Tata Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.1

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process went well. I completed 3 round of interview, the last with the HR head Mr. Chandel and was asked to submit my documents and go for the pre employment check up. I obliged with every demand, took leaves from my current company for this and then I was told the internal doctor who signs off the medical report was on leave for 2 weeks and then I was told there was the OE restructuring going on and hence the position was on hold. It was a rather disappointing experience and I had to follow up with the recruiter as she did not have the courtesy to keep me informed.

Diploma In Electrical Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Test is conducted by Tata motors is consists of Aptitude, verbal and technical(electrical​) questions. It is a basic technical question related to books.Approx 25 students is appearing for group discussion.Finally 14 students selected for interview.

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Test-
    It was mainly distributed in two parts - Technical and Psychometric
    Psychometric has more advantage so do it properly.
    Interview lasted for very short time around 20 min.
    Few technical questions in start and then projects only.
    Explain projects properly because they are main criteria in deciding your result.

Interview Questions

• How to measure the flow rate?   1 Answer

TSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Mumbai (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview with a panel of regional manager of Heavy commercial vehicles ,regional manager of Small commercial vehicles and HR Manager and final F2F interview with country head separately. Post that one session with HR where he confirmed selection and explained the way forward

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, Academics, New ideas and value addition and how it is going to help the company in current scenario , some economic questions of fiscal deficit and monetary polices of India and whether it is good or not. Also asked on my career plan in Tata motors and what inspired me to opt for it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Jamshedpur (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview in one word was subtle. They were keen to know about the technical knowledge. They asked questions related to automobile engineering and on my subjects of choice.And there was just one hr question about my future aspirations. Interview took about 10 minutes for completion.

Interview Questions

• Why does a car not have a differential in the front?   1 Answer

Paid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nit (Chad)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Nit (Chad)) in May 2017.

Interview

In interview only top 6 of the branch were allowed to face the technical interview and further selections were made. In Technical round they asked about the favorite subject and asked the questions. All though I have opt for IC engine. They asked series of questions from ic engines. They also asked HR questions. As i was from technical team so they asked questions from automobile engineering also.

Interview Questions

• Draw the pv and ts diagram of dual cycle? What is the efficiency of the diesel cycle and what are the parameters that effect the efficiency? and some questions on cooling and lubrication system   Answer Question
    • What are your short term and long term goal?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

it was good to have an interview with Tata Motors. I was joining for the position of engineer. the opening was for Pantnagar plant.
    its very environment-friendly plant. Interview was with HR and technica team . the questions were moreover about how to maintain the quality of product with use of new technology.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave the current job.   1 Answer

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Ahmedabad (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

it's very easy to crack it.firstly you can apply online otherwise your friend and relative also refer you who is working in tata group.secondly you can also contact with that type of agency who can help you?

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Campus recruitment procedure:

The day started with an aptitude test: It was a mix of mechanical, electrical and statistical questions. Students appeared: 30

Group discussion: On the basis of results from Aptitude test, group discussion round conducted with around 10 selected candidates on current affairs.

Personal interview: Technical, Managerial and HR rounds

Final offer made : 2 people

Interview Questions

• Ohm's law,
      Derivation of survival/failure distribution of an electric bulb.
      Proof of some mechanical and statistical concepts   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Lucknow (India)).

Interview

Interview was taken by a panel of 3 people, 1 from HR and two from the department from which the position was! The questions were more about what the candidate has mentioned on their CV/Resume.