Tate & Lyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.7

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN).

Interview

The provided housing and dinner for the first night. We went to breakfast and then came to the plant for a tour. We ate lunch and then went through three back to back interviews. There was a group of 6 of us. Three from my school and three from another school. They had more groups coming through after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of detailed questions about topics on my resume.   Answer Question

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

There were two rooms where two separate interviews took place. There were five managers in each room. It was a little intimidating, but once discussion began it was pretty laid back, and they really seemed to care about me as a person. They weren't aggressive. They didn't try to assert dominance. The spoke to me on MY level.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that all accidents are preventable?   1 Answer

HR Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle in May 2017.

Interview

I got to know the HR manager through my former job and was asked if I wanted the job at T&L. I sent my CV and motiaton letter. Talked to the HR manager, plant manager, CFO, 2 heads of other departments within the plant and 2 future colleagues.

Interview Questions

• How would you attract new employees? How would you manage diversity? How would you get to know all employees and communicate with them? Why do you want to work at T&L?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Ask mainly based on resume.
    1 on 1 interview each for 30-60 min. Met 6 people total.
    Before onsite there is a 10 min talk with hr manager followed by 30-60 min phone interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle in November 2013.

Interview

Sollicitatie dmv headhunter, 4 gesprek rondes met manager 2 x met director in totaal en een afsluitend gesprek met de VP, salaris onderhandeling met HR op head office in UK dit proces was erg moeizaam

Interview Questions

• wat zou de toegevoegde waarde zijn als ik de kandidaat zou zijn   1 Answer

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Lafayette, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

New, challenging and unique, perfect setup for the job to come. Shows that you can cooperate and communicate as a team. Seemed like to many people were present at the interview making it difficult to reach and impress everyone judging as it ultimately came down to a vote as a group.

Interview Questions

• Conflict resoultion between two people   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Mostly technical about experience. Lots of back to back interviews. Everyone kept asking if I had any questions. I had a pretty good list of questions, but by the time I left I was "questioned out". Everyone was very nice and wanting to make it a welcoming environment. It seemed like a really good place to work.

PDG Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hammond, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

The process Started with a skype call with HR and hiring manager. This was a general questioning with no specific job. After review they called and asked I do an onsite interview. The interview was with pairs of different managers. Each one had an opening in their area. There was also a plant tour and lunch. A few weeks later an offer was proposed. Over all the process was great and really taylored to find a match of what both parties were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding what I wanted to do in the company so they could best match my needs   Answer Question

Global Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Many interviews with multiple levels. While it is fine to request multiple interviews at this level, you should not be putting candidates through this process if you aren't serious about them. This could have been completed over the phone. Poor management style for conducting interviews. Either you can make a decision or you can't without bringing everyone into a meeting.

Interview Questions

• Somewhat technical and mostly relationship oriented   1 Answer

IT Finance Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

After a 4+ week interview process in which I completed four different assessments, championed four rigorous interviews (two of which were attended by the SVP of Business Performance and the Director of FP&A and Central Functions), and submitted a urine sample for drug/alcohol screening, I was offered the job with a benefits package.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Several days after the job was offered it was rescinded because the original job specification was inaccurate and did not reference the type of academic credentials required for this position. Clearly this company reasoned that my 15+ years in the financial industry and wealth of knowledge as a senior leader in several of my previous roles disqualified me from this position. Never did I misrepresent myself. My educational background was never discussed only my work experience in which C-Suite references would have corroborated. Such unethical treatment is a reflection of the type of management you can expect from this company!