Tata Motors Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Motors

2.9

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

5 Rounds of Aptitude test, Followed by the Group Discussion and the a 45 minutes of interview. Completely HR based interview from Manufacturing Head. Very few technical questions on powertrain, Latest Hybrid technology in Prius & Why Tata Motors?

Interview Questions

• How long will you stay in our company?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

On campus interview:
    Selected the resume and asked for a 1 hour on campus interview.
    Interviewed by 2 managers from manufacturing and sales/service teams. Asked about my previous projects and internships.

Interview Questions

• Previous internships, projects?
      What dept within TML are you interested in ?
      Stress strain curves, mechanics of solids questions   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 3 stages.
    First was a written test which had 5 sections(english, quant, logical, behavioural aptitude and Tech(ofcourse)). The written exam had sectional cut offs so it is important to perform good in all the sections.
    The second round was a Group Discussion.
    The third one was personal interview( both HR and Tech).
    There was elimination after each stage.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question they asked was about the model numbers of the commercial vehicles(basically, on what basis are they numbered like that)   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Patna, Bihar (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

As the company came to my institute for recruiting, it made eligible students from only Mechanical Engineering to appear for the test.
    It was a two-day process!
    A Computer Based Test(CBT) which was conducted by Aspiring Minds followed by the Personal Interview which was held the very next day.
    The CBT had various sections like General Aptitude, English, Technical, Psychometic Analysis and Work Competency Test.
    Questions were both easy and tough, but having a good technical knowledge will help you in attempting more of them.There wasn't any negative marking as such!!

Interview Questions

• Basics of Strength of Materials.

IC Engines - The questions can be a mix of both basics & the latest technologies trending in the field of Automobiles.It's better to read about some of the latest technologies in the field of interest that you choose..

Manufacturing- They will ask you this in deep for sure as they are taking you in a place where you'll see the actual manufacturing processes, so naturally they want to test you before hand!

Your training and projects!
      Since I had done my training & project in the same manufacturing firm, they asked me the question as,"Please explain what you did in your training.Why you did it? What benefits did you reap out of it? And then do explain what was the thing that made you do a project in the very same facility?"
      And yes, they did dive into the depths of both- my trainigs and projects!
      This is a section in your CV that you should be well-versed in!!   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Analytical and thorough

Interview Questions

• Technical questions and that too very brief and about higher studies   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Ranchi (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring comprised of 3 steps- written round involving both technical and aptitude questions, Group Discussion round including some very general topics and one Technical interview round involving questions from one's own branch like if you are a student of electronics and communication, you may expect them to ask questions from digital electronics, microprocessrors etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I think everbody should go for it...

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

First a test was conducted which was divided into 4 parts with a duration of 2 hours.The 4 parts are quantitative ability(30 n 40 mins),verbal ability(30 in 40 mins),personality test(80 questions in 10 mins),technical(30 in 40 mins).Then top 10% of the candidates were selected for group discussion.10 member groups were formed and were given topics mainly based on current affairs.The ones who had displayed good confidence and had given strong and logical points were selected, grammatical mistakes during communication didn't matter much.Then we were called for the final interview.

Actually i was 17th in line for the interview and i had to wait till 12:00 am for my chance to come.The interviewers consisted of 2 technical people and 1 HR representative.They were interviewing the candidates from 4'o clock in the evening but still they were very active , showed no signs of exhaustion and acted in a very friendly manner.first they asked me about myself and they interrupted me in some occasions to get a detailed picture about my projects and internships.after that some technical questions were asked,i was able to answer some and then they started asking tougher questions.at this stage i said i am not that good in technical knowledge and started saying about my extracurricular activities and co-curricular activities.they enthusiastically asked me to explain and i said that i am multi-tasker and good at managing things and corroborated by telling them about my participation in competitions,the prizes i won in quizzes and the roles which i held in college clubs etc. then they asked some GK questions and my opinions on current political scenarios. mostly the interview went on good note and they gave much importance to honesty, presence of mind and multitasking.during the interview i gave some witty answers and they also cracked some jokes in the initial phase of interview to make me comfortable and be at ease.

Interview Questions

• is creation of small states in India good or bad for the country?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Bhopal (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was undertaken at campus. First a written test was conducted followed by Group discussion and interview.
    Topics in group discussion were common related to current affairs.
    Interview too was general that concentrated on projects and trainings carried out. Questions were asked based on the working of automobiles

Interview Questions

• most of the questions were common and easy but a question which i felt unexpected was:
      describe the main functional of an electric motors employed in a car.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i completely described the project that i carried out which was matching the field of interest of the interviewer and described how i could be helpful to the organisation.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Tata Motors Came to our college as part of annual campus recruitment drive. There were three stages in the selection process. Written Test followed by a group discussion & then the final interview. Results were declared after the final interviews of all selected candidates were completed. All rounds were elimination with maximum elimination during written test.

Interview Questions

• The candidate is asked to fill a form giving complete info about his academics, projects undertaken & extra-curricular interests. Questions are asked based on information you provide to the employer and if you are not honest about any information there is a possibility of getting caught off-guard by the interviewers   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

A written test which included aptitude and branch related questions (Electronics in my case), was followed by a GD round. Group of 10 were considered at a time out of which 1 or 2 were selected. Then there was 1 interview round which was a mix of technical and HR both. 2 people took this round.

Interview Questions

• Name today's technology/application related to use of electronics engineering in automobiles.   2 Answers