Tata Elxsi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tata Elxsi

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

After several reschedulings interview was done. Very technical and in depth. Not very much into the job role. Even for entry level position they expect you to have expertise in every skill and tools.

And pay was far below the market value. As I have another offer, didn't got in touch for feedback.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview, then a screening interview. For lesser experience candidates, the screening will be mostly though exams. Once completed these two sections, there will be technical interviews. That can be 1,2 or 3 rounds as per the requirements and demand. If the person is selected by all of these stages, there will be HR interview. HR interview also can be two level sometimes. 2nd level will be mostly for the persons who are getting the offer letter.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi.

Interview

Written Test,Hr nd Technical interview
    The first round was written.Set of questions about operating system,linux and quants.
    many people were selected from the intial round .Say around 35.
    Then they took an hr round.(note they send you first for hr or technical depending on which person is free).Had a nice chit-chat with hr.Clue-Try to be as cool as a cucumber .....if this helps.
    Technical interview was for 15 mins at the max.I was the last person and my friend had gone previously.Had some idea and as funny as it sounds.I got the questions in same order too...
    At last they announced results and around 25 of us had cleared.
    Note:High probability of getting selected if we clear first round.As they take the cumulative score of all three rounds.If you do it well ,you stand a good chance

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult questions asked.The written test was a slightly tough   1 Answer

Embedded Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi in December 2018.

Interview

I contacted through the recruiter. They scheduled the WhatsApp interview. I most awkward interview I have given in my life. It seems like that person was forced to take my interview. Besides his face expression was the most awkward I have ever seen. He was continuously giving different expression while we were talking seems like he is really annoyed from the beginning. Even he suddenly hung up the call just say goodbye. My question is even if you are not interested in taking an interview why would you call the applicant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your projects?
      Basic C++ programming question   Answer Question

Project Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi in July 2012.

Interview

one face to face interview at the location, with 1 hr discussion about basic programming knowledge in C. Interview was very much relaxed and it depends on the interviewer.

Design and Development Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Initially we had a aptitude test. Later we had a one on one interview. The questions were very technical and challenging. Basics were questioned to the core. Some unexpected questions regarding core system design were also asked. Then the HR round. It was almost one hour. Only one questioned was asked again and again to check our confidence.

Interview Questions

• In fact the difficult question was "What would you do if another company with the same reputation offers you a job with a higher package." It was difficult as it was the only question being asked for over 30 min in different ways possible/   Answer Question

Wifi Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

this position is related WiFi testing in CA. The interview has happened one month ago with this client. They asked about all the questions which are related to wireless but the end of the day they rejected me

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Full day process
    Aptitude test conducted by merittrack.
    1hr technical interview
    Mostly about analog circuits and basic concepts in electronics, digital design , dsp . They test our acquired knowledge and skill to apply what we learnt. Technical interview was one on one. It was a pleasent experience.
    15min Hr interview
    Asked basic questions , casual talk like . Family , academics etc.

Associate Interview

Application

Interview

ON CAMPUS RECRUITMENT.
    1. Aptitude
    2. Written test (For english proficiency)
    3. Technical interview
    4. HR Interview

The interview panel was very friendly (it was their first time coming to our campus for recruitment). The HR interview was mostly to study our thought process and see through our loopholes. The questions were more of a simple sort for which the interviewer rxpected very simple answers.

Interview Questions

• How to measure the height of a tall building hypothetically, but without use of any measurement instruments?   1 Answer

I had made up my mind fr higher sudies

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Elxsi (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

first round was aptitude having questions from quant , verbal, reasoning and technical....quant was easy more question were based on venn diagram.....in verbal.....there was 2 long passages and some grammer questions which were very simple.....reasoning was also simple...only technical was tought.....questions were from every field of electronics......digital electronics...analog.....microcontroller...microprocessor....and questions were also from electrical circuits........

Interview Questions

• in interview ....the questions were mainly from project and basic C programming....   Answer Question