Tata Motors GET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors GET Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Motors

3.1

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

For GETs TATA Motors has a very simple interview process. They have an initial online written test and a following on campus interview if you clear the online test. The interviewers ask you questions about your resume and previous projects. Some questions like why do you want to join the company and where do you see yourself in 5 years are common.

Interview Questions

• List possible factors for low fuel efficiency in cars.   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors in September 2012.

Interview

Online test; GD; PI

Interview Questions

• Aero foil design and its origin(basics); All basic high school standard questions on Avogadro's No., Bernouli's Eqn., Archemedes Principle, etc.   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Varanasi (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Writtten test followed by GD then PI.

Interview Questions

• Need to prepare technical questions, for mech guys specially material sc.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Application

Interview

1 round: online aptitude test of 140 minutes.
     - 25 questions on English grammar and vocabulary - it was easy
     - 25 questions on logical reasoning - average
     - 25 numerical aptitude questions most emphasize was given on probability, permutation & combination, interests, etc - bit time consuming
     - 80 questions related to personality - no preparation is needed, easily you can answer
     - 25 technical questions, only theoretical one, bit difficult. need to have wide knowledge

35 were selected out of 200

2 round: GD
    topic: is quality in India a myth
    9 were selected out of 35

3round: Tech/HR interview
    both were in single interview. it lasted for about 40min.
    questions on machine design ( gear design, bearing design), heat transfer (conduction, convection, radiation, fins, radiator working ), manufacturing process ( they show some object and ask how it is manufactured like vaccume flask, types of joints used in industries, reason for their failure), IC engines were asked along with my projects.

in hr some common questions like tell about u, challenges faced, critical situation, hobbies, interests, etc

2 were selected out of 9

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very nice to work. very good salary will be offered.

Application

Interview

Aspiring minds online test... gd and then interview.. technical questions in interview were simple and they took 9 out of 10 from nit bhopal . main consideration was on the score you got in written examination

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors in August 2012.

Interview

1st Round was 2.5 hours online test consisting of aptitude,technical,psychometric,logical,verbal sections. Test duration was the biggest challenge as it takes quite a toll on you when you reach the last section i.e. technical. 2nd Round was Group discussion, topics were general,more than your communication skills,the points that you gave were given more weightage. 3rd round was Personal interview in which they scanned your CV,you should be thorough with anything that you have written in your CV and in technical you should have ample knowledge about automotive-engines,components,etc.

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

I interviewed at Tata Motors (Ranchi (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

It had a no. of steps for the selection process that are written test GD and PI . They check the complete personality of a person fo hiring.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors in August 2012.

Interview

written exam(apti+personality ques+technical).Those shortlisted appeared for GD.Students shortlisted after GD appeared for PI which was technical as well as HR(in a single interview).

Interview Questions

• all the questions asked were simple and were focussed on testing ur confidence..   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Tiruchchirappalli (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Comprised a written test followed by a group discussion and finally a technical cum hr interview. The written test had a technical paper, apti and personality test. Group discussion topic was about Anna Hazare.

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Vellore (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Firstly, Tata Motors online written test was conducted which consisted of verbal reasoning, aptitude,pesonality test & Technical rounds.
    After this round shortlisted people were sent for GD.
    Last & final round was that of Technical+HR interview.
    Finally the select list was announced after 1/2 an hour of interview process.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult ques for me was to tell about my weaknesses & elaborate it.   Answer Question
    • In Technical round , they asked the difference b/w petrol & diesel engine torque & speed characteristics with respect to Traffic behavior of Vehicles.   Answer Question