Tata Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.1

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through college. The interviewer was biased towards candidates from his region. He asked basic questions on IC engines and SOM which tested the thinking ability. Further, he asked some questions about family background and location preference.

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Chandigarh (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

i applied for GET as an electrical engineer
    it is two days process. first aptitude test made by amcat aspiring minds. test contains 4 sections quants, psychoetric, technical , logical. next day techincal and hr interview. basic technical questions related to machines, area of interests.. normal hr question why should we hire u? why tata motors
    test was average.. just focus on basics..

Interview Questions

• basic technical questions related to machines, area of interests..   Answer Question

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors in September 2016.

Interview

We were selected through AMCAT and then faced the interview where in both technical and HR questions were asked. Most of the questions were from technical side and they also checked your confidence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered a salary range 5.6-6.15 LPA

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kurukshetra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kurukshetra (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First of all they will conduct a ppt then a online test (hardest process for selection)
    if u got selected they will call you for an interview. All these will happened same day of visit.
    That's it!

Interview Questions

• about your internship and project
      some technical questions
      family related questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't worry about what will they ask about your technical. they mainly focus on your intern, training and project.

Anonymous Interview

Application

Interview

The interviewers do not really take it easy on you. They were a couple of pentagenerians. Industrial training is going to play a pivotal role throughout your interview. Most of the technical questions will be directed from there only. They may also ask about your areas of interest. Take it easy and do not panic. Although I did. Try to answer the basic questions confidently. Try to steer the interview towards your strengths.

Interview Questions

• HR Round
      1.Tell me about yourself.
      2.You have mentioned novel reading as your hobby, so give me the gist of the latest novel that you read.
      Technical Round
      1.Describe your industrial training in detail.
      2.What is broaching?
      3.What are the various parameters for spline shafts?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a Summer internship process in the college and company came for the post of SHE Intern. It was a normal interview no stress related question. they asked me 6-7 questions. I was able to answer almost all the question.
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. Difference between GRI 4 and GRI 3.
    3. CDP and DJSI
    4. Define Sustainability for an Automobile Company.
    5. How can sustainability be brought in Automobile company?

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

There was first a Test of 3 hours. After the shortlist was out. Interviews were to be held the next day. It was further followed by CV Shortlisting. There were two rounds of Interview - Technical and HR. Entire process took 2 days.

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Test-
    It was mainly distributed in two parts - Technical and Psychometric
    Psychometric has more advantage so do it properly.
    Interview lasted for very short time around 20 min.
    Few technical questions in start and then projects only.
    Explain projects properly because they are main criteria in deciding your result.

Interview Questions

• How to measure the flow rate?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

It was three round process.
    (a) Technical Round interviewed by Panel
    (b) Design & project handling capability round taken by Panel. In this round a General product description was given, then task was given to design that product, preparing drawing with critical dimensions, Preparing Facility planning for manufacturing that product, Prepare marketing plan to sell that product etc.
    (c) Group Task, in this round common task was given to a group of candidates to check their communications, Leadership capability, Team player capability etc

Interview Questions

• How did you accomplished cost reduction in previous company.   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Initial there was an aptitude test, after that we had one screening round and then the final few candidates who fitted well had final interview. The preference was given to the experienced candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are fit for the company?   1 Answer