Tata Motors Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Motors

2.9

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

5 Rounds of Aptitude test, Followed by the Group Discussion and the a 45 minutes of interview. Completely HR based interview from Manufacturing Head. Very few technical questions on powertrain, Latest Hybrid technology in Prius & Why Tata Motors?

Interview Questions

• How long will you stay in our company?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

On campus interview:
    Selected the resume and asked for a 1 hour on campus interview.
    Interviewed by 2 managers from manufacturing and sales/service teams. Asked about my previous projects and internships.

Interview Questions

• Previous internships, projects?
      What dept within TML are you interested in ?
      Stress strain curves, mechanics of solids questions   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Intvw panel consisted of 2 members. I was asked to introduce myself. After that tech membr asked my fav subj. Basic quest on automobile was also asked. Then question on summer training was asked. Interviewer was nice guy he tried to maintain friendly environment. At the end i was asked what will i do if i am not selected for today

Interview Questions

• Tell me sth about yourself
      Application of fluid mechanics
      Types of welding
      Draw rankine cycle   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

hiring process includes 1 aptitude plus technical round then group discussion then followed by PI. my group discussion topic was correlation between education and success. others topic were is quality a myth in india, is china a threat to india likewise. aptitude test was normal . questions from power plant were also asked. best of luck to all of you if you are appearing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

PREPARE FOR TECHNICAL VERY WELL

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

online test: it was in four section, for every section different time was allocated. it was a adaptive test. you cannot go ahead without answering a question and neither can review the previous question . technical was tough but rest was easy
    gd: in my case gd was not taken.

interview: mainly they were asking the basic of electronics.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

Interview

Technical ( core mechanical engineering) and aptitude(logical ability) tests, followed by group discussion. this was followed by technical and HR rounds of interviews. Each of these rounds were eliminating in nature.Technical Interviews were based on one's resume, his/her projects and experiences. They also included a few basic mechanical engineering questions.The interviews lasted for 20-30 mins per candidate

Interview Questions

• What are the features to be kept in mind while 1) designing a car? 2) buying a car? What are the differences?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

Interview

It was Campus placement.
    Selection process:
    Shortlist By Resumes, Aptitude Test, Technical Test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview, HR Interview.
    Aptitude has 4 sections: logical reasoning, Quantitave, English, Technical.
    GD topic: Quality is myth in India, Smart working vs hard working.
    Techincal interview: basic questions of power electronics - e.g. Difference b/w SCR and resistor.
    HR interview: simple.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

Interview

Tata motors had started its selection process on December 1, 2014.They had taken an aptitude test which was conducted by AMCAT. Written test was easy, contained 4 sections, quat, verbal, technical and logical reasoning, there was no negative marking, and questions appeared only once in the screen, there was no option of switching back to previous question.

Tata motors had visited our campus on December 6,2014.They had a 30 minute ppt.Then,then they announced the result of selected candidate for interview, out of 15 much students, they had selected only 8,out of which 7 got placed.

After the ppt session, interview had been started. I was the first candidate to be interviewed. The panel consisted of three members 1 HR and 2 technical. Interview started with the same traditional question, “why do you want to join the company?”Then, they asked me question related manufacturing. After that, we had a long discussion about my project and intern. Since, I was a member of SAE India, they asked me few question regarding my contribution.

Overall, I answered the question satisfactorily, but I also consider that I was unable to impress them, sometimes your luck plays a big role. So, never lose a hope, anything can happen in interviews, always be optimistic.

Application

Interview

Campus placement
    Shortlist By Aptitude Test, Technical
    Elimination by a discussion round

1 interview of about 30 mins: Mix of Technical and HR
    Questions about basic Solid Mechanics, Design of machine elements, masters thesis, internships
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years, Why TATA motors

Interview Questions

• Why is an I-beam I in shape   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Agartala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Agartala (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

It took 2 days for the process, on the first day there was a written test(Aptitude +Technical) ,in my college 70 students applied and on the very next morning we got our result and 25 got shortlisted for group discussion. Basically socio-economic topics were discussed in GD. After that 15 got shortlisted for interview and finally 5 got selected.

Interview Questions

• About my self,and my education till date. About welding,types of welding, iron carbon diagram, question about various states of steel we face in iron carbon diagram, training based questions and one question from strength of material.   Answer Question