Tata Motors Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

3.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Campus recruitment procedure:

The day started with an aptitude test: It was a mix of mechanical, electrical and statistical questions. Students appeared: 30

Group discussion: On the basis of results from Aptitude test, group discussion round conducted with around 10 selected candidates on current affairs.

Personal interview: Technical, Managerial and HR rounds

Final offer made : 2 people

Interview Questions

• Ohm's law,
    Derivation of survival/failure distribution of an electric bulb.
    Proof of some mechanical and statistical concepts
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Lucknow (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, first is technical and the second is with higher management, general question about the current profile, some diagrammatic questions if applicable, how will you use your skills , what are your weakness and strengths, how will you overcome your weakness, how will your strengths help you in your job

Interview Questions

• what are the challenges you think are there for the profile which you have opted for   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Preliminary 2 rounds of telephonic interview followed by face to face interview. The interview room was not very comfortable as the interviewers were sitting quite far away on the other side of a big (dinning type) table .

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about my present job profile.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)).

Interview

lengthy process, takes lot of time. onc on board then there is no care from HR. No Bank account opening help. Onc ehas to go through lot of places to places for getting other departmental signs. Overall exhaustive day.

Interview Questions

• whic author's book did you study in your final year of education?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing. No negotiation. Had to accept the offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Its a Group interview. A Panel of three top grade managers took my interview. First they check my IQ with a simple IQ Test followed by Technical Interview (where they much focus on automotive fundamentals, testing) and that is followed by HR Interview. After selection, they proceed with a background checkup (it took 4 months to complete that process).

Interview Questions

• About Projects handled, Automotive basics, IQ Test, Testing of Automotive Electrical components   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase is occurred. They accepted to give what I had expected from them.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2013.

Interview

campus recruitment Drive

Interview Questions

• Prioritize Horizons that you look in the company for yourself after 5 years?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamshedpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Jamshedpur (India)).

Interview

It was my campus placement round in the year of July, 2008 when I first encountered the Tata Motors recruitment process. I was given 40 questions each on technical and aptitude test sections. Technical section was a bit more easy. GD was followed with the written test and selection ration was 1:10 almost. The PI round was the last one and among 40 of us only 3 were selected, Fortunately I was the first one. In PI round, the questions were conceptual and based on fundamentals. I was asked to design a constant RPM motor with variable current load. I was successful in doing this only because of the supportive environment created by them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As a fresher, the negotiation process was just a formality only, but I received better than the industry average.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Written test, GD, Interview. Everything is pretty simple. They just test your personality mostly.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the bhp of my bike. I didn't remember that so I passed.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Mumbai (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

1.HR ROUND
    2.OPERATIONS ROUND
    3.BUSINESS HEAD

The interview took whole day for all the 3 rounds.The overall experience was not bad & The HR's are bit inactive & i got a offer letter after 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Generally there are 3 interviews, and all are personal/HR questions. There are no technical interviews.
      The questions are incident based, as in, the candidate is expected to quote incidents from his/her life to answer each question. For example - you may be asked to describe the toughest decision you've made…
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

Campus Interview. They were late for a flight so were very brief. Only technical interview. Asked me about the subjects I have learnt in B.Tech and one question leads to another and another. only 15 mins interview.

Interview Questions

• Focus on the basics particularly IC engines and you would be fine.   Answer Question