Tata Motors GET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors GET Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.1

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

For GETs TATA Motors has a very simple interview process. They have an initial online written test and a following on campus interview if you clear the online test. The interviewers ask you questions about your resume and previous projects. Some questions like why do you want to join the company and where do you see yourself in 5 years are common.

Interview Questions

• List possible factors for low fuel efficiency in cars.   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

The interview was very good. The questions were mainly asked from resume. The interviewers were very friendly. The test was pretty easy. But i could not clear the interview. If you are a girl then you get the job easily.

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

19 students were shortlisted for the Interview process out of around 60 applicants from Mechanical Department of our Institute. The Interview process was easy and consisted of only the technical part. Questions asked were very basic and fundamental and the panel was supportive enough throughout the interview process. The Interview lasted for about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your projects   1 Answer
    • Draw and explain P-V and H-S diagrams for SI and CI Engines   Answer Question
    • Basic concepts like heat transfer, surface tension, viscosity etc were asked.   Answer Question
    • What happens when petrol is supplied to diesel engine and diesel is supplied to a petrol engine?   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silchar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Silchar (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two main processes :-
    1. Online AMCAT evaluation test
       **It consisted of : personality test, quantitative, logical reasoning, technical(branch specific), english comprehension, work completency.DONOT take personality and work completency test lightly. It is as important as other sections. There are sectional cutoffs and no negative marking.
    2. Personal interview round(Technical + HR)

Interview Questions

• 1.tell me about yourself?
      2.what is your favourite subject?
      3.how to control of dc shunt motor?
      4.what are different temperature sensors?
      5.why we need synchronism at the generation side?
      6.what are the different parts of a tubelight?
      Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Panipat (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

first :written test with five sections
    aptitude, psychometry, verbal, technical and psychology
    then there was interview .. i was from civil branch.... it was one on one..... technical interview took place on phone and hr interview was face to face.... it was not so long.. the whole interview lasted 20 min.

Interview Questions

• why tata?
      further plans like mba or not?
      describe tata in one line?
      Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

General questions based on CV, and other extracurricular, projects etc.
    focus was on extracurriculars. They check if you are ready to work in any dept, eg shopfloor, etc.
    Separate interview for Sales manager. Overall process is not difficult. They are more interested in your dedication for job at the company. I was also asked if I had any plans for higher studies.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

first there was aptitude + technicle test,then direct interview
    out of 70 20 were shortlisted,their main preference was grls.all the technicle questions were related to cars.where electronics is used?what is the rrole of elecctrical engineer

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First there was a Test, which had different sections for Aptitude, Technical and Psychometry.
    Most of the shortlisting was done on this basis.
    The Interview consisted of 2 panelist one from HR and one from one of the technical section of the company.
    The Interview was around internships and project that I did during my college.

Interview Questions

• The one question one should always be ready for is Favorite Subject. (One should be prepared with the Sound knowledge of the same)   Answer Question

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors in September 2016.

Interview

first round was online test followed by PI.tata group test are conducted on amcat platform.test comprises of english ,quant,ogical,technical.psychometric and work place contemplacy questions.
    PI was on the next day.
    score good in the online test try to remain in the top 5 pos in online test .it affects a lot in your PI

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

Interview

I applied through college/university.First round was written test.The test was taken on Amcat. it had 5 parst . Psychometric,Verbal,Quantitative aptitude,Logical Reasoning and Competency Test.Aptitude Part was easy to do. You can do it easily if you have done Arun Sharma and have been practicing aptitude. Dont take Psychometric and Competency lightly. It plays a very good role in shortlisting. After This around 40 Students were shortlisted for interviews.Interviewers were calm and cool.I fumbled in the beginning itself.Then he offered me water.They emphasize mainly on your CV.Prepare your CV very well. Dont fake anything in it if you cant justify.the few questions from RAC and few from my College project. Finally 12 Students were selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Questions from Internship. Questions from Proeject.   Answer Question