Tata Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.1

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

It was three round process.
    (a) Technical Round interviewed by Panel
    (b) Design & project handling capability round taken by Panel. In this round a General product description was given, then task was given to design that product, preparing drawing with critical dimensions, Preparing Facility planning for manufacturing that product, Prepare marketing plan to sell that product etc.
    (c) Group Task, in this round common task was given to a group of candidates to check their communications, Leadership capability, Team player capability etc

Interview Questions

• How did you accomplished cost reduction in previous company.   1 Answer

GET & Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Campus selection - 1 Aptitude + 1 Psychometric + 1 GD + 1 PI. It was open to select branches of engineering but the set of selection varies from college to college. Aptitude comprised of English, Quant and Basics of Mechanical Engineering. GD had a group of about 10 people and topics were on concurrent themes and news.

Interview Questions

• Holistic interview ranging from technical to HR and interests. They are basically looking for cultural fit and long term commitment.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Bhubaneswar (India)) in February 2008.

Interview

I got through campus interview. Tata Motors had come to our college for the first time. We were all very excited about that. There was a pre placement talk 1 day before where they gave us a detailed information about the jobs and other structures. The best thing was we all found all that to be same at our workplace. There were three rounds: written, GD and technical interview. A total of 232 students sat for the interview and 83 cleared it. The from GD 17 of us went forward. And finally 5 of us got selected.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if u apply for leave and get denied for business exigencies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a campus interview and we were selected as GETs. so no negotiation talks.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors in September 2016.

Interview

We were selected through AMCAT and then faced the interview where in both technical and HR questions were asked. Most of the questions were from technical side and they also checked your confidence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered a salary range 5.6-6.15 LPA

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Patna, Bihar (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

As the company came to my institute for recruiting, it made eligible students from only Mechanical Engineering to appear for the test.
    It was a two-day process!
    A Computer Based Test(CBT) which was conducted by Aspiring Minds followed by the Personal Interview which was held the very next day.
    The CBT had various sections like General Aptitude, English, Technical, Psychometic Analysis and Work Competency Test.
    Questions were both easy and tough, but having a good technical knowledge will help you in attempting more of them.There wasn't any negative marking as such!!

Interview Questions

• Basics of Strength of Materials.

IC Engines - The questions can be a mix of both basics & the latest technologies trending in the field of Automobiles.It's better to read about some of the latest technologies in the field of interest that you choose..

Manufacturing- They will ask you this in deep for sure as they are taking you in a place where you'll see the actual manufacturing processes, so naturally they want to test you before hand!

Your training and projects!
      Since I had done my training & project in the same manufacturing firm, they asked me the question as,"Please explain what you did in your training.Why you did it? What benefits did you reap out of it? And then do explain what was the thing that made you do a project in the very same facility?"
      And yes, they did dive into the depths of both- my trainigs and projects!
      This is a section in your CV that you should be well-versed in!!
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Lucknow (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

First Telephonic round, then 2 rounds at plant location. First round of functional/ technical knowledge with 3 department heads. Final round with Senior management (Plant head, GM and above) along with HR executive. All this followed by medical tests.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions pertaining to my domain like Industrial engineering,   1 Answer
    • I was asked about my challenges in past organisations and how I overcame. Also I was asked to justify the facts and figures mentioned in my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was sent informed of salary proposal by mail and I accepted.

Siebel CRM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Take interview as per working prifile and exp, and working and handling tools.
    Handle project currentaly work on projects.
    Siebel CRM Configuration,
    Siebel EAI,
    BU and BU Handling Process.
    Support and management
    Client Handling
    Escalation Handling

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

the interview process was included various levels of screening process-
    1) Written test- it consist of various types of questions including technical , aptitude and English and other type of reasoning and personality testing questions.
    2) interview- the interview was regarding testing of technical skills as well as other skills such as HR ,leadership and other types of personality testing type of question. the interview was purely based in the resume of the candidate such as internships , projects and various types of extracurricular and co curricular activities.

Interview Questions

• Q) tell me about yourself?.convince us why should we hire you.   Answer Question

PGET Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

First we had a online test. test included psychological question set, English question set, aptitude question set and technical question set. after qualifying this test students were shortlisted for interview. There were two panel experts in my interview. They emphasized more on my M.Tech project and extra curricular activities. they were very easy going but creative people. they asked my traits and then questioned my move by making a situation in industry where i could use my traits.

Interview Questions

• 1. how will i Manage projects 2. what are my traits 3. my hobbies 4. my thesis in degree completion   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Lucknow (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, first is technical and the second is with higher management, general question about the current profile, some diagrammatic questions if applicable, how will you use your skills , what are your weakness and strengths, how will you overcome your weakness, how will your strengths help you in your job

Interview Questions

• what are the challenges you think are there for the profile which you have opted for   Answer Question