Tata Consultancy Services Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2016

2.4

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

It was a walk in for Written Test and then a technical round followed by managerial round finally HR round. The whole process took 3 months with long wait. Tech round covered all the concepts in c,c++, Java.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The aptitude this year was a difficult score.
    It usually comes as a mass recruitment company within the campus. But however to the institutes surprise . TCS conducted a joint campus at some other third party place for their aptitude round required for their placement this year and this place was in powai. Normally in a college as a whole they take minimum 50 candidates. But since it was a joint campus there was an increase in the competition and to increase the bar to reduce the intake. The aptitude was a tough one to clear. Many colleges have received bad numbers.
    Aptitude had questions of geometry, age , relationships, profit and loss , percentages combined with work and time . I sincerely request all the candidates to prepare well. Campus gate is the best resource to pass through the aptitude test.Also after getting through the aptitude, the interviews were conducted at the office.

Interview Questions

• For my friends who cleared the difficult aptitude there were questions on C , Java and basic php   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy and the panelists made you feel comfortable. There was GD followed by PI. PI was based on HR and work ex. like tell about yourself, summer internship project, situation based questions, best college days, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself, family background, past experience, best college days, etc   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

1. Aptitude test (if Academics marks < Distinction %)
    - Maths
    - logical reasoning
    - English

2. Technical rounds (1 or 2 depends on performance)
    - Brief Introduction
    - Subject wise questions (basic)
    - details of academic project
    - IQ and logical questions

3. HR round (if necessary)
    - Brief Introduction
    - Hobbies and interests
    - Communication and confidence level

Interview Questions

• Brief Introduction, skill set, hobbies, project details   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, Tamil Nadu (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Salem, Tamil Nadu (India)).

Interview

Nothing much to describe on the interview process. Recruitment happened via college campus. As usual dumps were available to clear the aptitude test. Then a technical round with couple of questions on engineering back ground. A HR round which was surprisingly a technical round with questions on programming. However all questions were expected basic stuffs.

Application

Interview

The first round was a general aptitude test. Easy questions for anyone who has been practicing basic aptitude questions.
    There were 3 rounds of interviews.
    The first two rounds were fairly technical. They ask you about your internships/trainings and question you about the subjects you tell them you are good at. Not anything complicated, they want to make sure you have a good understanding of what you have been doing.
    The last round was HR. They test basic communication skills and your flexibility regarding working hours etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible with moving across the country as and when required by the company?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I gave off-campus test in FEB-2015, and cleared this round. Later I got a mail saying soon I will be getting the interview details like date and venue. Till date I haven't got anything from them.
    when I called and mailed them about my problem,
    They are saying recruitment process for this year is over and try next year.

Very bad experience.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in August 2014.

Interview

After submitting my CV through a friend to the HR guy, they interviewed me in English and Spanish. The guy asked me about my CV, and also checked my English level.

They have to fulfill a metric where they have to hire a certain amount of trainees per month, so they pretty much accept anyone into the program.

Interview Questions

• They wont tell you what you'll be doing, because they don't know either.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview Process usually consist of three rounds - GD followed by Aptitude test and the last round is PI. Usually GD and PI are not that difficult to clear. However, Aptitude test is difficult as majority of the candidates are eliminated in this round. Also, please ensure that you are aware of the job role you are applying for as there is lack of transparency.

Interview Questions

• What if I happened to meet your best friend and ask him about you, what would he say?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Campus placement.
    Direct interview for students with CGPA 7.5. Others have to clear aptitude first.
    Two stage interview.
    1. Technical Round- Basic concepts of programming and principles
    2. HR Round-Questions about your strengths, weaknesses, family etc.

Interview Questions

• None that comes to my mind. All questions were simple.   Answer Question