Tate & Lyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.8

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN).

Interview

The provided housing and dinner for the first night. We went to breakfast and then came to the plant for a tour. We ate lunch and then went through three back to back interviews. There was a group of 6 of us. Three from my school and three from another school. They had more groups coming through after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of detailed questions about topics on my resume.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Mostly technical about experience. Lots of back to back interviews. Everyone kept asking if I had any questions. I had a pretty good list of questions, but by the time I left I was "questioned out". Everyone was very nice and wanting to make it a welcoming environment. It seemed like a really good place to work.

Global Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Many interviews with multiple levels. While it is fine to request multiple interviews at this level, you should not be putting candidates through this process if you aren't serious about them. This could have been completed over the phone. Poor management style for conducting interviews. Either you can make a decision or you can't without bringing everyone into a meeting.

Interview Questions

• Somewhat technical and mostly relationship oriented   1 Answer

EMEA Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Telephone, TX).

Interview

I applied directly and quickly ascertained the role was being managed by a third party recruiter namely cohesion recruitment who are based in Birmingham. This was the worst experience ever. They to a long time to contact me,I had to chase and then had a telephone interview with the agency that was an hour. Then I was told I was one of the better candidates and would be contacted in a week. 6 weeks passed. I had a message from their ATS to say they were conducting interviews still. I called two people at Tate who are recruitment managers and not one message was returned on Linkedin, email or a voicemail. I was recommended to work here by an ex Tate Employee who has moved on to another country. I put other roles on hold for this. Bad process and I am most certainly shocked.

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrico, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Henrico, VA).

Interview

Comprehensive group and questions. Thorough disclosure and expectations with plenty of time to interview them. Very professional group. They provided access to multiple level staffers including peers. Very accommodating with regard to efforts to make visit less stressful and smooth from a logistical standpoint

Interview Questions

• How do you handle sales as a new representative when the reputation of the products and company precedes you?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle in December 2014.

Interview

Went well, they were very nice and engaging. I had no problem holding a conversation with them. They were well prepared and very well spoken. They had questions and follow ups to all of the.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you faced, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Lafayette, IN) in June 2009.

Interview

it was a phone interview with a recruiter and then i believe a phone screen with the plant manager and hiring manager and then an onsite interview. met some of the plant team for dinner the night before at a nice restaurtant. judging by the way they were dressed these folks were some hillbillies. and i do not mean that in a derogative way, its just that i dont know of many fast food places that allow you to wear cut off shirts to dinner? since when is a cut off shirt "professional?" i knew from that, that this company culture and i were not a fit. the next day was the typical process; meeting with members of the team. apparently they arent used to or did not expect a black chemical engineer to be interviewing with them judging from the hostile response i received from most on the team. i guess being black and well qualified wearing a ralph lauren suit was too much for these "hoosiers." there was one asian on the team, but he thought he was white. so much for "diversity." also, this was the only company that i had an issue with getting reimbursed for interview costs. go figure.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by face to face interview. After the interview I was told I would be called 3 days later with the outcome. I was never called and instead received an email almost 2 weeks later that I hadn't gotten the job after travelling 500 miles for the interview. Very discourteous and at that point I had already been offered another role and decided even if they offered me it I would decline. Do what you say you will do and don't waste people's time.

Interview Questions

• Competency based interview quesions   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview with someone in the US. They are not willing to a pay decent salary. The are looking for candidates qualified to make £100k and pay them £25. Stay away from this company at all cost.

General Management Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle in October 2011.

Interview

Staffing agency was very professional and organized. Had phone interview, video interview, two in-person interviews. Met with top two key executives with organization. HR was extremely professional. Top executive was complacent, negative to CEO and otherwise not overly positive about organization and strategic initiative CEO had in motion. Unprofessional, and very surprising.