitment runs from Sept-Oct; I was invited at the end of October for an onsite in Toronto in mid November.

The onsite was one panel interview, 1 hour long. Basic technical questions were asked, mainly regarding OOP and Java. My background is in C, so I was asked to compare and contrast key concepts (e.g. memory allocation, data structures) between how they operate in C and Java. There were a couple questions regarding projects on my resume, as well as 2 formal problems. I received a verbal offer 3 days later, and a written offer the following week.

If selected you do have to complete a fairly (in my opinion) stupid information form about yourself - education, hobbies, etc., stuff you would find in Taleo/Brassring applications online. Note that the training for the ILP program is made more difficult this year (4 weeks in length still), with more emphasis on advanced Java concepts as well as the inclusion of front-end web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS).

Overall, drawn out process but extremely simple.

Interview Questions

• 1. Say I wanted to print an equilateral triangle of asterisks at the center of a monitor (row 1: *; row 2: * *; row 3: * * *; etc.), with the asterisks evenly spaced out. Describe the process/write pseudocode/code that would implement this logic.
      2. A variant of weighing objects on a scale, where one object is heavier than the rest. What is the minimum number of weightings that must be performed in order to find the heavier object?
      1 Answer

Declined as I had already accepted another offer. The offer is standard/slightly below for junior level roles in Toronto, with (arguably) subpar benefits/vacation.

Software Engineer (New Grad) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by TATA HR ( very helpful and nice person)about a month after handing in my resume at a career fair at a university campus. they scheduled me a phone interview - consisted of basic java questions and little SQL.
    i was contacted a week and half later and was given a verbal offer and requested my transcripts, a written offer was sent 3 days after.

overall was good process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was really good and i was content with it, so i did not negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

First round by the superior with whom you will work. This is moderate level difficult. Next level with the client side functional manager.

Interview Questions

• Experience in the related field for which you are being recruited. Explaining the experience in the technology area of the proposed project.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

phone technical interview. They called me and ask me some questions: how do you handle exceptions? What is a checked exception or un-checked exception? How do you make a thread? why do you use runnable not thread? what is singleton? what is serialization? Spring bean scope?
    How do you deploy a war or jar file on web server? How do you config a web server?

IT Analyst Level I and II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

First Screening
    They basically explain to you what the type of job it is and ask you if your would be ok with the opportunity. The Role that was offered was contract based and does have benefits

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was really simple. we did do a bit of calculation on how much it the hourly pay will be. But they did ask for a range

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through university job board.
    Fairly easy to get hired by TCS without much technical work experience.
    Applied for Software Developer position. At beginning of interview was asked if I'd be ok for QA position. I said yes.
    In person interview, 45 min max. Asked some general HR questions. Then asked some technical questions on Java and SQL. I answered about 50-60% of the technical questions correctly.
    Got the offer for QA Analyst after 2 or 3 weeks. They required background check and official Transcript.

Interview Questions

• Java: what will be printed at the end of this for loop.
      Write an SQL query to get some information with these specification.
      Answer Question

Technical Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

It was for the onsite opportunity, it was a mixture of technical and domain level.

Interview Questions

• Mainframe technical questions related to DB2, JCL, COBOL, VSAM. It wasnt something unusually different   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview, Initial Learning Training