Tate & Lyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

Been interviewed once by the hiring agent and got another phone interview with the plant manager and operations manager. The phone interview was really quick. It lasted 15 minutes. I never heard back from them since then. Been 2 weeks now since no news. Does anyone been through the hiring process? How long does it normally take from phone interview to on site interview?

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and given a preliminary screening. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager was set up. After I passed that screening, I was invited in for a face to face interview with several team members that seemed to go well. I was then put "On hold", with not much information coming back. They seemed to have a tough time making a decision, and the position had been open for some time. After waiting about 6 weeks, I received an offer for another company and let them know. They thanked me without explanation about the status of the positon there.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN).

Interview

The provided housing and dinner for the first night. We went to breakfast and then came to the plant for a tour. We ate lunch and then went through three back to back interviews. There was a group of 6 of us. Three from my school and three from another school. They had more groups coming through after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of detailed questions about topics on my resume.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and contacted the HR person directly on LinkedIn to request an interview. Had a phone interview with the HR guy, which seemed fruitful because he invited me in for an interview the following week and offered to give me a tour of the company. I never heard back from him to schedule it, however. I called him to follow up and he told me he'd call me in a few days to confirm a date for the in-person interview. When days passed with no call, I called again and left a voice mail. Also followed up via email, but it was radio silence. Why tell a job candidate you're interested if you're going to blow them off entirely? I found this experience to be incredibly rude and unprofessional. This guy gives HR people a bad rep.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Mostly technical about experience. Lots of back to back interviews. Everyone kept asking if I had any questions. I had a pretty good list of questions, but by the time I left I was "questioned out". Everyone was very nice and wanting to make it a welcoming environment. It seemed like a really good place to work.

Global Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Many interviews with multiple levels. While it is fine to request multiple interviews at this level, you should not be putting candidates through this process if you aren't serious about them. This could have been completed over the phone. Poor management style for conducting interviews. Either you can make a decision or you can't without bringing everyone into a meeting.

Interview Questions

• Somewhat technical and mostly relationship oriented   1 Answer

EMEA Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Telephone, TX).

Interview

I applied directly and quickly ascertained the role was being managed by a third party recruiter namely cohesion recruitment who are based in Birmingham. This was the worst experience ever. They to a long time to contact me,I had to chase and then had a telephone interview with the agency that was an hour. Then I was told I was one of the better candidates and would be contacted in a week. 6 weeks passed. I had a message from their ATS to say they were conducting interviews still. I called two people at Tate who are recruitment managers and not one message was returned on Linkedin, email or a voicemail. I was recommended to work here by an ex Tate Employee who has moved on to another country. I put other roles on hold for this. Bad process and I am most certainly shocked.

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrico, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Henrico, VA).

Interview

Comprehensive group and questions. Thorough disclosure and expectations with plenty of time to interview them. Very professional group. They provided access to multiple level staffers including peers. Very accommodating with regard to efforts to make visit less stressful and smooth from a logistical standpoint

Interview Questions

• How do you handle sales as a new representative when the reputation of the products and company precedes you?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle in December 2014.

Interview

Went well, they were very nice and engaging. I had no problem holding a conversation with them. They were well prepared and very well spoken. They had questions and follow ups to all of the.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you faced, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Lafayette, IN) in June 2009.

Interview

it was a phone interview with a recruiter and then i believe a phone screen with the plant manager and hiring manager and then an onsite interview. met some of the plant team for dinner the night before at a nice restaurtant. judging by the way they were dressed these folks were some hillbillies. and i do not mean that in a derogative way, its just that i dont know of many fast food places that allow you to wear cut off shirts to dinner? since when is a cut off shirt "professional?" i knew from that, that this company culture and i were not a fit. the next day was the typical process; meeting with members of the team. apparently they arent used to or did not expect a black chemical engineer to be interviewing with them judging from the hostile response i received from most on the team. i guess being black and well qualified wearing a ralph lauren suit was too much for these "hoosiers." there was one asian on the team, but he thought he was white. so much for "diversity." also, this was the only company that i had an issue with getting reimbursed for interview costs. go figure.