Tata Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Motors

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Indore (India)).

Interview

Online test+Interviews
    Online test was aptitude +technical+ communication +logical+workplace competency test. There was no negative marking. Overall the level of the test was basic in terms of aptitude.
    Interviews were held via Skype, with the hr and technical in the same panel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

It was three round process.
    (a) Technical Round interviewed by Panel
    (b) Design & project handling capability round taken by Panel. In this round a General product description was given, then task was given to design that product, preparing drawing with critical dimensions, Preparing Facility planning for manufacturing that product, Prepare marketing plan to sell that product etc.
    (c) Group Task, in this round common task was given to a group of candidates to check their communications, Leadership capability, Team player capability etc

Interview Questions

• How did you accomplished cost reduction in previous company.   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

The process took me about a day and it was mainly focused on my resume details and it was kind of easy as I was asked something which I had already known

TMA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kolkata (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

7 interviews.
    it was a long process.
    several VCs were done and several interviews at various levels were conducted.
    i succeeded at every stage.
    just be confident and you will sail through.
    hiring process was slow took two months.
    final perks and packages and offer letter took some time.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview, one of which was a technical round and the other was an HR round. In the technical round, they mostly focused on the things I was passionate towards in Engineering and also queried about my expectations from the job.

Interview Questions

• A problem that I have faced in the past and how I recovered from it   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Ahmedabad (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

There was an initial screening test, comprising of 6 sections, namely Quantitative, Aptitude, Verbal, Technical, Personality, and Logical. After the screening process, we were set for an interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• How many percentages of your class go for further studies and how many of them eye for a job?   1 Answer
    • How many axes does the robot designed by your team had?   Answer Question
    • Other resume related question..   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 3 stages.
    First was a written test which had 5 sections(english, quant, logical, behavioural aptitude and Tech(ofcourse)). The written exam had sectional cut offs so it is important to perform good in all the sections.
    The second round was a Group Discussion.
    The third one was personal interview( both HR and Tech).
    There was elimination after each stage.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question they asked was about the model numbers of the commercial vehicles(basically, on what basis are they numbered like that)   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

hiring process includes 1 aptitude plus technical round then group discussion then followed by PI. my group discussion topic was correlation between education and success. others topic were is quality a myth in india, is china a threat to india likewise. aptitude test was normal . questions from power plant were also asked. best of luck to all of you if you are appearing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

PREPARE FOR TECHNICAL VERY WELL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

Interview

Technical ( core mechanical engineering) and aptitude(logical ability) tests, followed by group discussion. this was followed by technical and HR rounds of interviews. Each of these rounds were eliminating in nature.Technical Interviews were based on one's resume, his/her projects and experiences. They also included a few basic mechanical engineering questions.The interviews lasted for 20-30 mins per candidate

Interview Questions

• What are the features to be kept in mind while 1) designing a car? 2) buying a car? What are the differences?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

Interview

It was Campus placement.
    Selection process:
    Shortlist By Resumes, Aptitude Test, Technical Test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview, HR Interview.
    Aptitude has 4 sections: logical reasoning, Quantitave, English, Technical.
    GD topic: Quality is myth in India, Smart working vs hard working.
    Techincal interview: basic questions of power electronics - e.g. Difference b/w SCR and resistor.
    HR interview: simple.