Tata Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Jamshedpur (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview in one word was subtle. They were keen to know about the technical knowledge. They asked questions related to automobile engineering and on my subjects of choice.And there was just one hr question about my future aspirations. Interview took about 10 minutes for completion.

Interview Questions

• Why does a car not have a differential in the front?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process went well. I completed 3 round of interview, the last with the HR head Mr. Chandel and was asked to submit my documents and go for the pre employment check up. I obliged with every demand, took leaves from my current company for this and then I was told the internal doctor who signs off the medical report was on leave for 2 weeks and then I was told there was the OE restructuring going on and hence the position was on hold. It was a rather disappointing experience and I had to follow up with the recruiter as she did not have the courtesy to keep me informed.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Lucknow (India)).

Interview

Interview was taken by a panel of 3 people, 1 from HR and two from the department from which the position was! The questions were more about what the candidate has mentioned on their CV/Resume.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

The interview was very good. The questions were mainly asked from resume. The interviewers were very friendly. The test was pretty easy. But i could not clear the interview. If you are a girl then you get the job easily.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silchar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Silchar (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two main processes :-
    1. Online AMCAT evaluation test
       **It consisted of : personality test, quantitative, logical reasoning, technical(branch specific), english comprehension, work completency.DONOT take personality and work completency test lightly. It is as important as other sections. There are sectional cutoffs and no negative marking.
    2. Personal interview round(Technical + HR)

Interview Questions

• 1.tell me about yourself?
      2.what is your favourite subject?
      3.how to control of dc shunt motor?
      4.what are different temperature sensors?
      5.why we need synchronism at the generation side?
      6.what are the different parts of a tubelight?   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

General questions based on CV, and other extracurricular, projects etc.
    focus was on extracurriculars. They check if you are ready to work in any dept, eg shopfloor, etc.
    Separate interview for Sales manager. Overall process is not difficult. They are more interested in your dedication for job at the company. I was also asked if I had any plans for higher studies.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Surat (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

There was an aptitude test with quant, verbal ,technical, psychometry and work competency test. The test duration was around 2 hours.Afterwards, there was interview round. Interview round consisted of both technical and HR. The interview duration was average 20 mins.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Panipat (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

first :written test with five sections
    aptitude, psychometry, verbal, technical and psychology
    then there was interview .. i was from civil branch.... it was one on one..... technical interview took place on phone and hr interview was face to face.... it was not so long.. the whole interview lasted 20 min.

Interview Questions

• why tata?
      further plans like mba or not?
      describe tata in one line?   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

first there was aptitude + technicle test,then direct interview
    out of 70 20 were shortlisted,their main preference was grls.all the technicle questions were related to cars.where electronics is used?what is the rrole of elecctrical engineer

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First there was a Test, which had different sections for Aptitude, Technical and Psychometry.
    Most of the shortlisting was done on this basis.
    The Interview consisted of 2 panelist one from HR and one from one of the technical section of the company.
    The Interview was around internships and project that I did during my college.

Interview Questions

• The one question one should always be ready for is Favorite Subject. (One should be prepared with the Sound knowledge of the same)   Answer Question