Tata Elxsi Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

3.2

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi.

Interview

Written Test,Hr nd Technical interview
The first round was written.Set of questions about operating system,linux and quants.
many people were selected from the intial round .Say around 35.
Then they took an hr round.(note they send you first for hr or technical depending on which person is free).Had a nice chit-chat with hr.Clue-Try to be as cool as a cucumber .....if this helps.
Technical interview was for 15 mins at the max.I was the last person and my friend had gone previously.Had some idea and as funny as it sounds.I got the questions in same order too...
At last they announced results and around 25 of us had cleared.
Note:High probability of getting selected if we clear first round.As they take the cumulative score of all three rounds.If you do it well ,you stand a good chance

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult questions asked.The written test was a slightly tough   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Elxsi

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi.

Interview

Tata Elxsi on campus interview.
    The entire process can be sectioned into three rounds. The first round was a written test which had 60 questions based on logical reasoning and verbal ability and 30 questions on computer science/electronics depending on the candidate's engineering branch. The technical questions were mostly theoretical. This was an elimination round and around half of us qualified for the next round.
    The next round was a technical interview which was for about an hour. The questions were based on my projects and technical subjects like database management systems, operating systems and networks. There were a couple of simple coding questions which had to be done in C. Then there were a few questions on C/C++. I had to write a couple of simple SQL queries as well. Those who cleared this round were called for the HR interview. This was a short round and was mostly about my interests,hobbies, job location,projects and work life. Those selected were informed.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Coimbatore (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Campus Placements - Initial filtering was a aptitude,verbal and a electronics core written rounds of 90 questions in 90 minutes.Aptitude had many questions.About 22 people were shortlisted from 100. Interview was very simple and basic.

Interview Questions

• About your project and embedded systems and some of C basics   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The hiring was an entire day's process. The company visited the college campus. First level was a written test followed by Technical interview and then a HR interview. The technical interview went on for about 20 minutes.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through online and got a hallticket to attend interview. The process completed within a day.
    The interview process consist of only 3 stages.
    1. Written Test(Paper & Pen) - It consist of totally 3 sections
                                  i)English - Easy
                                  ii)Analytical, Reasoning, Quants- Easy (All are mixed)
                                  iii)Computer - Difficult (because i am computer science student i opted for computer, their is also electronic paper for others)
    And then they announced the result at 1pm, asked us to return for the technical at 2pm
    2. Technical Hr - What ever we have in our resume they are asking related to that only, Nothing special.
     Questions:
        Method Overloading, Overridding
        Difference b/w finally, final
        Asked me write s code
        Explain about the project
    I got through above two rounds and was selected for general hr
    3. General Hr- It is for the communication checking
     But i was rejected in General HR.
                All the best for the future guys, Whatever it comes do your best in interviews. But don't be in distress if you didn't make in this. If you are not get this means the big one is waiting for you in future. Don't ever loose your hope in yourself

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi in September 2017.

Interview

I cleared first round of interview and I entered into technical round I answered most of the questions they asked and they told that I was in hold and it on hold till now

Interview Questions

• if u r ECE fresher then they ask simple basic electroNics questions and basic programming languages.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

Interview

It was a walkin drive. The process had 3 rounds. First was writtern exam in an omr sheet. 90 qns - 90 mins (analytical reasoning , verbal, electronics)
    Then Technical Hr and a formal HR interview.

Interview Questions

• C programming (bitwise operations), projects mentioned in resume, symbol for npn and pnp transistors   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjavur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Thanjavur (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

i applied via university . The interview was quiet good and the panel members were friendly.
    the questions are basics from your core and mainly from your project. prepare completely about your project and talk confidently. if you dont know something please say i dont know.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

Interview

One round of Gd, one technical round, one HR round
    This is only applicable for Engineering graduates.

Technical interview was longest and completely based on the CV made and the project done in engineering. HR interview was very generic

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATION FOR FRESHERS

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chengannur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Chengannur (India)).

Interview

Mine was campus recruitment held in college campus. There was a written test and those who cleared had technical round and HR round. Result was announced the same day and offer letter was mailed to me.