Tata Motors Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Motors

2.8

GET(Graduate Engineer Trainee) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors in August 2015.

Interview

interview process included a technical, aptitude test and a psychometric test which took place simultaneously within 1.5 hours. Then lastly hr and technical interview round for students selected in the previous round.
All the process takes place within oneday.

Interview Questions

• mainly technical questions from thermodynamics, ic engine, manufacturing engineering and theory of machines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tata Motors is the leading Automobile company of India.If you get selected than thats a great step forward for a bright future.

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

Aptitude and technical written test followed by interview based upon your choice of preferences.
    Interview panel consisted of 2 DGM . Interview lasted for almost 45 minutes. They will basically test you on your choice of preference like marketing, r&d, operations etc.

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Process consist of two rounds including aptitude, technical, personality, skill test followed by an interview. Interview was a test of basic technical and leadership skills. A PPT was also organised by the company before the interview.

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dakshina Kannada (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Dakshina Kannada (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

An online test was conducted which had six parts- quant, logical, personality, electrical and English. This followed by a personal interview for the shortlists. Before the interview, the shortlists were given a presentation by the company officials and there was a brief discussion.

Interview Questions

• explain power factor
      how does a transistor work
      about my major project
      strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Roorkee (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview was totally based on resume. HR and technical was common. More focus was on projects related things and co curricular activities. The panel consisted of 3 members from nearest plant.

Interview Questions

• They asked about steering mechanism and how the vehicle works   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Dhanbad (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

short listing is done based on exam they have taken then personnel interview only No GD is conducted.It is one day process and they are spending 10 min on each student.

Interview Questions

• tell me something about yourself
      1.state Bernoulli theorem
      2.Maxwell equation in thermodynamics
      3.Questions related to project   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

3 rounds. 1 online test, then 1 technical and 1 Hr interview. On campus hiring in college.
    Overall an entire day process in the college premises itself.
    Result declared on the same day.

Interview Questions

• About electrical motors, fans, diesel vs petrol cars, radiator, propellor shaft   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

It was my campus(NITC) placement interview dated on 12-12-2017
    There was online test first which consists questions from Technical,Aptitude,Psychometry,LR,etc.. Then shortlisted students had both Technical,HR both at a time by panel of 2 people.In my opinion they considered CGPA mainly i.e, students who were having good cgpa were interviewed more time than others.Unfortunately I couldn't get to it because of my poor performance in answering technical questions and also because of my less cgpa too.

Interview Questions

• What is Differential gear and how it works?
      How ABS works?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Test-
    It was mainly distributed in two parts - Technical and Psychometric
    Psychometric has more advantage so do it properly.
    Interview lasted for very short time around 20 min.
    Few technical questions in start and then projects only.
    Explain projects properly because they are main criteria in deciding your result.

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment. The company opened for Mechanical, Electrical and Metallurgy. An articulated resume with good internship and project experiences would favor technical interview. GETs have good opportunities. Basics should be strong. Important topics are heat treatment, mechanical metallurgy and powder metallurgy.
    Round 1 : Aptitude test (Basic Aptitude) , 1 section for core
    Round 2 : GD
    Round 3 : Technical Interview
    Round 4 : Hr interview

Interview Questions

• Technical Interview for metallurgy :

Projects,
      Internship questions,
      Draw Iron Carbide Diagram.
      Powder metallurgy