Tata Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

253 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a campus interview at my University. We took a 2 hour aptitude test and were shortlisted from about 75 candidates to 18 based on the test. It was then followed by a group discussion. The remaining 9 candidates were interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Senior Year Project   1 Answer

Summer Trainee Interview

Interview

I applied to the company via a reference. There was an interview conducted by the Human resources representative. Since this was for an internship position the interview was relatively easy and did not include many rounds.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my academic background and extracurricular activities were asked. My knowledge on automobile engineering subjects was tested.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Lengthy process, took about 3 weeks, Interviewers were friendly and helpful. But they did not get back on time. I had to travel quite far and compensation was provided. The pant tour was great as well

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Written, GD & PI. Written test is purely technical , GD is any current topic and PI is again mix of technical and your interest towards favorite topic. For Written exams practice MCQs (CAT likes question)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its an std package

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

5 Rounds of Aptitude test, Followed by the Group Discussion and the a 45 minutes of interview. Completely HR based interview from Manufacturing Head. Very few technical questions on powertrain, Latest Hybrid technology in Prius & Why Tata Motors?

Interview Questions

• How long will you stay in our company?   2 Answers

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

For GETs TATA Motors has a very simple interview process. They have an initial online written test and a following on campus interview if you clear the online test. The interviewers ask you questions about your resume and previous projects. Some questions like why do you want to join the company and where do you see yourself in 5 years are common.

Interview Questions

• List possible factors for low fuel efficiency in cars.   4 Answers

Diploma In Electrical Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Test is conducted by Tata motors is consists of Aptitude, verbal and technical(electrical​) questions. It is a basic technical question related to books.Approx 25 students is appearing for group discussion.Finally 14 students selected for interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Campus recruitment procedure:

The day started with an aptitude test: It was a mix of mechanical, electrical and statistical questions. Students appeared: 30

Group discussion: On the basis of results from Aptitude test, group discussion round conducted with around 10 selected candidates on current affairs.

Personal interview: Technical, Managerial and HR rounds

Final offer made : 2 people

Interview Questions

• Ohm's law,
      Derivation of survival/failure distribution of an electric bulb.
      Proof of some mechanical and statistical concepts   Answer Question

Paid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nit (Chad)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Nit (Chad)) in May 2017.

Interview

In interview only top 6 of the branch were allowed to face the technical interview and further selections were made. In Technical round they asked about the favorite subject and asked the questions. All though I have opt for IC engine. They asked series of questions from ic engines. They also asked HR questions. As i was from technical team so they asked questions from automobile engineering also.

Interview Questions

• Draw the pv and ts diagram of dual cycle? What is the efficiency of the diesel cycle and what are the parameters that effect the efficiency? and some questions on cooling and lubrication system   Answer Question
    • What are your short term and long term goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Jamshedpur (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview in one word was subtle. They were keen to know about the technical knowledge. They asked questions related to automobile engineering and on my subjects of choice.And there was just one hr question about my future aspirations. Interview took about 10 minutes for completion.

Interview Questions

• Why does a car not have a differential in the front?   1 Answer