Tata Motors Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Motors

2.9

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

5 Rounds of Aptitude test, Followed by the Group Discussion and the a 45 minutes of interview. Completely HR based interview from Manufacturing Head. Very few technical questions on powertrain, Latest Hybrid technology in Prius & Why Tata Motors?

Interview Questions

• How long will you stay in our company?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

On campus interview:
    Selected the resume and asked for a 1 hour on campus interview.
    Interviewed by 2 managers from manufacturing and sales/service teams. Asked about my previous projects and internships.

Interview Questions

• Previous internships, projects?
      What dept within TML are you interested in ?
      Stress strain curves, mechanics of solids questions   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 3 stages.
    First was a written test which had 5 sections(english, quant, logical, behavioural aptitude and Tech(ofcourse)). The written exam had sectional cut offs so it is important to perform good in all the sections.
    The second round was a Group Discussion.
    The third one was personal interview( both HR and Tech).
    There was elimination after each stage.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question they asked was about the model numbers of the commercial vehicles(basically, on what basis are they numbered like that)   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

hiring process includes 1 aptitude plus technical round then group discussion then followed by PI. my group discussion topic was correlation between education and success. others topic were is quality a myth in india, is china a threat to india likewise. aptitude test was normal . questions from power plant were also asked. best of luck to all of you if you are appearing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

PREPARE FOR TECHNICAL VERY WELL

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

Interview

Technical ( core mechanical engineering) and aptitude(logical ability) tests, followed by group discussion. this was followed by technical and HR rounds of interviews. Each of these rounds were eliminating in nature.Technical Interviews were based on one's resume, his/her projects and experiences. They also included a few basic mechanical engineering questions.The interviews lasted for 20-30 mins per candidate

Interview Questions

• What are the features to be kept in mind while 1) designing a car? 2) buying a car? What are the differences?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

Interview

It was Campus placement.
    Selection process:
    Shortlist By Resumes, Aptitude Test, Technical Test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview, HR Interview.
    Aptitude has 4 sections: logical reasoning, Quantitave, English, Technical.
    GD topic: Quality is myth in India, Smart working vs hard working.
    Techincal interview: basic questions of power electronics - e.g. Difference b/w SCR and resistor.
    HR interview: simple.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

online test: it was in four section, for every section different time was allocated. it was a adaptive test. you cannot go ahead without answering a question and neither can review the previous question . technical was tough but rest was easy
    gd: in my case gd was not taken.

interview: mainly they were asking the basic of electronics.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

A written test which included aptitude and branch related questions (Electronics in my case), was followed by a GD round. Group of 10 were considered at a time out of which 1 or 2 were selected. Then there was 1 interview round which was a mix of technical and HR both. 2 people took this round.

Interview Questions

• Name today's technology/application related to use of electronics engineering in automobiles.   2 Answers

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Analytical and thorough

Interview Questions

• Technical questions and that too very brief and about higher studies   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Ranchi (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring comprised of 3 steps- written round involving both technical and aptitude questions, Group Discussion round including some very general topics and one Technical interview round involving questions from one's own branch like if you are a student of electronics and communication, you may expect them to ask questions from digital electronics, microprocessrors etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I think everbody should go for it...