Tata Motors Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

5 Rounds of Aptitude test, Followed by the Group Discussion and the a 45 minutes of interview. Completely HR based interview from Manufacturing Head. Very few technical questions on powertrain, Latest Hybrid technology in Prius & Why Tata Motors?

Interview Questions

• How long will you stay in our company?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Patna, Bihar (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

As the company came to my institute for recruiting, it made eligible students from only Mechanical Engineering to appear for the test.
    It was a two-day process!
    A Computer Based Test(CBT) which was conducted by Aspiring Minds followed by the Personal Interview which was held the very next day.
    The CBT had various sections like General Aptitude, English, Technical, Psychometic Analysis and Work Competency Test.
    Questions were both easy and tough, but having a good technical knowledge will help you in attempting more of them.There wasn't any negative marking as such!!

Interview Questions

• Basics of Strength of Materials.

IC Engines - The questions can be a mix of both basics & the latest technologies trending in the field of Automobiles.It's better to read about some of the latest technologies in the field of interest that you choose..

Manufacturing- They will ask you this in deep for sure as they are taking you in a place where you'll see the actual manufacturing processes, so naturally they want to test you before hand!

Your training and projects!
      Since I had done my training & project in the same manufacturing firm, they asked me the question as,"Please explain what you did in your training.Why you did it? What benefits did you reap out of it? And then do explain what was the thing that made you do a project in the very same facility?"
      And yes, they did dive into the depths of both- my trainigs and projects!
      This is a section in your CV that you should be well-versed in!!   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pilani (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

amcat aspiring minds test+ presentation by the hr executive with interview with panel of 3 people----1 hr+ 1 technical expert+ 1 hr & technical ; test was tough and you need to practice basic gate questions to qualify for the test, entire interview panel was cordial.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, about internship, cold working, turbocharger, airbag system, mig welding, latest emission norms, HR was unexpected-- asked to define passion and aggression, do I have these traits? and if my boss abuses me what should I do? asked about hobbies (mine was hockey) asked about maj. dhyanchand.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Surat (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

There was an aptitude test with quant, verbal ,technical, psychometry and work competency test. The test duration was around 2 hours.Afterwards, there was interview round. Interview round consisted of both technical and HR. The interview duration was average 20 mins.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)).

Interview

Was interviewed by an HR manager and a senior manager at TML. They came down to Kharagpur from Jamshedpur for the on-campus interview. There was a Group Discussion in the first round, followed by an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was highly conversational with some behavioral questions and a basic discussion about my final year project   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Varanasi (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through college/university. The process took two days. It was a 2 round process.The first round was a written test and second was interview. I was interviewed at Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) in 2015.

Interview Questions

• The written test was of multiple choice questions of aptitude and department specific problems (mine was electrical). One needs to solve basic gate level mcq's to pass the test. The interview process was smooth. The questions were based on the core project listed in the resume. For the electrical profile, they tested the basic concepts of electrical machines and drives, analog and digital electronics.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure that you are medically fit before considering the offer or else you may be rejected.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Warangal (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

i applied through college . first round was online test in amcat . it had 80 personality assesment questions , 25 technical, 25 verbal , 30 numerical. and then we had hr interview.interview was quite easy.7 students got selected from our college.mechanical and eee students wer selected mostly. all the best

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process took place through college recruitment cell.A written round of technical and aptitude questions were conducted by AIMCAT.The standard of the questions were easy and similar to all the recruiting companies tests. After the written test some students were shortlisted for the PI.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the working principle of tube light and ceiling fan   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Engineering Campus (Nepal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Engineering Campus (Nepal)) in September 2015.

Interview

A day before interview, AMCAT test was conducted. The test had 4 rounds. The aptitude, quantitative and verbal sections were extremely easy. Technical questions were tough. About 30% of eligible students were selected for next round.

There was no GD. PI was directly taken by three panelists. Duration of interview for almost every student was around half an hr. My interview went slightly longer.

The HR and technical interviews were taken together, with HR questions alternating with technical questions sometimes. The HR questions asked were basic (Why Tata motors? Long term goals)
    The technical questions centred on the CV. Mostly project and internship related questions were ask. 70% time of my interview was spent in discussing my project.
    Also some questions were asked about our areas of interests in studies.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

basic but practical. overall tests your basic engineering skills. very good and interactive interview. basic technical ques from your dept . they respect your knowledge and appreciate honesty. very enthusiastic and supportive through out the interview

Interview Questions

• working of everyday electrical objects-fans light etc   1 Answer