Tate & Lyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tate & Lyle Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.8

Process Operator Interview

Interview

Take a 3 hour aptitude/skills test along with other applicants. Test includes math skills, thinking skills, mechanical aptitude, visual comprehension, etc.

If you pass the test you will be scheduled for an interview. The interview was a few weeks after the test.

The interview is usually conducted by two groups of two people, some in management, and some representing the union officials.

After a successful interview a job offer is extended.

There is a week-long orientation process before being placed within the plant (you have no say which department you're going)

Interview Questions

• The most important thing they are looking for is a familiarity or at least a commitment to a safety regime since the number one buzzword in the plant is "safety." Do not tell stories that demonstrate risky behavior, aversion to authority, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is per union contract.

Production Engineer Interview

Interview

on site interviewed with multiple manager and senior managment within the company as well as got a tour of the process areas that they have. Got to have lunch inbetwen session to get a to know people inbetween interview sessions. Interview was long so be prepared to talk alot and have plenty of questions to interview the people you are talking to.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview with someone in the US. They are not willing to a pay decent salary. The are looking for candidates qualified to make £100k and pay them £25. Stay away from this company at all cost.

Applications Scientist Interview

Interview

HR coordinator set up onsite interview schedule with managers from departments I would be working with. Everyone was friendly and asked relevant working style and experience questions. Lunch was offsite with peers. Received prompt email from hiring manager with positive feedback. Offer took couple weeks but hiring manager kept me updated via email.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize application testing demands from several departments   Answer Question

Commute to work too long.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Dayton, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied nearly six months before even being called. After that you go through two round robin style interviews. They last about three hours each. After that things move very quickly

Negotiation

It is all union so no negotiations are done.Pay is grEAAAAT

EMEA Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Telephone, TX).

Interview

I applied directly and quickly ascertained the role was being managed by a third party recruiter namely cohesion recruitment who are based in Birmingham. This was the worst experience ever. They to a long time to contact me,I had to chase and then had a telephone interview with the agency that was an hour. Then I was told I was one of the better candidates and would be contacted in a week. 6 weeks passed. I had a message from their ATS to say they were conducting interviews still. I called two people at Tate who are recruitment managers and not one message was returned on Linkedin, email or a voicemail. I was recommended to work here by an ex Tate Employee who has moved on to another country. I put other roles on hold for this. Bad process and I am most certainly shocked.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

They speak with you one on one. That was the best part. Felt like they really cared to know me. After that the ball can be dropped. It seems like they only have 3 people in their HR department, and you're playing phone tag. The length of this whole process was ridiculous.

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Lafayette, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward. Spent most of interview talking about position, no behavioral questions, just a brief analysis and questioning of what was on my resume. Got a call back the next week asking me to come to the plant to visit and make sure I knew what I was getting into. Went to plant, just had a tour, no interview. Got an offer the next week!

Interview Questions

• So why would you want to work in a corn processing job after working at [a major pharmaceutical company] which is very different?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate, just accepted.

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle in December 2014.

Interview

Went well, they were very nice and engaging. I had no problem holding a conversation with them. They were well prepared and very well spoken. They had questions and follow ups to all of the.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you faced, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple interview with one of the Senior Staff Engineers. Got to ask questions about the position after the interview was over. Took about half an hour. Interviewer was friendly and open about their experiences working for the company.