Tata Motors Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

3.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Good process took a long time process consist of aptitude followed by the group discussion and then two rounds of personal interview. Interview consist of simple questions based on project and the interns done.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

Engineer Interview

Interview

They conducted online test through AMCAT in my college. so there is no mark of tata motors in written test. The test include Verbal,Quant and technical. The online test followed by GD and interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

it was good to have an interview with Tata Motors. I was joining for the position of engineer. the opening was for Pantnagar plant.
    its very environment-friendly plant. Interview was with HR and technica team . the questions were moreover about how to maintain the quality of product with use of new technology.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave the current job.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

written test followed by gd and pi

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Campus Placement
          - Paper Test
          - Group Discussion
          - Personal Interview
          - HR

Negotiation

It was campus placement so no negotiation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Ahmedabad (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

I gone from an consultant normally they wont give you full detail..same as with me but that was not too much..interview was gud completed in 2round man management and qiality theae are key requirement for the people dealing with himan being is very common and quality is for all not for any specofic person

Interview Questions

• Key factor to get maximum from your bottom level team   1 Answer

Salary and designation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

1) Aptitude Round: It consists of an Aptitude Test where each question was to be answered in 45 sec.
    The difficulty level of questions were more than average and if you are a CAT aspirant you will not face much problem in clearing the this test
    2) technical Round: The technical round covered almost all kinds of subjects. So people who have learned basics of each and every subject carefully will be able to answer few questions. The questions are not straight, you have to strain your brain to answer these technical questions. Basics need to be strong.
    3) G.D. This round was as usual G.D. But the best part was people from invigilator panel interfered in the discussion. So you have to be very attentive while people speak.
    4) Interview: It was very cool. People sitting there in the panel will surely make you feel comfortable. I think, it depends on how you present your knowledge. It is OK if you are not able to answer 1-2 questions.

Interview Questions

• Difference between 2 stroke engine and 4 stroke engine? there were few sub questions on the same question.   1 Answer
    • they showed me few objects in the room and asked me how they can be manufactured?   1 Answer
    • They asked me what is the meaning of BMW, 305 series, 505 series?Also questions like meaning TATA 207,407.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not about negotiating. It was about being cool and present yourself as competitive as possible. I will advice everyone that it is a great company with great values.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Mumbai (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

not so knowledgeable interview panel
    one technical question and more of HR related issues
    stress on soft skills