Tata Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.1

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

The interview was very good. The questions were mainly asked from resume. The interviewers were very friendly. The test was pretty easy. But i could not clear the interview. If you are a girl then you get the job easily.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Indore (India)).

Interview

Online test+Interviews
    Online test was aptitude +technical+ communication +logical+workplace competency test. There was no negative marking. Overall the level of the test was basic in terms of aptitude.
    Interviews were held via Skype, with the hr and technical in the same panel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Tsm selection process consist of a Aptitude test and a interview .Around 20 were shortlisted from 100 who gave aptitude test .Aptitude test comprises of sections like quant ,verbal ,reasoning ,sales acumen etc .Questions from numbers (basic questions ),profit and loss etc .Interview panel consisted of three.One from marketing and two from HR side .Interview was chill .They wanted to know our inclination towards sales. Prepare well about the company and ur reasons for joining .Rest everything destiny !

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Patna, Bihar (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

As the company came to my institute for recruiting, it made eligible students from only Mechanical Engineering to appear for the test.
    It was a two-day process!
    A Computer Based Test(CBT) which was conducted by Aspiring Minds followed by the Personal Interview which was held the very next day.
    The CBT had various sections like General Aptitude, English, Technical, Psychometic Analysis and Work Competency Test.
    Questions were both easy and tough, but having a good technical knowledge will help you in attempting more of them.There wasn't any negative marking as such!!

Interview Questions

• Basics of Strength of Materials.

IC Engines - The questions can be a mix of both basics & the latest technologies trending in the field of Automobiles.It's better to read about some of the latest technologies in the field of interest that you choose..

Manufacturing- They will ask you this in deep for sure as they are taking you in a place where you'll see the actual manufacturing processes, so naturally they want to test you before hand!

Your training and projects!
      Since I had done my training & project in the same manufacturing firm, they asked me the question as,"Please explain what you did in your training.Why you did it? What benefits did you reap out of it? And then do explain what was the thing that made you do a project in the very same facility?"
      And yes, they did dive into the depths of both- my trainigs and projects!
      This is a section in your CV that you should be well-versed in!!

Vehicle Testing and Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewing candidates for a position within your company is one of the final steps in the hiring process. Before you get to this step, you want to make sure that you've completed all of the preceding steps since each of these steps will have a direct impact on how effective the interview process will be.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pilani (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

amcat aspiring minds test+ presentation by the hr executive with interview with panel of 3 people----1 hr+ 1 technical expert+ 1 hr & technical ; test was tough and you need to practice basic gate questions to qualify for the test, entire interview panel was cordial.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, about internship, cold working, turbocharger, airbag system, mig welding, latest emission norms, HR was unexpected-- asked to define passion and aggression, do I have these traits? and if my boss abuses me what should I do? asked about hobbies (mine was hockey) asked about maj. dhyanchand.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

19 students were shortlisted for the Interview process out of around 60 applicants from Mechanical Department of our Institute. The Interview process was easy and consisted of only the technical part. Questions asked were very basic and fundamental and the panel was supportive enough throughout the interview process. The Interview lasted for about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your projects   1 Answer
    • Draw and explain P-V and H-S diagrams for SI and CI Engines   Answer Question
    • Basic concepts like heat transfer, surface tension, viscosity etc were asked.   Answer Question
    • What happens when petrol is supplied to diesel engine and diesel is supplied to a petrol engine?   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silchar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Silchar (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two main processes :-
    1. Online AMCAT evaluation test
       **It consisted of : personality test, quantitative, logical reasoning, technical(branch specific), english comprehension, work completency.DONOT take personality and work completency test lightly. It is as important as other sections. There are sectional cutoffs and no negative marking.
    2. Personal interview round(Technical + HR)

Interview Questions

• 1.tell me about yourself?
      2.what is your favourite subject?
      3.how to control of dc shunt motor?
      4.what are different temperature sensors?
      5.why we need synchronism at the generation side?
      6.what are the different parts of a tubelight?

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Surat (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

There was an aptitude test with quant, verbal ,technical, psychometry and work competency test. The test duration was around 2 hours.Afterwards, there was interview round. Interview round consisted of both technical and HR. The interview duration was average 20 mins.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Panipat (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

first :written test with five sections
    aptitude, psychometry, verbal, technical and psychology
    then there was interview .. i was from civil branch.... it was one on one..... technical interview took place on phone and hr interview was face to face.... it was not so long.. the whole interview lasted 20 min.

Interview Questions

• why tata?
      further plans like mba or not?
      describe tata in one line?