Tata Elxsi Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Elxsi Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

3.4

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi.

Interview

Written Test,Hr nd Technical interview
The first round was written.Set of questions about operating system,linux and quants.
many people were selected from the intial round .Say around 35.
Then they took an hr round.(note they send you first for hr or technical depending on which person is free).Had a nice chit-chat with hr.Clue-Try to be as cool as a cucumber .....if this helps.
Technical interview was for 15 mins at the max.I was the last person and my friend had gone previously.Had some idea and as funny as it sounds.I got the questions in same order too...
At last they announced results and around 25 of us had cleared.
Note:High probability of getting selected if we clear first round.As they take the cumulative score of all three rounds.If you do it well ,you stand a good chance

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult questions asked.The written test was a slightly tough   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Elxsi

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

One round of Gd, one technical round, one HR round
    This is only applicable for Engineering graduates.

Technical interview was longest and completely based on the CV made and the project done in engineering. HR interview was very generic

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATION FOR FRESHERS

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chengannur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Chengannur (India)).

Interview

Mine was campus recruitment held in college campus. There was a written test and those who cleared had technical round and HR round. Result was announced the same day and offer letter was mailed to me.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palakkad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Palakkad (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of 1 hour aptitude(Verbal and quantitative) and then technical interview.If shortlisted, one has to attend HR interview.Verbal:Reading passage and comprehension questions.
    Analytical:questions on blood relations, permutation and combination.Quantitative:Time and Distance, Boats and streams, Train, Algebra.Core:Electronics-Digital electronics, ICs, VLSI, Digital system design, Computer organisation and architecture.
    After shortlisting, I had to attend Technical interview wherein one must be thorough in basics, applications, problem solving.It'd be easy if he/she is preparing for GATE .
    They are looking out for people who are genuinely interested to work for them as it is a core company.Finally an HR interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you mean by Darlington pair? They will ask questions from one of your favorite core papers.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied to TATA Elxsi from my college.The first round consisted of 90 questions for 90 minutes.It had 3 sections 1)Verbal Section 2)Analytical 3)Technical .The verbal section was a bit lengthy with 2 big(1.5 page) comprehension passages.Analytical section was easy.Technical section consisted 30 questions.There were 2 sets of paper one for computer science background people and the other Electronics.I took the Electronics paper.Questions covered the basics of all the subjects studied in the three years.
    Second round was the technical interview,after knowing that i knew java he asked me about exception handling in java and about the static keyword.I was asked to explain all the layers of the OSI model .He also asked me to explain an one protocol in detail.

Interview Questions

• Explain all layers of the OSI model and describe any one protocol in detail.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

HR round first then Technical.
    HR - Interviewed by the head of recruitment. Very cool.
    Technical - Average, interviewed by a young senior engineer. Friendly interview.
    Questions from C, C++, DS, OS, Networks and SE.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to get located in Trivandrum?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Only asked about project and C in a all the interviews. 3 rounds were there after clearing apti. 2 technical rounds and 1 hr round. NO GD was the best thing about it.

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Coimbatore (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus placement. The interview process was very simple. The first round was aptitude. Had 90 questions which is to be solved in one and a half hours. The shortlisted students go for technical round. After that we have HR. Technical round was very simple and they ask your area of interest and ask questions from it. Hr people were friendly and enthusiastic. They were full of life and vibrant. They Made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have offices in chennai, Coimbatore, pune, Bangalore and thiruvandram. You have to join wherever they want you to. I was placed and hopefully will get the call letter after I graduate. Salary is average but I am sure you could learn a lot.

Application

Interview

It all started from my projects and the things i learnt from it. Then it went to core electronics but only the very basics were asked. After that he asked about C...n a hell lot of snippets...programs, etc.

Interview Questions

• Arrow put on BJT emitter represents what??   1 Answer

Application

Interview

There were 3 rounds which was very simple. First round was aptitude. MCQ questions . It was not online.It contained two sections one section purely aptitude, next is related to our course,Since I am Computer Science, questions were from my area.
    Next round is Technical round.
    Experiences in this round varied with the panel members. For me, the interview went on for about an hr. He asked me questions from database, C++,Java, Data Structures and my projects.
    Next round was HR, which was really easy just couple of personal questions and thats it.

Interview Questions

• What is singleton class? Write a program to implement Threads in Java   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not