Tata Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Motors Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Motors

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

online test: it was in four section, for every section different time was allocated. it was a adaptive test. you cannot go ahead without answering a question and neither can review the previous question . technical was tough but rest was easy
    gd: in my case gd was not taken.

interview: mainly they were asking the basic of electronics.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

A written test which included aptitude and branch related questions (Electronics in my case), was followed by a GD round. Group of 10 were considered at a time out of which 1 or 2 were selected. Then there was 1 interview round which was a mix of technical and HR both. 2 people took this round.

Interview Questions

• Name today's technology/application related to use of electronics engineering in automobiles.   2 Answers

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Analytical and thorough

Interview Questions

• Technical questions and that too very brief and about higher studies   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Ranchi (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring comprised of 3 steps- written round involving both technical and aptitude questions, Group Discussion round including some very general topics and one Technical interview round involving questions from one's own branch like if you are a student of electronics and communication, you may expect them to ask questions from digital electronics, microprocessrors etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I think everbody should go for it...

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

First a test was conducted which was divided into 4 parts with a duration of 2 hours.The 4 parts are quantitative ability(30 n 40 mins),verbal ability(30 in 40 mins),personality test(80 questions in 10 mins),technical(30 in 40 mins).Then top 10% of the candidates were selected for group discussion.10 member groups were formed and were given topics mainly based on current affairs.The ones who had displayed good confidence and had given strong and logical points were selected, grammatical mistakes during communication didn't matter much.Then we were called for the final interview.

Actually i was 17th in line for the interview and i had to wait till 12:00 am for my chance to come.The interviewers consisted of 2 technical people and 1 HR representative.They were interviewing the candidates from 4'o clock in the evening but still they were very active , showed no signs of exhaustion and acted in a very friendly manner.first they asked me about myself and they interrupted me in some occasions to get a detailed picture about my projects and internships.after that some technical questions were asked,i was able to answer some and then they started asking tougher questions.at this stage i said i am not that good in technical knowledge and started saying about my extracurricular activities and co-curricular activities.they enthusiastically asked me to explain and i said that i am multi-tasker and good at managing things and corroborated by telling them about my participation in competitions,the prizes i won in quizzes and the roles which i held in college clubs etc. then they asked some GK questions and my opinions on current political scenarios. mostly the interview went on good note and they gave much importance to honesty, presence of mind and multitasking.during the interview i gave some witty answers and they also cracked some jokes in the initial phase of interview to make me comfortable and be at ease.

Interview Questions

• is creation of small states in India good or bad for the country?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Bhopal (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was undertaken at campus. First a written test was conducted followed by Group discussion and interview.
    Topics in group discussion were common related to current affairs.
    Interview too was general that concentrated on projects and trainings carried out. Questions were asked based on the working of automobiles

Interview Questions

• most of the questions were common and easy but a question which i felt unexpected was:
      describe the main functional of an electric motors employed in a car.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i completely described the project that i carried out which was matching the field of interest of the interviewer and described how i could be helpful to the organisation.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Tata Motors Came to our college as part of annual campus recruitment drive. There were three stages in the selection process. Written Test followed by a group discussion & then the final interview. Results were declared after the final interviews of all selected candidates were completed. All rounds were elimination with maximum elimination during written test.

Interview Questions

• The candidate is asked to fill a form giving complete info about his academics, projects undertaken & extra-curricular interests. Questions are asked based on information you provide to the employer and if you are not honest about any information there is a possibility of getting caught off-guard by the interviewers   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)).

Interview

Was interviewed by an HR manager and a senior manager at TML. They came down to Kharagpur from Jamshedpur for the on-campus interview. There was a Group Discussion in the first round, followed by an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was highly conversational with some behavioral questions and a basic discussion about my final year project   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

First they had a test which had 3 sections 1.Aptitude 2. English 3. Technical.
    Aptitude and english was easy but technical was not at all relevant to Btech courses.
    They clear about half people for GD.GD is taken in group of 8 people and after GD one round of interview is there. For electrical people they ask about power systems,machines and power electroncis

Interview Questions

• How will u design a power system with 3 batteries in a way that you have to charge them when power is on and when power is off you have to tun system with batteries.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Coimbatore (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was quite tough and it was all about the basics involved starting from first semester. Give much importance to your IPT's, Interns and PPT's. These add much value. Interview process took about 45 mins. A good communication and better knowledge on your IPT's will get you into the company. There was no Group discussion and a huge screening was made in the prelims.