Tate & Lyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tate & Lyle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.7

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

Been interviewed once by the hiring agent and got another phone interview with the plant manager and operations manager. The phone interview was really quick. It lasted 15 minutes. I never heard back from them since then. Been 2 weeks now since no news. Does anyone been through the hiring process? How long does it normally take from phone interview to on site interview?

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

Very unprofessional HR. 4 interviews with many promises. Bonus package which after I joined was not at all correct. Very complex bonus system. Promises to grow were after I joined not given!

HR Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle in May 2017.

Interview

I got to know the HR manager through my former job and was asked if I wanted the job at T&L. I sent my CV and motiaton letter. Talked to the HR manager, plant manager, CFO, 2 heads of other departments within the plant and 2 future colleagues.

Interview Questions

• How would you attract new employees? How would you manage diversity? How would you get to know all employees and communicate with them? Why do you want to work at T&L?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Ask mainly based on resume.
    1 on 1 interview each for 30-60 min. Met 6 people total.
    Before onsite there is a 10 min talk with hr manager followed by 30-60 min phone interview with hiring manager.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and contacted the HR person directly on LinkedIn to request an interview. Had a phone interview with the HR guy, which seemed fruitful because he invited me in for an interview the following week and offered to give me a tour of the company. I never heard back from him to schedule it, however. I called him to follow up and he told me he'd call me in a few days to confirm a date for the in-person interview. When days passed with no call, I called again and left a voice mail. Also followed up via email, but it was radio silence. Why tell a job candidate you're interested if you're going to blow them off entirely? I found this experience to be incredibly rude and unprofessional. This guy gives HR people a bad rep.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN).

Interview

The provided housing and dinner for the first night. We went to breakfast and then came to the plant for a tour. We ate lunch and then went through three back to back interviews. There was a group of 6 of us. Three from my school and three from another school. They had more groups coming through after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of detailed questions about topics on my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle in November 2013.

Interview

Sollicitatie dmv headhunter, 4 gesprek rondes met manager 2 x met director in totaal en een afsluitend gesprek met de VP, salaris onderhandeling met HR op head office in UK dit proces was erg moeizaam

Interview Questions

• wat zou de toegevoegde waarde zijn als ik de kandidaat zou zijn   1 Answer

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Lafayette, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

New, challenging and unique, perfect setup for the job to come. Shows that you can cooperate and communicate as a team. Seemed like to many people were present at the interview making it difficult to reach and impress everyone judging as it ultimately came down to a vote as a group.

Interview Questions

• Conflict resoultion between two people   1 Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple interview with one of the Senior Staff Engineers. Got to ask questions about the position after the interview was over. Took about half an hour. Interviewer was friendly and open about their experiences working for the company.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Mostly technical about experience. Lots of back to back interviews. Everyone kept asking if I had any questions. I had a pretty good list of questions, but by the time I left I was "questioned out". Everyone was very nice and wanting to make it a welcoming environment. It seemed like a really good place to work.